2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently at BC for our 7th and final night. We are staying CL -- love the new lounge and refurbed rooms! I will post pictures of our room when I get back home. our daybed has been wonderful but we truly missed having a balcony. Pool has been great -- always chairs available when we are there. Bus service is spotty no matter where you stay, but this trip has been pretty bad unfortunately. We have had to both wait forever and also stand every time. Easter week is usually busy, but with breaks now scattered all over March and April, we've found actual easter week to be not as crowded as in the past. Room pictures will be coming in a few days!

Looking forward to pictures

So DH and I were talking before kids got home from school today about our plans (been stalking the Star Wars thread all day as celebrities finally announced!) and I think it just dawned on the poor man where we are staying for SWW-and how convenient it is going to be! We have never stayed on site before so this may spoil us with convenience-and it also dawned on us that this is the last time we will have at least one child 9yo or less and all 3 kids under 18...Disney trips will only cost more after this year. Good thing I really pushed for the trip this year and not next -right :scratchin? 2 days until online check in for BC!!:woohoo:

So DH and I were talking before kids got home from school today about our plans (been stalking the Star Wars thread all day as celebrities finally announced!) and I think it just dawned on the poor man where we are staying for SWW-and how convenient it is going to be! We have never stayed on site before so this may spoil us with convenience-and it also dawned on us that this is the last time we will have at least one child 9yo or less and all 3 kids under 18...Disney trips will only cost more after this year. Good thing I really pushed for the trip this year and not next -right :scratchin? 2 days until online check in for BC!!:woohoo:
I would say that it was great planning. :)
And then there is the pool, too. ;)

We arrive at BC CL 6 weeks from today. Really looking forward to family Disney time to celebrate my big birthday! :jumping1:

Happy Easter to all! I have so many fond memories of Disney Easter trips with our boys when they were younger. :goodvibes

Rebecca

I am starting to think about room requests at YC. We have booked a GV. When reading the info on page 1 of this thread about the rooms and views I read this : "Almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have a full balcony. A few rooms have extra large balconies that may be shared with another room". One of the reasons we booked the YC rather than the BC is for the balcony - we do use it a lot and it is important to us. Should I therefore put "full private balcony" as my first request? I wasn't banking on having to request anything relating to that but I would hate to get a juliet or share with someone! The only other things we are really bothered about is a good view (whatever that is!) and it being reasonably peaceful, :) We are happy to be a distance away from anything and everything. Should we just put those words as our second request or be more specific and ask for wedding gazebo view or something? I wouldn't want to put that and jeapordise a potential upgrade to a lagoon view or something.

Hi Friends ... Jeanne and I are back from our mother/daughter Disney Fantasy cruise. It was wonderful. She heads back home tomorrow and tomorrow I head back to the BC for work. Can't wait to visit with all the Disers there over Easter!!!! Jeanne just sent Dee a load of pics and I'm sure she will post a few later. Jeanne looks and acts totally rested. She also ran (not once did she break to a walk) the 5K on Castaway Cay and then didn't want to wait for the tram to the adult beach so ran to it ... turned into her running a 6K. So proud of her!!

I am starting to think about room requests at YC. We have booked a GV. When reading the info on page 1 of this thread about the rooms and views I read this : "Almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have a full balcony. A few rooms have extra large balconies that may be shared with another room". One of the reasons we booked the YC rather than the BC is for the balcony - we do use it a lot and it is important to us. Should I therefore put "full private balcony" as my first request? I wasn't banking on having to request anything relating to that but I would hate to get a juliet or share with someone! The only other things we are really bothered about is a good view (whatever that is!) and it being reasonably peaceful, :) We are happy to be a distance away from anything and everything. Should we just put those words as our second request or be more specific and ask for wedding gazebo view or something? I wouldn't want to put that and jeapordise a potential upgrade to a lagoon view or something.
Virtual all of the balconies are private, full balconies. Only the BC has juliet balconies. There is one club level room that doesn't have a balcony, as far as I know, and I think the shared balcony is a standard view category. I believe it is over the main entry door on the parking lot side of the resort. The garden view rooms are probably all the quietest rooms at the YC. The wedding gazebo area is a very nice place to be because it is quiet and relatively close to the lobby.

Hi Friends ... Jeanne and I are back from our mother/daughter Disney Fantasy cruise. It was wonderful. She heads back home tomorrow and tomorrow I head back to the BC for work. Can't wait to visit with all the Disers there over Easter!!!! Jeanne just sent Dee a load of pics and I'm sure she will post a few later. Jeanne looks and acts totally rested. She also ran (not once did she break to a walk) the 5K on Castaway Cay and then didn't want to wait for the tram to the adult beach so ran to it ... turned into her running a 6K. So proud of her!!

Welcome, back, Teena. I'm glad that Jeanne had a great 5K race. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. We'll see you in just about two weeks. :)

the old walkway to TTC through the resort is open again too!!

Welcome back!! Sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to maybe get my DD4 together with Lily this summer! Enjoy your Easter!

Welcome back!! Sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to maybe get my DD4 together with Lily this summer! Enjoy your Easter!

Thank you. Unfortunately I won't be spending it with the "girls". I'll be leaving for the BC before Jeanne is up and then Bob is taking her to the airport so she can get home to Lily for Easter afternoon.

I sure hope we can get the girls together this summer!!!!

Hope you and the family have a super Easter!!!!

Welcome Home! Sounds like a blast and can't wait to see the pic's!

:sail: So glad you had a wonderful cruise! Welcome home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter