PVB Tower Charts, Sales Date and more!!!

If you are on a real computer (not sure about iPad or tablets) there is a few links to filter the results.

By the default it is in $$ as this tool is really there to help renters but if you click on "Display Points" it will change.

View attachment 895984

View attachment 895983

If you are on a phone you don't have to change it but I prefer the real computer site as it is easier to compare if you are looking to change at 7 months and the phone only shows one resort at a time.

View attachment 895986
Thank you! :)

Depends what you mean by "may not lose a lot of value". Will you be ok with it if the resale prices for small contracts were in the $160s?

There was a 50-point contract in my use year with no 2024 points and full 2025 points sitting out there for a couple of months in the mid-$160s (firm) and it got taken earlier today, probably just a few hours after this announcement. $60/point difference is a pretty big premium to pay just for the ability to use those 50 points at Riviera and CFW. Apparently, I wasn't the only one thinking that...

I do think you're right that it's a better deal than Riviera direct. But that's not even under consideration for us since resale restrictions on direct sales are a deal breaker. I wish they made Poly direct vs. resale an easier choice, like they did with VGF last summer. We'll see what the incentives are in October and 6 or 12 months from now - I'm not in a rush to buy resale or direct here unless it's an easy decision on the direct front. Maybe they can convince me otherwise on the August member cruise if I have a few drinks before I stop by...
I have seen nothing in my use year under 170 for less than 100 points

I will probably end up adding on direct at RIV as the 7 month SV studio is harder at RIV than Poly. Restrictions has to be measured against the premium for PV at RIV which tends to be what is available at 7 months.

I stand corrected on an earlier post on the prior PVB thread. Poly is now the official flagship with the most points required to book a stay not just at WDW but any DVC resort globally. Glad I already have points from a while back but jeezzz. I guess on the bright side, maybe there will always be availability at x number of months out? 7 months? 6 months? I guess we will see.

So high points chart for PVB.
High dues chart for the Cabins.
High $/point for direct with resale mostly flat for now except for the recent PVB resale spike.

I have a feeling any future new resort coming online will have a "high" something component to it.

Last edited:
Yes we are planning on buying direct — been waiting since May and want to pay it off ASAP 🥴 so Disney gives you the benefits and lets you book before it closes it sounds like?
Yes you would get your points and then you could book on the 5th as new buyers at the Poly.

BTW if you have a Disney Visa you can put it on that which many of us do for the 0% for 6 months.

Thinking about adding on here but had a question and hoping @Sandisw or someone else can answer.
I am already a blue card holder but I want to start to set up any purchases with my adult children on the deed as well. So here are the questions:
- if I make a add on purchase and add my adult child on the title, will that mean that i would not have the same member number for that contract?
- for my adult child to get DVC privileges (annual passes, etc.) does my add on purchase have to be at least 150points?

Thanks

Thinking about adding on here but had a question and hoping @Sandisw or someone else can answer.
I am already a blue card holder but I want to start to set up any purchases with my adult children on the deed as well. So here are the questions:
- if I make a add on purchase and add my adult child on the title, will that mean that i would not have the same member number for that contract?
- for my adult child to get DVC privileges (annual passes, etc.) does my add on purchase have to be at least 150points?

Thanks
If it has a different set of owners on the deed I believe it will have a new membership number but will still show up under the same website login for you

If your child is only on the new purchase deed, then the new purchase will have to be at least 150 points for them to get direct benefits when you are not there.

Another option is to change the owners on your current deed to include them so they will get direct benefits regardless of the new purchase amount

I will probably end up adding on direct at RIV as the 7 month SV studio is harder at RIV than Poly. Restrictions has to be measured against the premium for PV at RIV which tends to be what is available at 7 months.
Right now it is certainly easier to grab a Standard Poly studio than Standard RIV studio for sure.

RIV Standard studios will continue to be hard to grab especially as more RIV Resale contracts come into play forcing those people to stay there with no where else to go.

Poly Standard studios may be harder to come by in the future as well though.

Amy & @pkrieger2287 had mentioned on the DVC Show about the fine print shown at the bottom of the new point charts.

"Standard view includes other areas of the resort, such as gardens or parking areas. Preferred view includes at least a partial view of lakes, pools, or golf course. Premium view includes at least partial views of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Theme Park view includes at least a partial view of Magic Kingdom Park."

There are currently 288 "Standard" and 72 "Lake" view longhouses.

Could they switch some of the standard view from Tokelau that face the pool or MK to Preferred?

Room 3908 has a view of the castle and you can see an obstructed view of the lake.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows?room=3908&rooms=true

I don't know if they would do that but it certainly sounds like they could which would reduce the amount of standard studios a little bit making it ever so slightly harder to get into a longhouse at the 7 month window.

Thanks
@Tatebeck is correct. If you want to add on with your children and you do not wish to purchase 150 points you will need to have the existing title(s) changed that qualified from membership extras to include them.
After they are added they will then be immediately blue card members and you can add on for the minimum the resort offers ie OKW 25 points RIV 50.

When you add on the deed will need to be titled the exact same way with names and the survivorship information.

If one thing is different it would create a new membership number and 150 point purchase would be necessary. Since you are adding on directly it is not as much of an issue ensuring everything is exactly the same compared to when purchasing resale.

Right now it is certainly easier to grab a Standard Poly studio than Standard RIV studio for sure.

RIV Standard studios will continue to be hard to grab especially as more RIV Resale contracts come into play forcing those people to stay there with no where else to go.

Poly Standard studios may be harder to come by in the future as well though.

Amy & @pkrieger2287 had mentioned on the DVC Show about the fine print shown at the bottom of the new point charts.

"Standard view includes other areas of the resort, such as gardens or parking areas. Preferred view includes at least a partial view of lakes, pools, or golf course. Premium view includes at least partial views of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Theme Park view includes at least a partial view of Magic Kingdom Park."

There are currently 288 "Standard" and 72 "Lake" view longhouses.

Could they switch some of the standard view from Tokelau that face the pool or MK to Preferred?

Room 3908 has a view of the castle and you can see an obstructed view of the lake.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows?room=3908&rooms=true

I don't know if they would do that but it certainly sounds like they could which would reduce the amount of standard studios a little bit making it ever so slightly harder to get into a longhouse at the 7 month window.
I requested that exact room some 4 months ago so as long as it’s after Easter next year then no dramas!

Jokes obvs but I did wonder if they could / would recategorise longhouses and Tokelau I thought was the obvious one.

I’m catching up on the thread. But I think they definitely broke the points chart in the view categories by not thinking things through correctly.

Why do Duo Studio views cost more than a standard deluxe. As a huge Duo Studio defender, by what logic would anyone book a Duo with a slightly better view of a parking lot over a Longhouse Standard or PIT standard?

See VDH and PIT for what I mean. The upper boundaries of the views are still supposed to be limited by the lower boundaries of the next room size. Views simply aren’t worth that much in cash rates… and the Duo Studios actual upper boundaries are not even theme park views. They are just ‘premium’, whatever that means.

IMG_0391.png

IMG_0392.png

I stand correct on an earlier post on the prior PVB thread. Poly is now the official flagship with the most points required to book a stay not just at WDW but any DVC resort globally. Glad I already have points from a while back but jeezzz. I guess on the bright side, maybe there will always be availability at x number of months out? 7 months? 6 months? I guess we will see.

So high points chart for PVB.
High dues chart for the Cabins.
High $/point for direct with resale mostly flat for now except for the recent PVB resale spike.

I have a feeling any future new resort coming online will have a "high" something component to it.
I mean… with those theme park view villas… they have the best view of any DVC villa…

I mean… with those theme park view villas… they have the best view of any DVC villa…
Astro, I'm anxious to see what those will look like from the top floors.

BLT higher floors have some great views with higher meaning less of the parking lot to see. While not always the best during the day, at night BLT views are awesome. Poly Tower will add some good competition and a second high tower view into MK (water instead of parking lot). Can't wait to see the pics!

The issue they could run into in trying to do this depends on the units those rooms were declared into. Each "unit" has a specified number of points, if that changed, it would change a members ownership (since ownership is expressed as a percentage of points in that declared unit). Example, suppose Unit 1A was a group of 10 studios in Tokelau. It has say 104,000 points assigned to it. Someone buys a contract back in PVB1 for Unit 1A for 200 points. In their deed, they will expressly have a .1923077% ownership of Unit 1A. If DVD decided to change those views and make it a total of 120,000 points, then the owner's ownership would not reflect what was on their deed, as it would now be .1666667%.

They did this with the Treehouses at SSR, which some speculate they shouldn't have been able to do, but didn't get a lot of pushback on it. They did get pushback on the lockout chart fiasco back in 2019-2020, so I think that they would be hesitant to push this, though I could be wrong. However, I think now that people are more educated on what the ownership is, if they tried to do that they would probably be challenged on it.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest