Amazing Race

With the double episodes I believe it puts this season ending Dec 16, which makes sense. I DVR and watch when it's convenient for me anyway, as I'm sure many others do. I can understand CBS not wanting to air the final episode 2 days before Christmas though.

Big Brother is my least favorite of the options you listed but it's easy enough to film even with continually changing quarantine / lockdown restrictions. Although per Variety, another season of BB isn't scheduled until summer 2021.
Right, but they could have dragged this out through February if they wanted. I feel like they’d draw more people watching this then putting reruns of another show on in the same time slot. Usually they rush the fall show to end in December because Survivor normally starts in January, but they don’t have that option this season. Just very puzzling. I’d rather have it stretched out to know I’d have something to watch through winter. I too don’t like Big Brother, so they’ll lose me as a viewer if that’s what they choose.

Mega Leg, Mega Leg, Mega Leg. How many times are the players required to say this phrase, lol. Honorable mention goes to the Mind 5. I'm glad the volleyball players won this one, was getting tired of the other team always winning. I'm not a fan of these two hour long episodes either. I don't have cable anymore, so no more dvr. I have to watch them live and sit through all the commercials. Maybe I'm getting burned out on the amazing race, this season is just boring to me.

Another 2 episodes tonight. Not sure why CBS is rushing through this season. They aren’t even filming Survivor yet, they don’t have another season of Amazing Race filmed (remember this one was filmed in 2018). Why rush through when you’ll then have nothing to air on Wednesday nights? Unless they’re going to do an extra Big Brother?

I'm blaming COVID19 for all things undesired. :(

I now can’t stand the volleyball players they are acting a lot like the boyfriends.
I liked them a lot after tonight. Can’t keep helping everyone every leg. DeAngelo and Gary haven’t helped anyone this entire race, yet DeAngelo especially expects everyone to help them. I really don’t like the football players.

I liked them a lot after tonight. Can’t keep helping everyone every leg. DeAngelo and Gary haven’t helped anyone this entire race, yet DeAngelo especially expects everyone to help them. I really don’t like the football players.

Actually, that's not true. Gary explained how to place the guys on the turban challenge and DeAngelo pointed out the letters in the rappelling challenge. The one team that has done little to help the others is the boyfriends.

Yeah I'm not sure what narrative they're going for here. Likely that Hung helps them once too often and it costs her.

Meanwhile Eswar and Aparna are allegedly part of the alliance, yet we've rarely seen them partake in any alliance-type stuff.

I actually thought that they were going to five-hole the binary code, but they seemed to blow through that part.

I think the others in the alliance are exaggerating D'Angelo and Gary's helpfulness because they are getting to the nitty gritty now and D & G are probably the biggest physical threat. They will need to band together to get them out. The Volleyball brothers will also be someone I'm sure the weaker teams of the alliance will target too if they can't target D&G.

They were saying they were in an alliance because they all get along, so I don't know if they'll target the volleyball brothers at all. I think it was stupid to do that to the blondes, though. As things are down to the wire, surely they can see who their competition will be.

I don't think it's that dumb, to be honest. Remember, the goal of every leg (except the last one) is to not finish last. In the current era of travel equalization, it doesn't matter if you're second or next-to-last - everyone ends up starting at the same position in the next country anyway.

What this means, then, is that you try to take out a strong team if you think you can do it, but make sure that what you do is an attempt to advance YOUR team to the next leg. So Will & James U-Turning Leo & Alana in Brazil wasn't a smart decision, because they were in no danger of elimination and I don't think that there was much chance that Leo & Alana were going to get eliminated.

Now the girls Yielding Leo & Alana made sense because they were the last two teams, and it made sense to try and keep whatever lead they had.

Similarly, the Mine 5 knew that the girls were behind, so using multiple Yields on them helped to ensure that they stayed there.

Incidentally, I've been trying to pay attention, and I don't think there has been one mention of DeAngelo and Gary "not needing the money", which makes me think that they've told the other teams that their winnings would go to their charities or something to that effect.

What have Gary and DeAngelo had available to give the other teams in terms of help? I mean, the other members of the Alliance are saying that they “take, take, take”, but it honestly seems like Gary & DeAngelo are really never in a position where they figure out things first and can pass on information ...

What have Gary and DeAngelo had available to give the other teams in terms of help? I mean, the other members of the Alliance are saying that they “take, take, take”, but it honestly seems like Gary & DeAngelo are really never in a position where they figure out things first and can pass on information ...
We saw Gary help out James in the AR task. He effectively spelled out how to do the placement.

I'm guessing that there are other incidents, but it doesn't really drive the narrative. They are going for a story here, but the pieces don't entirely fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter