2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are here right now! We got in yesterday afternoon after a very long road trip from DE. We could not have gotten a more perfect room! Our first time at BC and I could not recommend this resort enough! We got a new, refurbished room, full balcony, daybed, and although I paid for a garden view, I have a water view as well! My kids are thrilled and I've been very impressed, minus one grumpy and tired young male CM in the Market Place, but he tried! So thrilled to be here!

Last edited:
We are here right now! We got in yesterday afternoon after a very king road trip from DE. We could not have gotten a more perfect room! Our first time at BC and I could not recommend this resort enough! We got a new, refurbished room, full balcony, daybed, and although I paid for a garden view, I have a water view as well! My kids are thrilled and I've been very impressed, minus one grumpy and tired young male CM in the Market Place, but he tried! So thrilled to be here!

Hope to meet you today!

We are here right now! We got in yesterday afternoon after a very long road trip from DE. We could not have gotten a more perfect room! Our first time at BC and I could not recommend this resort enough! We got a new, refurbished room, full balcony, daybed, and although I paid for a garden view, I have a water view as well! My kids are thrilled and I've been very impressed, minus one grumpy and tired young male CM in the Market Place, but he tried! So thrilled to be here!

Great start!!! Have a fabulous vacation!

:banana::banana::banana:

Happy Eater!

Typing form the YC lobby this AM. We arrived Friday. I did the online check-in and while we were on the magical express, I was texted our room number. When we arrived we were greeted by name and still given a packet with all resort information then we went straight to our room and changed to go to SAB. We have a third floor garden room that is quite far from the lobby but we did get a day bed! The room is nice, I can see it has some wear in tear especially in the carpets, furnishings, and bathroom. But it is still very nice.

My first experience at SAB was not too nice. I know it is a very busy weekend with the resort full but at 12 there was not even a regular chair let alone a lounge chair at the pool open. So many people just had towels and personal items on chairs. More than half of the chairs had no people in them. My family jumped in the water but all I wanted to do was lay in the sun first so I walked around for over a half an hour. Fill d one chair

Oops...hit post by accident. Continued. I found one chair but as I went to put down my stuff a man said it was his daughters. I said there is nothing on it and no one is here....but then just walked away because I figured I did not want to sit there by him now. Then after about ten more minutes, I saw a chair and then another chair a few down so I called my husband over and said we have two chairs but not together. Put my bag on one and went to put my hubby's stuff on the other and the lady next to the chair said it was her son's and put a bag on it. We gave up and took turns with the four of us and one chair plus just sitting on the concrete. I was bummed. Then for the next TWO HOURS all that was on the chair was that bag. No one ever sat in it.

Things have gotten better since then. Taking a day off the parks today and will post more later. Really enjoying the location of YC and even full it has some very peaceful areas.

We are one week in to our 14 night stay Beach Club club level water view stay.
WOW WOW WOW WOW - what an amazing trip.

I will get a full trip report completed at the end (any tips on how to do this and where to post?) but thanks to this thread for all the tips it has helped me to create the perfect vacation for us as a family. I have been ticking off our Disney Bucket list daily but dining highlight last night was the Yachtsman - literally amazing food and out of this world service. Off to Typhoon Lagoon today and have a Beach Comber Shack (Cabana) booked so should make for a nice day.

Ta Ta for now and speak soon!
xoxox

We are one week in to our 14 night stay Beach Club club level water view stay.
WOW WOW WOW WOW - what an amazing trip.

I will get a full trip report completed at the end (any tips on how to do this and where to post?) but thanks to this thread for all the tips it has helped me to create the perfect vacation for us as a family. I have been ticking off our Disney Bucket list daily but dining highlight last night was the Yachtsman - literally amazing food and out of this world service. Off to Typhoon Lagoon today and have a Beach Comber Shack (Cabana) booked so should make for a nice day.

Ta Ta for now and speak soon!
xoxox

So glad to hear that you are having a great time so far!!!

I can help you with a trip report when you get back. There is a Trip Report subforum here on the DIS, and you can post a link to it here when you have started. I can give you tips on format and posting pictures.

:surfweb:

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear that you got a daybed and a full balcony. I hope the rest of your trip is good, too. :)

My first experience at SAB was not too nice. I know it is a very busy weekend with the resort full but at 12 there was not even a regular chair let alone a lounge chair at the pool open. So many people just had towels and personal items on chairs. More than half of the chairs had no people in them.
I'm sorry to hear that the "chair piggies" were out in full force. :( We've also seen that people have started to put personal items rather than just a towel on chairs, making it even harder to determine if that person is even at the pool.

Ninja Mom has the best advice. It basically involves taking stuff off a chair that appears to be abandoned and then picking up and moving that chair. Then they don't know who stole it when they return. It has the added benefit of them not being able to find you. :smooth: I've noticed that there are often chairs in the shady area by the YC side of SAB near the kiddie pool.

Oh no! I will have to leave this thread :( A room opened up at the Poly so our TA booked us there (it was our first choice). Bye!!

Oops...hit post by accident. Continued. I found one chair but as I went to put down my stuff a man said it was his daughters. I said there is nothing on it and no one is here....but then just walked away because I figured I did not want to sit there by him now. Then after about ten more minutes, I saw a chair and then another chair a few down so I called my husband over and said we have two chairs but not together. Put my bag on one and went to put my hubby's stuff on the other and the lady next to the chair said it was her son's and put a bag on it. We gave up and took turns with the four of us and one chair plus just sitting on the concrete. I was bummed. Then for the next TWO HOURS all that was on the chair was that bag. No one ever sat in it.

Things have gotten better since then. Taking a day off the parks today and will post more later. Really enjoying the location of YC and even full it has some very peaceful areas.
I'm really sorry you had this experience. I've never been to Disney at Easter because we try to avoid the busier holiday weekends, but I hope the crowds slow down a bit for you after some of the weekenders go home. Honestly, I have always been frustrated at numerous resorts when people leave their towels in the chairs when they leave. I understand saving chairs, but I hate it when I see nothing but a towel in a chair for hours!

It's ok :). You will be at the BC someday. We love both Poly and BC and tend to rotate.
Have fun! We love the Poly too (GF is #1 for us) but staying at BC is a completely different experience, so you should try it sometime...but I will say that my kids are 11 and 16 so MK being further away isn't a big deal.

I'm glad to hear that you got a daybed and a full balcony. I hope the rest of your trip is good, too. :)

I'm sorry to hear that the "chair piggies" were out in full force. :( We've also seen that people have started to put personal items rather than just a towel on chairs, making it even harder to determine if that person is even at the pool.

Ninja Mom has the best advice. It basically involves taking stuff off a chair that appears to be abandoned and then picking up and moving that chair. Then they don't know who stole it when they return. It has the added benefit of them not being able to find you. :smooth: I've noticed that there are often chairs in the shady area by the YC side of SAB near the kiddie pool.

You made me laugh with the chair stealing technique, but I must admit that I'm going to be scared to go down the slide now out of fear that I might lose my chair! :) I will definitely be putting so much stuff in our chairs now that people will definitely want to choose another chair. But we do actually use our chairs.

Well as I said...it did get better after the first day. Yesterday we did MK in the AM and got back to the resort around 12. My family went to eat some leftovers in the room and I got off the bus determined to get a lounge chair so came straight to SAB. At first it was just like day one with no chairs but then a really nice family from Seatle saw me looking and offered one of theirs. They were so kind. So I just sat down and relaxed a bit with the plan of giving the chair to my hubby when he came down and returning after getting my suit on. But shortly after a regular chair opened near by and I moved it next to me. So our family of four took turns with the two chairs and had a blast. Later in the day a third opened up and our teenage daughter got her own chair. We never tried to get a chair for the 7 year old because he does not sit for long. It was a great day by the pool.

Today is a no park day so my hubby and I got our suits on and came down at 8:45 and stood in very short lines for the opening of SAB. I saw several families this morning come in and drop off personal belongings on chairs then leave. There has been absolutely no policing of this by the CM's. You would think it was a red flag when people come in normal clothes....or one person comes in with a bunch of stuff only to leave moments later. I am really disappointed in Disney that they do not have a CM on this issue during busy weeks. For the amount of money we are paying for a pretty simple room, you would think they could deal with this.

However I am typing this from SAB and having a blast. It is noon and I can see a few open chairs today so maybe the worst has passed. I know I am making a big deal out of chairs but relaxing poolside is a priority on our vacations. After the brutal MI winter we really look forward to the Florida sun.

I really like the serene atmosphere of the YC. Even at capacity the lobby has been peaceful and there are any places to grab a quiet spot. SAB is great and the location and proximity to EPCOT has been fun. We still have five full days of vacation left so I do not want to issue a full review yet. I always tend to miss our last resort the first few days and I am definitely missing VWL right now. But I have a feeling YC will grow on me.

I just helped a person using NINJAMOMS method and we took back a few unused chairs for her family. Yay us!

Ok here we go, some pictures! We just returned from 7 nights at BC CL SV. Our check-in was smooth. As a lot of you know from previous posts, I booked a SV room because we were thinking it might be our best chance to get a daybed. Well it worked! We got the daybed. Unfortunately, we did not get our 2nd request - a full balcony - but we were just thrilled to have a daybed so I didn't say a word about it to the CM. We had a corner room, Room 5692, straight down the hall and immediately to the right. Right here:
IMG_1833.jpg

Our daybed:
IMG_1826.jpg

Inside room. The middle window/door led out to the standing balcony.
IMG_1827.jpg

Here are VIEWS from all 3 windows/door. This one is from the daybed window:
IMG_1831.jpg

This view is from the standing balcony:
IMG_1830.jpg

This view is from the window where we could see the high fireworks:
IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1829.jpg

If anyone has hints for me on how to get rid of all the extra images at the bottom of my post, let me know.:) I will add my room pictures to the room thread, but just wanted to post here too cause I know some people were waiting to see.

Ok here we go, some pictures! We just returned from 7 nights at BC CL SV. Our check-in was smooth. As a lot of you know from previous posts, I booked a SV room because we were thinking it might be our best chance to get a daybed. Well it worked! We got the daybed. Unfortunately, we did not get our 2nd request - a full balcony - but we were just thrilled to have a daybed so I didn't say a word about it to the CM. We had a corner room, Room 5692, straight down the hall and immediately to the right. Right here:
View attachment 86346

Our daybed:
View attachment 86339

Hey TJA,
Thanks for the post.
Question...was the bed comfortable?
Would you say it was the same as pre-renovation?
In the past our older teens have complained that the day beds were too hard.
Thanks, Anita

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter