Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

:confused: Right in the Castle? That's not normal, is it? Don't royals usually marry in church?[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I meant in the chapel ... at Windsor Castle! :)

Also, for those asking why we care about this at all, at least this family is active in charity work and is currently and historically significant to their country. I can see a lot more reasons to follow the royal family than the Kardashians and a ton of people follow their family too....though that is one that doesn't interest me in the least.

I've made a plans to do a little tea watch party with my mother. I'm not sure what time it's on here so might up end dvring it and watching at a reasonable time.
It's weird for people who don't care about it to actually read a thread that's very obviously about the Royal wedding and then question why people like it. People like different things and that's ok.

I've made a plans to do a little tea watch party with my mother. I'm not sure what time it's on here so might up end dvring it and watching at a reasonable time.
It's weird for people who don't care about it to actually read a thread that's very obviously about the Royal wedding and then question why people like it. People like different things and that's ok.

Exactly the reason I put the topic the way I did in the title lol

Meh, some tv actress and one of Diana's boys. I guess neither you or I made the guest list. Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about covering our plate...:laughing:

I don't remember when Monaco's Royal Couple was married but the first thing I did when we arrived in Monte Carlo was bee-line it for the palace to see the changing of the guard. Prince Albert and one of his children stood on the step and waved - it was enchanting! :cloud9: His wife is stunningly beautiful; much more Disney-Princess'esque than Kate Middleton or Megan Markle.

:confused: Right in the Castle? That's not normal, is it? Don't royals usually marry in church?

Meaghan was married before so no big Church wedding.

Just realized that I was at WDW for William and Kate's wedding and will be at WDW for Harry and Meaghan's wedding too.

140f13a.png

They are getting married in a chapel that is part of Windsor Castle. It is the same location where Harry’s uncle and aunt, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, were married and where his father, the Prince of Wales, and his second wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, had a marriage blessing performed.

It is a church wedding. The fact that it is smaller has nothing to do with the divorced status of the bride. It is smaller because Prince Harry is not the heir to the heir. He is now 6th in line to the throne.

I am a huge royal watcher of monarchies all over the world. I can recommend some great blogs that blend royal watching, fashion and jewelry as well as highlight the charitable work that many royals do.

And to answer the OP’s question: YES!

Edited to fix my counting mistake. Thanks Kimblebee!

Last edited:
They are getting married in a chapel that is part of Windsor Castle. It is the same location where Harry’s uncle and aunt, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, were married and where his father, the Prince of Wales, and his second wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, had a marriage blessing performed.

It is a church wedding. The fact that it is smaller has nothing to do with the divorced status of the bride. It is smaller because Prince Harry is not the heir to the heir. He is now 5th in line to the throne.

Isn’t he 6th in line?

Charles
William
George
Charlotte
Louie
Harry

Also, for those asking why we care about this at all, at least this family is active in charity work and is currently and historically significant to their country. I can see a lot more reasons to follow the royal family than the Kardashians and a ton of people follow their family too....though that is one that doesn't interest me in the least.

:worship:

Yes- we will be on a plane at the time so will watch it the next day.
Kids and I will do high tea while we watch

Yes, it's a planned "girl date" with my 14 year old daughter and her 3 best friends. She's having a sleepover, and we're getting up early to watch. I'm making my fancy French toast bake that I only make for holidays, and they'll drink tea (me coffee) while we watch.

Prince Henry was my daughter's first crush at about 6 years old. She liked him & a little red-haired boy she went to school with.:-)

Speaking as a Brit, there's no way on earth I'm watching that nonsense. Fairy tale royalty is fine, but actually putting one family on a pedestal and claiming everyone else in that count is their "subject" has never sat well with me. America had the right idea in the 18th century, I'm not too sure why you love it now.

Also, those who justify them by saying "they do charity work", set me up with unlimited funds, a few rent-free castles complete with huge estates and unlimited time on my hands and I'd do charity work as well. It's not quite so meaningful when it's not your own money and your time isn't particularly valuable.

Speaking as a Brit, there's no way on earth I'm watching that nonsense. Fairy tale royalty is fine, but actually putting one family on a pedestal and claiming everyone else in that count is their "subject" has never sat well with me. America had the right idea in the 18th century, I'm not too sure why you love it now.

Also, those who justify them by saying "they do charity work", set me up with unlimited funds, a few rent-free castles complete with huge estates and unlimited time on my hands and I'd do charity work as well. It's not quite so meaningful when it's not your own money and your time isn't particularly valuable.
You know, the funny part is that, despite my own fascination with the Royals, and despite my own desire to watch, I completely agree with what you're saying. I think it helps knowing that we ditched them 242 years ago. ;)

It is a church wedding. The fact that it is smaller has nothing to do with the divorced status of the bride. It is smaller because Prince Harry is not the heir to the heir. He is now 6th in line to the throne.

I am a huge royal watcher of monarchies all over the world. I can recommend some great blogs that blend royal watching, fashion and jewelry as well as highlight the charitable work that many royals do.

And to answer the OP’s question: YES!

Edited to fix my counting mistake. Thanks Kimblebee!

Oh please, oh please send me the links! I DVR'ed it because I didn't have time to figure out if I was working or not. I'm also recording the W channel (I'm guessing Hallmark channel for my southern neighbours) fictionalized movie about Harry and Meghan. I remember watching William and Kate's wedding along with their fictionalized movie too. They also did a rebroadcast of Charles and Diana's wedding which was neat to see!

I would call 800 guests in the Chapel at Windsor a big church wedding! I looked it up to see how many it held because I remember it being very large when I was there. The other princess (dd of Sarah and Andrew) is getting married there too.

I have not "watched" any of the royal weddings, but I don't look away from all the media coverage so I see enough to consider myself to have seen them. If you follow any mainstream media you see them.

I have never wanted to be a princess. Why be a princess when you can be a queen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter