Amazing Race

Like someone else, it said it recorded the Paris one last week which obviously did not air. My DVR is set to record new episodes only so I thankfully remembered at 8:04 to check to make sure it was recording and it wasn't.

I am also baffled by spending 6+ hours in a car driving around. I know it's easier to say what you would do differently from the comfort of your own chair but I can guarantee you I would be doing something different (anything different! at least rethinking my strategy!) after 30 minutes let alone 6 hours and 30 minutes.

Read the clue and make sure someone, preferably both people, can drive a manual transmission. Just basic AR skills.

Hey, that roundabout surrounding the Arc de Triomphe is hard to get out of.

We'll have to find out why 6.5 hours. If I were to guess, that 1 hour drive from Chantilly took a lot longer than 1 hour, thanks to some navigation issues.

From a personal standpoint, I have spent a lot of time trying to find clients in unfamiliar areas, because their offices were not clearly marked. Not 6.5 hours, but definitely a good 45 minutes. Also doesn't help when your PM is in said office and doesn't pick up his phone when you call him repeatedly.
I kept thinking the same thing. They were basically the Griswolds circling saying they can’t get left.

Do not like the “boyfriends” at all. Watching them instigate the blondes yielding the last time was such a turn off. I wish everyone would just okay their own game, I really hate this whole alliance mindset. Giving other teams answers and whatnot is ruining the face. Hung was so stupid and it cost her $15,000. As we see in the previews, she still didn’t learn her lesson as she shared more information in the next show.

Do not like the “boyfriends” at all. Watching them instigate the blondes yielding the last time was such a turn off. I wish everyone would just okay their own game, I really hate this whole alliance mindset. Giving other teams answers and whatnot is ruining the face. Hung was so stupid and it cost her $15,000. As we see in the previews, she still didn’t learn her lesson as she shared more information in the next show.

Hung is too nice. I hope she gets tough and SOON.

i wonder how the sisters feel today after seeing how they were manipulated by 2 teams of an alliance they were not part of. It turns out that it wasn’t even necessary since two teams came behind them.

As for Hung losing $15,000, I don’t think they are paid at each pit stop. I think the $15,000 is for the 3rd place team at the end.

i wonder how the sisters feel today after seeing how they were manipulated by 2 teams of an alliance they were not part of. It turns out that it wasn’t even necessary since two teams came behind them.

As for Hung losing $15,000, I don’t think they are paid at each pit stop. I think the $15,000 is for the 3rd place team at the end.
The winners typically get a trip or cash. Last night, they got $15,000 to split for the winning place. That's why Hung and Chee lost $15,000.

I agree about Will and James - for them to take time away from a task to convince the blondes into using the yield seemed so pointless - it had no effect on them but it suddenly was oh so important. I think they didn't want to be the only team that yielded someone - it was to make them look better.

And Hung costing them the 1st place in that leg must have really hurt - add in the fact that it's unlikely that the $7,500 a piece really even meant that much to the NFL players. I doubt they're doing the race for the prize money.

I have a slightly different take on Hung and Chee. I think she's genuinely a nice person, and in the moment, is thinking with her "nice" persona, not a "race" persona. Then she kicks herself afterwards, because as the race carries on, there are fewer and fewer teams, and minutes matter more than they do in leg 1.

OTOH, while I think she was kicking herself, that this could bite them in the butt, it could also potentially help them. If the team they helped reciprocates at the right moment, it could mean the difference between last and second to last. I don't think they would have been first, regardless (second maybe, and it can be tough to tell with editing).

Not sorry to see the last team leave, I found them annoying.

So glad I found this thread!

The thing with Hung and D'Angelo, he did help her by telling her she had to look for letters. I'm going to guess she wouldn't have noticed them or paid attention to them otherwise, as we saw anyone who didn't know had to do it again. What she should have done is maybe yell it up to him and not wait there. Yes, other teams would have heard, but they were helping each other any way.

So glad I found this thread!

The thing with Hung and D'Angelo, he did help her by telling her she had to look for letters. I'm going to guess she wouldn't have noticed them or paid attention to them otherwise, as we saw anyone who didn't know had to do it again. What she should have done is maybe yell it up to him and not wait there. Yes, other teams would have heard, but they were helping each other any way.

ITA - nobody who went down the building the first time without a hint to look at the letters knew they should be looking for anything. Waiting around for the others to finish was not smart, however.

I guess I am opposite of most people on here. I like the boyfriends, I think they are actually playing the game. I hate when people don't use the Uturns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter