Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

I watched Princess Diana get married when I was a little girl, and excitedly watched Will and Catherine's wedding with my own little girls.

But I won't be watching this time. I'm not at all a fan of Meghan Markle's.

Why?

Yes I will be watching! I'm in the UK. I think the TV coverage starts around 9.30 until 3pm. We have a whole day of parking ourselves in front of the TV with some lovely buffet food planned!
I can't wait to see who will be wearing what ... especially Beatrice and Eugenie ... their choice of outfits for the last royal wedding was questionable at best!

It is rumoured that Harry will be made a Duke of some sort on the morning of his wedding ... maybe Duke of Sussex, so Meghan will become the Duchess of ...

Also those mentioning Fergie and Andrew ... their daughter is to be married at Windsor Castle in October. It won't be such a high profile affair though, I shouldn't think.

I'm looking forward to watching the new Middle episode as much as the wedding!
I made the recipe for the wedding cake ( lemon elderflower) it is soooo yummy !!! Had to look all over for the elderflower cordial but found it .. did a lemon curd filling also :) I would post a photo but it’s telling me the file is to big ...I have my tea cup though hahahaha

My royal wedding watching dates back to Charles and Diana, before VCRs or DVRs when you had to set an alarm for the dead of the night.

This is almost too easy! I'm in. Just not live.

VCRs were available in 1981 when Charles and Diana got married. Granted, they were not yet common. My brother bought one about 1980 and I think it cost about $800. I think I bought my first one about 1985 for about $350.

No, I have no plans to watch. I'll probably see some snippets on TV later. I'll be glad when it's over and all those internet articles about them cease. (Or at least lessen considerably.)

Yes I will be watching! I'm in the UK. I think the TV coverage starts around 9.30 until 3pm. We have a whole day of parking ourselves in front of the TV with some lovely buffet food planned!
I can't wait to see who will be wearing what ... especially Beatrice and Eugenie ... their choice of outfits for the last royal wedding was questionable at best!

It is rumoured that Harry will be made a Duke of some sort on the morning of his wedding ... maybe Duke of Sussex, so Meghan will become the Duchess of ...

Also those mentioning Fergie and Andrew ... their daughter is to be married at Windsor Castle in October. It won't be such a high profile affair though, I shouldn't think.

Yes , I think they are saying probably Sussex .. I think it’s funny it’s “ princess Harry

Why not?? It was a “ fun thread “ really not life changing .. if “ why “ just keep scrolling really ... obviously you like Disney .. do you ask why little girls AND grown women love the princesses ?

Yes , I think they are saying probably Sussex .. I think it’s funny it’s “ princess Harry

Why not?? It was a “ fun thread “ really not life changing .. if “ why “ just keep scrolling really ... obviously you like Disney .. do you ask why little girls AND grown women love the princesses ?
Two different things. One is make believe one is not. The one that is not doesnt have a real good record of human rights over the centuries.

Two different things. One is make believe one is not. The one that is not doesnt have a real good record of human rights over the centuries.

Yeh well I’m a proud American and have to say our own country has not had a great record of human rights either ... I don’t think being entertained by a weddding supports a countries history on anything other then a pretty wedding .
I watched and enjoyed a lovely wedding on castaway cay from a distance.. I didn’t ask myself “ are these good people ?” I enjoyed the pretty wedding ..

Yeh well I’m a proud American and have to say our own country has not had a great record of human rights either ... I don’t think being entertained by a weddding supports a countries history on anything other then a pretty wedding .
I watched and enjoyed a lovely wedding on castaway cay from a distance.. I didn’t ask myself “ are these good people ?” I enjoyed the pretty wedding ..
That's the thing. Lots of comments on the dis about how bad human rights are in the US. But then they watch and read about the British royals. Lots and lots of people died were tortured and had their property burned and stolen by these people descendants. All this to gain them land and riches, for their family. Some of which they still own.

That's the thing. Lots of comments on the dis about how bad human rights are in the US. But then they watch and read about the British royals. Lots and lots of people died were tortured and had their property burned and stolen by these people descendants. All this to gain them land and riches, for their family. Some of which they still own.

Find a country that has never had those issues.. you won’t .. I’m not at all involved in their country issues .. doesn’t stop me from enjoying a nice wedding just like I enjoy the fireworks on the 4th of July ..and well aware of our countries and other countries human rights histories that were less then stellar ...
I’m also a girly girl that loves a good royal wedding .

Last edited:
Psst..Hey Annette...it's me, I'm under the bigger rock right next to you. I not 100% certain who is getting married.:confused3
Meh, some tv actress and one of Diana's boys. I guess neither you or I made the guest list. Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about covering our plate...:laughing:
Nobody seems to care or even be aware when royalty of countries other than the UK get married. But millions of Americans go gaga over British royalty. :confused3

No, I'm not going to watch. I'm sure I'll see photos posted on the internet.

Besides, I saw Meghan Markle get married a week or two ago on the show "Suits."
I don't remember when Monaco's Royal Couple was married but the first thing I did when we arrived in Monte Carlo was bee-line it for the palace to see the changing of the guard. Prince Albert and one of his children stood on the step and waved - it was enchanting! :cloud9: His wife is stunningly beautiful; much more Disney-Princess'esque than Kate Middleton or Megan Markle.
Wedding-of-Prince-Albert-of-Monaco-4.jpg

...Also those mentioning Fergie and Andrew ... their daughter is to be married at Windsor Castle in October. It won't be such a high profile affair though, I shouldn't think.
:confused: Right in the Castle? That's not normal, is it? Don't royals usually marry in church?

Sounds oddly familiar to the American Indians .. I still enjoy a good thanksgiving dinner by the way .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter