• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing Race

What have Gary and DeAngelo had available to give the other teams in terms of help? I mean, the other members of the Alliance are saying that they “take, take, take”, but it honestly seems like Gary & DeAngelo are really never in a position where they figure out things first and can pass on information ...
We saw Gary help out James in the AR task. He effectively spelled out how to do the placement.

I'm guessing that there are other incidents, but it doesn't really drive the narrative. They are going for a story here, but the pieces don't entirely fit.

Yep, plus D'Angelo told Hung that she need to look at the letters and unscramble them, doubt she would have noticed them without that info from him.

We saw Gary help out James in the AR task. He effectively spelled out how to do the placement.

I'm guessing that there are other incidents, but it doesn't really drive the narrative. They are going for a story here, but the pieces don't entirely fit.

I forgot about that ... so when they could help, they did. I just don’t like how they are making Gary and DeAngelo out to be the bad guys. I like them quite a bit. But it does make a good story, I guess.

I forgot about that ... so when they could help, they did. I just don’t like how they are making Gary and DeAngelo out to be the bad guys. I like them quite a bit. But it does make a good story, I guess.
Unfortunately that’s the reality show MO. Edit things to make villains and heroes of people. Probably easier to do with DeAngelo as he usually embraces that villain role in real life.

Probably easier to do with DeAngelo as he usually embraces that villain role in real life.

And as an opposite to DeAngelo, Gary, in real life, can be a seen as the hero. He played here in Cleveland and was always giving away stuff. Whether it was taking a group of strangers to the movies to even buy a vacation for someone. And if I remember correctly her did a lot of charity work in the area while he was here.

Unfortunately that’s the reality show MO. Edit things to make villains and heroes of people. Probably easier to do with DeAngelo as he usually embraces that villain role in real life.
The funny thing is that the boyfriends are the ones acting the most "villainous". And even then, it's low level villainy.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why she was so upset with Gary and Deangelo. A U-Turn is part of the game.

If I was really going to be angry with someone then I would be angry with Riley & Madison. They obviously got there second and still chose to U-Turn the one team that was ineligible. They are the ones who made a conscious and deliberate decision to convert the double u-turn into a single and didn’t gain anything by doing so. Gary and Deangelo obviously gained something by it.

I don’t understand why she was so upset with Gary and Deangelo. A U-Turn is part of the game.

If I was really going to be angry with someone then I would be angry with Riley & Madison. They obviously got there second and still chose to U-Turn the one team that was ineligible. They are the ones who made a conscious and deliberate decision to convert the double u-turn into a single and didn’t gain anything by doing so. Gary and Deangelo obviously gained something by it.

ITA - Gary and D'Angelo did the obvious play, choosing the team that was in last. Riley and Madison were the ones that ensured that they were the only team U-turned, thus pretty well screwing them.

Sitting and taunting D'Angelo while he was doing the task was pretty crappy of Aparna.

And I'm so annoyed at the boyfriends for continually going on about how nobody got to U-Turn Gary and D'Angelo. Get over it, you two.

Yeah definitely didn’t like the look of her taunting and yelling at DeAngelo as he was doing the task. Most road blocks the half of the team that isn’t doing the task isn’t even near the other half, so it was unfair that he had to deal with that while he was having to concentrate on his task. They should have had the non participating contestants in a different area and she could have then vented her frustrations to Gary and left DeAngelo alone.

ITA - Gary and D'Angelo did the obvious play, choosing the team that was in last. Riley and Madison were the ones that ensured that they were the only team U-turned, thus pretty well screwing them.

Sitting and taunting D'Angelo while he was doing the task was pretty crappy of Aparna.

And I'm so annoyed at the boyfriends for continually going on about how nobody got to U-Turn Gary and D'Angelo. Get over it, you two.
Taunting D got him fired up... in a competitive way. Trash talking an ex NFL player? 🤣

I was really surprised that Deangelo didn’t think oh hey if I was baking a cake I would need to apply a non stick agent first. :thumbsup2

I don't love the teams that are left. I guess I hope that Hung/Chee win, they seem the least offensive.

Not a fan of D'Angelo but I think Gary seems nice.

I am also a fan of Hung and Chee...they seem really nice and pleasant and don't seem like they are out to go after anyone (not yet anyway!) and they are just focused on their own race. Love when Chee was having struggles and Hung told him that she loved him!

I liked the siblings. I thought that what we heard from the sister was pretty reasonable--she was upset in the moment, I would have been, too. She really didn't have time to process their situation. Throw in the fact that she's probably hungry and exhausted on top of the U-turn, and I totally get where she's coming from. Now, if she's still bitter and crabby today--then, she has a problem.

I hope the boyfriends go home next, They get on my last nerve. Routing for Hung and Chee.

But they didn't KNOW who was last. Just that they were last on their task. Since no one had already been U-Turned it would have been safe to assume that the other stronger teams were still behind them. This was a chance for them to pick off one of the stronger teams and they blew it. Given how dark it was when Arpara and Eswar arrived on the mat, I think that there was a lot of editing involved in making it seem that the two teams were closer than they actually were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter