Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

I won't be watching, I don't believe in the idea of 'royalty'. It will be hard to avoid news coverage however. I think they seem like a nice couple and hope they succeed at marriage.

I believe Andrew and Sarah are still living together.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2401660/Prince-Andrew-Sarah--Duchess-York-reunite.html

My understanding is that she will NOT become a princess.
She will become a princess but will be most likely be called “ her royal highness duchess of ******” whatever lol she won’t be referred to as “ princess “

I will record it and watch it later. I did get up early to watch Charles & Diana's wedding, and saw Fergie's too, but for some reason I don't remember watching William and Kate's wedding, maybe I did and forgot, I don't know. I love watching royal weddings. :)

Have no plans to watch. To each their own but I have never understood why this would interest any American. British I can kind of understand but not Americans.
Fascination with princesses is not just British, it is ingrained into many American little girls from an early age. Disney is probably the biggest cause. Look how many little girls spend hundreds of dollars in a Disney salon to get dolled up like a princess. Or just the little girls in their princess dresses. Dreaming about being a mythical princess is probably more American than in countries that actually have monarchies. Just my observation, but I don't see as many British adult women dressing as Cinderella, wanting to take pictures with the Disney princesses. Watching a commoner become a princess is watching Cinderella in real life.

Have no plans to watch. To each their own but I have never understood why this would interest any American. British I can kind of understand but not Americans.

Nobody seems to care or even be aware when royalty of countries other than the UK get married. But millions of Americans go gaga over British royalty. :confused3

No, I'm not going to watch. I'm sure I'll see photos posted on the internet.

Besides, I saw Meghan Markle get married a week or two ago on the show "Suits."

Nobody seems to care or even be aware when royalty of countries other than the UK get married. But millions of Americans go gaga over British royalty. :confused3

No, I'm not going to watch. I'm sure I'll see photos posted on the internet.

Besides, I saw Meghan Markle get married a week or two ago on the show "Suits."
I think a lot of us grew up on the tabloid coverage of Charles and Diana.

Nope. Not watching and don't care.

More important things to worry about.

The royals are to humans and the media as squirrels are to dogs.

So what are we going to do about.....princess!! princess!!!

I like to watch stuff like this for the fashion. Gotta check out the fascinators.

I think a lot of us grew up on the tabloid coverage of Charles and Diana.

Perhaps. I really can't recall what the coverage was like back then. No internet, of course, but I'm sure those TV entertainment roundup shows had plenty of coverage.

William and Kate got married on a Friday. There were a few women in my office who took the day off specifically to watch their wedding.

Perhaps. I really can't recall what the coverage was like back then. No internet, of course, but I'm sure those TV entertainment roundup shows had plenty of coverage.

William and Kate got married on a Friday. There were a few women in my office who took the day off specifically to watch their wedding.

I had not long been married myself when Charles and Diana married and was excited to watch their wedding. But seems like it was pretty much on all day. I know I watched it in the morning. Maybe like the Today show or something?

I was always fascinated with Diana. And to be quite honest, did not know a single thing about the Royals before that wedding. I mean I knew they existed but just didn't know anything about them.
And then it was Fergie and Andrew. I liked Andrew so much more than Charles and Fergie just seemed to have more backbone than Diana. I was sad to see them part ways and would be happy to see them get back together.

As for this wedding, I probably will.

Fascination with princesses is not just British, it is ingrained into many American little girls from an early age. Disney is probably the biggest cause. Look how many little girls spend hundreds of dollars in a Disney salon to get dolled up like a princess. Or just the little girls in their princess dresses. Dreaming about being a mythical princess is probably more American than in countries that actually have monarchies. Just my observation, but I don't see as many British adult women dressing as Cinderella, wanting to take pictures with the Disney princesses. Watching a commoner become a princess is watching Cinderella in real life.

Said perfectly... we may not have royalty here but people sure love Disney princesses... these are real life princesses.. most little girls growing up at some point say they want to be a princess :)

I worked in a book store when Charles and Diana were married and we had an entire table covered with books about the wedding. It was hard to miss.

I am such a loser. Not only do I have plans to watch, I already bought a fascinator! Mine was only $7.00 so I doubt anyone will be wearing one like mine at the wedding. I also saw the Suits wedding a few weeks ago, but I think this one will be a little fancier than that one was. I don’t think I have missed a televised royal wedding yet.

I am not as bad as the Patricia Heaton character on The Middle, she use to buy the souvenirs. It must be an Indiana thing because the show is set in Indiana! I am going to make some tea sandwiches and maybe a Victoria Sandwich. I have a few recipes, all I need now is a fancy tea cup!

I am such a loser. Not only do I have plans to watch, I already bought a fascinator! Mine was only $7.00 so I doubt anyone will be wearing one like mine at the wedding. I also saw the Suits wedding a few weeks ago, but I think this one will be a little fancier than that one was. I don’t think I have missed a televised royal wedding yet.

I am not as bad as the Patricia Heaton character on The Middle, she use to buy the souvenirs. It must be an Indiana thing because the show is set in Indiana! I am going to make some tea sandwiches and maybe a Victoria Sandwich. I have a few recipes, all I need now is a fancy tea cup!
I'm looking forward to watching the new Middle episode as much as the wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter