Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

No, the situation is that he sold pics to the paparazzi for money. If he was willing to do that, who knows what info that he finds out on the Royal family or Meghan will he sell for money. He obviously can be bought. So, he has a price. This isn't the first story about him, Meghan & money. So, this is about his integrity.

Other famous celebrities have mentioned how family members & people they thought were good friends sold info to the paparazzi& tabloids. Oprah, for one. A cousin sold the story that she had a miscarriage when she was young. Mariah Carey's first husband used to take Mariah's family & friends cellphones when they came to visit her, so they couldn't sell any pics of her or any events they were at with her.

I doubt he's going to get some highly sensitive secrets of the royal family by going to his daughter's wedding bc he had a photographer take professional nice photos of him and he took money for them one time. I think if he was doing things just for money he would be doing a LOT of photos and doing them all the time. It was said he been harassed endlessly by the paparazzi and another daughter said that she suggested he do these professional shots for the wedding bc the paparazzi were endlessly trying to get bad shots of him, etc. It's his daughter's wedding, he just had a heart attack. Let your father walk you down the aisle at your wedding.

Last edited:
I doubt he's going to get some highly sensitive secrets of the royal family by going to his daughter's wedding bc he had a photographer take professional nice photos of him and he took money for them one time. I think if he was doing things just for money he would be doing a LOT of photos and doing them all the time. It was said he been harassed endlessly by the paparazzi and another daughter said that she suggested he do these professional shots for the wedding bc the paparazzi were endlessly trying to get bad shots of him, etc. It's his daughter's wedding, he just had a heart attack. Let your father walk you down the aisle at your wedding. I think it would have warmed herself more to the people and she could appear a social climber embarrassed of where she's from, dissing her own father a couple days before the wedding bc he's not perfect and "common". She's no Diana that's for sure, but we'll see. Just my opinion which we all have lol. Still not going to stop me from watching. I just feel a little different about her.

Her father sold pictures so he would look better but she's the social climber? Ok. :rotfl2:

I will be watching. I saw on the local news here that because Meghan's character, Rachel, picked The Plaza Hotel for her wedding on Suits, that The Plaza will have a special wedding watch that morning, compete with British tea breakfast for mere $150. :eek: :faint:

And the more down to earth, ex-pats restaurant, Tea & Sympathy, will also have a special British tea breakfast & watch. That place only seats about 30 people, so that will fill up quickly. :crowded::crowded::crowded:
You know, that's not really that outlandish when you compare it to some of the Disney special events lately (most recently the preview of Pixar Pier for a mere $299/head).

Yes. Let's not forget her deceased future mother in law was absolutely hounded by paparazzi and literally died while being chase by them. They even took pictures at the crash, pictures of her after that car crash.
And failed to render any aid.

I doubt he's going to get some highly sensitive secrets of the royal family by going to his daughter's wedding bc he had a photographer take professional nice photos of him and he took money for them one time. I think if he was doing things just for money he would be doing a LOT of photos and doing them all the time.

You are assuming quite a bit about him and what he will & will not do. What we DO know is that he ALREADY made ONE deal with paparazzi and sold some photos for money. That is an actual fact. He hasn't had access to the Royal family before to either talk about them or take photos. He will see and find out quite a lot on Saturday. Now that he is going again, I suspect everyone will have to be very careful about what they say & do in front of him - lest he "accidentally" leaks it out again.

It was said he been harassed endlessly by the paparazzi and another daughter said that she suggested he do these professional shots for the wedding bc the paparazzi were endlessly trying to get bad shots of him, etc.

Yeah, she looked so convincing saying that. Not! :rolleyes: She "fell on the sword for him." I do give her points for doing that for her dad. :thumbsup2

You know, that's not really that outlandish when you compare it to some of the Disney special events lately (most recently the preview of Pixar Pier for a mere $299/head).

I know. The Afternoon High Teas at The Plaza Hotel are famous (for a bit less.) And it would be lovely to go. :cloud9: But, I'm teaching a workshop and will probably miss the tail end of the wedding ceremony anyway, when they turn & walk out. <sigh!> So no real life tea parties for me on the wedding day.

Yes, improve his image bc the paparazzi were relentlessly harassing him with embarrassing photos. Just human. Would you do that to your father? And I put this same thing on here about his daughter already.

Last edited:
The father selling photos, the half-sister appearing all over British tv and the half-brother penning two (two!) open letters to Prince Harry and Megan (one letter urged Harry to dump her... This Markle family is a hot mess. If she is sincere in her love for Harry, then I feel for her. If she is spinning a web, then I hope she gets what she deserves.

Either way, I'm watching the wedding. It will not be the fairytale wedding that William and Kate had, but a Royal Wedding nonetheless.

I'm glad he's going but then they need to sit him and down and tell him the obviously the paparazzi is off limit and next time well there better be no next time.

Yes. Let's not forget her deceased future mother in law was absolutely hounded by paparazzi and literally died while being chase by them. They even took pictures at the crash, pictures of her after that car crash.

If you really want to leap to that stretch about how this has anything whatsoever to do with Diana, and no one has said it had, there was an investigation done and it was found by the French authorities that it was the Driver, who was intoxicated, that was to blame in 1999.
"Although the media blamed the behaviour of the paparazzi who followed the car, a French judicial investigation in 1999 found that the crash was caused by Henri Paul, who lost control of the Mercedes at high speed while he was intoxicated and under the effects of prescription drugs. Paul was the deputy head of security at the Hôtel Ritz at the time of the crash and had goaded the paparazzi waiting outside the hotel earlier.[1] His inebriation may have been made worse by anti-depressants and traces of an anti-psychotic in his body.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diana,_Princess_of_Wales

Last edited:
Yes, improve his image bc the paparazzi were relentlessly harassing him with embarrassing photos. Just human. Would you do that to your father? And I put this same thing on here about his daughter already.

He put his needs above hers. That's not the behavior of a loving father IMO. And where did you read that she uninvited him? Why are you blaming her that he temporarily said he wasn't going? I think it was more drama on his part to keep himself relevant.

What? I'm going to go out of this and not respond to the tags because I don't want to repeat the same things over and over and this is going waaay out there. lol o_O

Last edited:
Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?
I couldn't care less about it, well maybe a bit less since I did take the time to post here, but still... No.

Yes, improve his image bc the paparazzi were relentlessly harassing him with embarrassing photos. Just human.

If he wanted better pics, and I agree that part is human, fine. Everyone walking though the LAX airport and talking to the TMZ photographers would be "guilty" of doing that. The Kardashians just show up on the street anywhere to get pics taken - and YES, they make sure they look lovely in them. ;)

But he SOLD the pics. That is the part that's the unacceptable part, especially when one is dealing with the Royal family. They have non-disclosure agreements with all their staff, and Charles' & Andrew's ex-GFs and probably all of Will & Kate's friends. Apparently, the "Firm" hadn't had a chance to get to Meghan's father yet. And he already showed his hand, as to, YES he will SELL photos.

and the half-brother penning two (two!) open letters to Prince Harry and Megan (one letter urged Harry to dump her...

And he said in one, possibly both letters, how Meghan never gave her Dad any money after becoming famous from acting. WHY was that even an expectation? Sure, it would be nice and thoughtful if a child became rich and then took care of their parents. But, not all of them do. Meghan supposedly was not very close to her Dad. She allegedly hadn't even talked to him for a few years. And WHY was this even the half-brother's business? Sounds like a really dysfunctional family having a mess of boundary problems. :headache:

If you really want to leap to that stretch about how this has anything whatsoever to do with Diana, and no one has said it had, there was an investigation done and it was found by the French authorities that it was the Driver, who was intoxicated, that was to blame in 1999. Years later in 2008 the British inquest a jury returned the Driver and paparazzi resulted in her death. Diana was also not wearing a seat belt. If anything, I think this shows how Meghan's father was hounded himself as that is what they do, and maybe went along with one who was going to show him in a better light. Maybe not perfect but human. Not a reason to diss your own father. Glad he is going now.
"Although the media blamed the behaviour of the paparazzi who followed the car, a French judicial investigation in 1999 found that the crash was caused by Henri Paul, who lost control of the Mercedes at high speed while he was intoxicated and under the effects of prescription drugs. Paul was the deputy head of security at the Hôtel Ritz at the time of the crash and had goaded the paparazzi waiting outside the hotel earlier.[1] His inebriation may have been made worse by anti-depressants and traces of an anti-psychotic in his body.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Diana,_Princess_of_Wales

I have no idea what you are talking about with leaps and stretches. I don't really care either. Your posts make it sound as if you have some type of unhealthy interest in all of this. Its very weird and not something I will be engaging in again.

No, the situation is that he sold pics to the paparazzi for money. If he was willing to do that, who knows what info that he finds out on the Royal family or Meghan will he sell for money. He obviously can be bought. So, he has a price. This isn't the first story about him, Meghan & money. So, this is about his integrity.

Other famous celebrities have mentioned how family members & people they thought were good friends sold info to the paparazzi& tabloids. Oprah, for one. A cousin sold the story that she had a miscarriage when she was young. Mariah Carey's first husband used to take Mariah's family & friends cellphones when they came to visit her, so they couldn't sell any pics of her or any events they were at with her.

It's not like the odd member of the extended royal family hasn't sold photos to the press before....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ndall-sell-pictures-of-baby-Mia-to-Hello.html

The half-siblings are over the top, but I feel bad for her dad. He's not used to all this and, clearly, the stress of it is effecting his health.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/world/europe/meghan-markle-prince-harry-family.html

M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter