Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

Some tips she picked up at the Mayo clinic???:jester:
It might take more than advice to knock them off this stuff in favour or mayo:
121602d1430750281-british-treats-sobeys-2015-04-30.jpg

That's the thing. Lots of comments on the dis about how bad human rights are in the US. But then they watch and read about the British royals. Lots and lots of people died were tortured and had their property burned and stolen by these people descendants. All this to gain them land and riches, for their family. Some of which they still own.

Um, I don't think you can isolate the U.S. OR the British monarchy on that...that's pretty much the history of the entire world.

I may try to watch it. Sadly, I wanted to watch Will and Kate's but the tv wouldn't work that day, as luck would have it. I did watch Charles and Diana's as a child.

While I adore Diana's boys, I am NOT fond of Meghan Markle at ALL. I see her as nothing but a social climbing gold digger who manipulated her way into a jackpot. I do not see the marriage lasting either. She is too "I'm going to do it my way because Im a strong woman and a snowflake" to ever succumb to the rules of the Royal family. For Harry's sake, I hope I'm wrong.

I know everyone lashes out at Markle's family for saying mean things about her but lets face it.....there are several in her family who are speaking and saying the same things. Some of it HAS to be true. I mean, its fact that her dad DID file bankruptcy. Its fact that Markle was earning $450,000 per year from Suits. She couldn't help her dad out any at all? Serious? And the fact that she has been obsessed with becoming a Princess all her life? Yeah, this girl calculated her moves and it paid off. She'll pop a baby out within 15 months I'd bet.

I have this feeling about Meghan also but I just can't put my finger on why. It has nothing to do with her race or that she's American. I just have this funny feeling that she's more interested in royalty than Harry.

I know almost nothing about Markle but she seems happy.. and I’d like to see the pomp and circumstances of the affair.

I have this feeling about Meghan also but I just can't put my finger on why. It has nothing to do with her race or that she's American. I just have this funny feeling that she's more interested in royalty than Harry.
:confused3 Oh well, he's not particularly young or naive, does not seem to be making the decision under duress of any kind and has not lacked for endless numbers of other suitable companions over the years. If he's somehow managed to miss being played as a mark, let's leave him to it. princess: It occurs to me that the fairy-tale won't be quite as enchanting for Meghan as it has been for Kate, similar to the way Diana always eclipsed Sarah. She won't be the centre of attention for long and maybe will even settle into well-heeled obscurity like Sophie of Wessex.

I've never seen Suits, but I used to watch Deal Or No Deal when it was on. I just think it's cool that one of the women from that show is marrying into the British Royal Family. (Case #24) Seems like a Disney "When You Wish Upon A Star" kind of thing. :)

I hope Harry does not cheat on her. He sure sowed his wild oats.
The only hope I have for Harry is that he recognized his mental anguish and got help.
I really feel Harry and Megan will carry on with Diana's charitable work-if she starts acting like a spoiled princess-the tabloids will be so on top of her story-but if they start winning over the public with their works of charity-they will be loved.

As for Megan's family-that is why pro-athlete's go broke-family and friends feel they need to be compensated and given money. She does not owe her dad, half-brothers or sisters anything. She worked and it was her money and no one else.

Yes. Nice to see something like a Royal wedding with two people in love, a true fairy tale with Meghan Markle, instead of the usual negative things on TV. Watched Diana and Charles, she was well liked and loved even by many of us Americans. Sad that it became clear to the world that she might have been sad and lonely, but she was a humanitarian and beautiful person inside and out, thrust into a loveless marriage. I know I love a fairy tale Cinderella like wedding!

Last edited:
I just saw something that said that the father has been just uninvited bc he was involved with paparazzi and let them take photos of him preparing for the wedding, example going to get fitted for a suit, etc. Anyone else hear anything of this? Now I feel like that would be pretty petty and snobby. I'll still watch but that's not cool to uninvited him over that. I've personally never seen his photos and he said he never has done that before with the paparazzi and has been offered money before which he did not do, but thought a few photos of him beforehand of the wedding not so bad. I mean come give the guy a break. Whose decided for him not to attend. Unless it's a rumor?

I just saw something that said that the father has been just uninvited bc he was involved with paparazzi and let them take photos of him preparing for the wedding, example going to get fitted for a suit, etc. Anyone else hear anything of this? Now I feel like that would be pretty petty and snobby. I'll still watch but that's not cool to uninvited him over that. I've personally never seen his photos and he said he never has done that before with the paparazzi and has been offered money before which he did not do, but thought a few photos of him beforehand of the wedding not so bad. I mean come give the guy a break. Whose decided for him not to attend. Unless it's a rumor?
From what I saw on on TV it said he decide not to go he didn't want to farther hurt his daughter or the royal family.
Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money -- though nowhere near the reported $100k -- and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.

He admits the pics look "stupid and hammy." He says he was just going along with the paparazzi agency, which he now deeply regrets.

And, Thomas says, he suffered a heart attack 6 days ago but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding. He's now decided not to go because he doesn't want to embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter.

From what I saw on on TV it said he decide not to go he didn't want to farther hurt his daughter or the royal family.
Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money -- though nowhere near the reported $100k -- and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.

He admits the pics look "stupid and hammy." He says he was just going along with the paparazzi agency, which he now deeply regrets.

And, Thomas says, he suffered a heart attack 6 days ago but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding. He's now decided not to go because he doesn't want to embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter.

That is very sad. I hope he actually attends, this is a big deal to miss your daughter's Royal Wedding. I hope his daughter and future son-in-law convince him. Seems like he's being pushed out because he's not "upper class" enough and is embarrassing, and is taking the high road and not going. The thing I think I loved and I think many about Diana is she was down to earth and approachable, and this is not cool looks snobby even if it's being portrayed as his idea, come on.

That is very sad. I hope he actually attends, this is a big deal to miss your daughter's Royal Wedding. I hope his daughter and future son-in-law convince him. Seems like he's being pushed out because he's not "upper class" enough and is embarrassing, and is taking the high road and not going. The thing I think I loved and I think many about Diana is she was down to earth and approachable, and this is not cool looks snobby even if it's being portrayed as his idea, come on.
Let’s remember that his daughter’s future in-laws have a very justifiable poor view of the paparazzi.

Let’s remember that his daughter’s future in-laws have a very justifiable poor view of the paparazzi.

I saw them as down to earth and for the people the way Diana was. Remember seeing Diana cuddling malnourished and AIDS babies, she really was so down to earth and caring, not snobby in any way. The paparazzi is a way of life for the Royals, celebrities, etc. tho agree that I'm sure they don't much like them, they'll be there at the wedding that's for sure or when they want them, and to uninvited the father for such a small offense is awful, or if the father feels that way about himself that is sad and I hope the daughter steps up and son in law. He never talked to them before he said and I have never seen his photo, only the mother's. I don't know I just hope he's there.

I will be watching. I saw on the local news here that because Meghan's character, Rachel, picked The Plaza Hotel for her wedding on Suits, that The Plaza will have a special wedding watch that morning, compete with British tea breakfast for mere $150. :eek: :faint:

And the more down to earth, ex-pats restaurant, Tea & Sympathy, will also have a special British tea breakfast & watch. That place only seats about 30 people, so that will fill up quickly. :crowded::crowded::crowded:

It occurs to me that the fairy-tale won't be quite as enchanting for Meghan as it has been for Kate, similar to the way Diana always eclipsed Sarah. She won't be the centre of attention for long and maybe will even settle into well-heeled obscurity like Sophie of Wessex.

I think she'll manage to stay in the spotlight. It's on the tabloid news every outfit she wears. They are all about $1000 each outfit. :eek: Still, they manage to sell out, for whatever company she wears that day. She will always be a bit more adventurous in her wardrobe than Kate, who likes to be more frugal and re-wear many outfits. So, new outfits each day = new pics of Meghan each day.

I hope he actually attends, this is a big deal to miss your daughter's Royal Wedding. I hope his daughter and future son-in-law convince him. Seems like he's being pushed out because he's not "upper class" enough and is embarrassing, and is taking the high road and not going.

No, the situation is that he sold pics to the paparazzi for money. If he was willing to do that, who knows what info that he finds out on the Royal family or Meghan will he sell for money. He obviously can be bought. So, he has a price. This isn't the first story about him, Meghan & money. So, this is about his integrity.

Other famous celebrities have mentioned how family members & people they thought were good friends sold info to the paparazzi& tabloids. Oprah, for one. A cousin sold the story that she had a miscarriage when she was young. Mariah Carey's first husband used to take Mariah's family & friends cellphones when they came to visit her, so they couldn't sell any pics of her or any events they were at with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter