• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Race

This is so weird thought it was supposed to be 2 hours and something else is now on at 9 pm.

Mine taped the two hours, but I think the second hour was something else. Was saving it for tomorrow night.

There's just so little on right now.... but Curse of Oak Island is back next week and the next season of The Crown drops on the 15th. Yay.

Mine taped the two hours, but I think the second hour was something else. Was saving it for tomorrow night.

There's just so little on right now.... but Curse of Oak Island is back next week and the next season of The Crown drops on the 15th. Yay.

They put S.W.A.T. On in the second hour. They made way for special election coverage.

What was with the Alexa play by play? I just found that really strange and honestly didn't like it!

So glad they are gone. I have a bad feeling the other obnoxious team will stick around for a while. I love everything they had to do looked like so much fun but I probably would have sucked at the games.

Definitely, the challenges seemed interesting and fun this week--not just brute strength, but a good way to scramble the teams.

I could really feel for the preview of someone (Asian mom?) freaking out while rappelling--this is why I don't do Amazing Race. I told DH, if there was bungee jumping, he'd have to knock me out and push me--I'd forgive him later.

So glad they are gone. I have a bad feeling the other obnoxious team will stick around for a while. I love everything they had to do looked like so much fun but I probably would have sucked at the games.
I'd been waiting to see a driving leg and which teams would get tripped up with a) driving standard and b) directions.

I didn't dislike the girls (really there aren't many unlikable teams that get cast in general) but their need to rush through everything cost them in terms of navigation I think.

Joining in. How on Earth did they not find the arcade place? Didn’t they get directions twice? They were in Paris, it’s not like they were in the middle of nowhere.

I think it was because the clue tells them to find a museum, and I think the girls were probably looking for something that, in their mind, fit the description of "a museum".

I mean, looking at this place, it just seems like a warehouse/storage facility. If you're rushing/tired/not paying attention, one could presume that it's "not a museum" and keep going past it.

So I could buy in to the idea that they were in the area, looking, but not REALLY looking. A slight inattention to detail that cost them a lot of time, and ultimately led to their elimination.

They're doing an interview with Rob Cesternino sometimes this week, and I guess we'll see what they recall from Paris 2018

I think it was because the clue tells them to find a museum, and I think the girls were probably looking for something that, in their mind, fit the description of "a museum".

I mean, looking at this place, it just seems like a warehouse/storage facility. If you're rushing/tired/not paying attention, one could presume that it's "not a museum" and keep going past it.

View attachment 538004

So I could buy in to the idea that they were in the area, looking, but not REALLY looking. A slight inattention to detail that cost them a lot of time, and ultimately led to their elimination.

but 6.5 hours?

but 6.5 hours?
Hey, that roundabout surrounding the Arc de Triomphe is hard to get out of.

We'll have to find out why 6.5 hours. If I were to guess, that 1 hour drive from Chantilly took a lot longer than 1 hour, thanks to some navigation issues.

From a personal standpoint, I have spent a lot of time trying to find clients in unfamiliar areas, because their offices were not clearly marked. Not 6.5 hours, but definitely a good 45 minutes. Also doesn't help when your PM is in said office and doesn't pick up his phone when you call him repeatedly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter