2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
:flower1:
:welcome: to this thread.

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1? When is your trip?

:woohoo:

I'm not sure where the king bed rooms are located or if there are more in any particular view category, so I don't think it is necessary to switch categories for that purpose.

:thumbsup2
Thank You so much, I would love to be added to the Be Our Guest List. We will be staying 8/27-8/31, and then heading to Port Canaveral for a Disney cruise. So glad I found this thread and can't wait to be sitting in a chair at SAB

:flower1:
Thank You so much, I would love to be added to the Be Our Guest List. We will be staying 8/27-8/31, and then heading to Port Canaveral for a Disney cruise. So glad I found this thread and can't wait to be sitting in a chair at SAB
I guess you'll probably need our names, sorry. We are Jim & Michele :)

does anyone know if they can split our room only cost across two credit cards? we are checking in on thursday. it is my friend and me, and i am hoping they can put half the cost on my card and half on hers, so we don't have to owe each other money on the room. i was purposely not doing online check in so that they can do that, but if you tell me they won't be able to do it anyway, then i am going to go ahead and check in online since our flights arrive quite early and i'd love a shot at our room being ready.

Hello YC/BC fans! We're back from our Pop/WL/beach/BC vacation! As always, great to see Teena in the lobby yesterday! Teena - love the cruise photos!!! A quick review:

Check-In: Always prefer to arrive on a Sunday or Monday so that we can say hello to Teena upon arrival! But this was a quick weekend and a Saturday check-in. Very smooth this time, as a CM was ready with an ipad upon our arrival (my husband dropped us off.) The CM took us up to the 5th floor and Neil assisted with our check-in. Here's where I look like a crazy person. We booked standard CL and declined an upgrade to a deluxe room. We love the deluxe room - especially for longer stays. But this was a 1-night, 2-day stay, we were really looking forward to the refurbished rooms, needed to be close to the lounge (I was traveling on my own with our three boys) and did not need extra space nor a daybed. So I asked if anything was available on the 5th floor, but understood that it's a busy weekend and that might not be possible. Neil made a call and found a room for us on the 5th floor in minutes - it was a garden view with a full balcony and it was perfect. For reference, it was 5636.

Room: Wow. The rooms look great - rivals GF for my favorite room decor on property. Love the new roman shades - makes the room look and feel bigger. New bathrooms are shiny clean. The light carpet probably isn't the best idea and the balcony could use an extra wash, but all else was in excellent condition.

Lounge: Really well done! The space is so much improved and we noticed significant improvements in both the variety and quality of the food. I'm not a breakfast fan, but I rated my BC CL breakfast yesterday #1 of all CL breakfasts (and we've stayed in all the clubs except YC.) The combination of hard boiled eggs, small meats and cheeses, bakery items, fruit (including grapefruit and strawberries) and oatmeal - all quite good. The evening appetizers were also very good - multiple salads, two hot items, crackers and cheese (including manchego one night and I think gouda another - so it's not just the grocery store cheddar cubes we've seen in other lounges) pb&j cups, rolls, apples and caramel . . . the list goes on. They are pouring the wine and it's no longer self-service, as others have reported.

A couple notes for those who are new to the BC lounge, now that we've stayed at other CLs. If you've stayed at WL, CR, GF, AKL or Poly, this will be different. It's more similar to the BWI lounge. Because the food service area and the seating are all connected, when the lounge closes between operating hours, the seating area is not available. Our youngest needs afternoon lounge breaks (long story) so we do need to factor in the unavailability of the lounge seating area between 4pm and 5pm. The other difference is the proximity of the tables to one another and to the kids' area. If you need to supervise your child in the kids' area like we do, you will be closer to the action than, say, at CR, WL, GF, AKL or Poly. But it's wonderful to have the extra space in a completely separate room for those who don't need to be near the kids' area.

Location: We walked to DHS. Walked home from DHS. Walked to and from Epcot Saturday night and again on Sunday. Love the walking and not having to rely on anyone or anything for transportation.

CMs: Yay for Teena! Also, a couple CL CMs were great, including Jen from Michigan State. It must be tough for CMs in this lounge because it's not as easy to walk around and monitor given the space. At WL, for example, a CM can watch for tables to clear by just walking around the u-shape, looking out the window, into the lobby, etc. I know some have commented that CMs at BC "hover" but we didn't find that to be the case - it's just they don't have as much space to move around in - especially when the lounge is busy. A few BC CL CMs, however, did appear uncomfortable and responded uncomfortably to guests. For example, two guests next to us asked if they could have a welcome drink and the CM responded that those are only for arrivals. The guests were very polite, but the CM was quite resistant and they went back and forth a bit before the CM eventually went to inquire about the drinks. It would be great if more CL CMs could bring some of that positive energy that Teena brings to the lobby up to the club lounge.

SAB: It's Easter weekend, so it's busy. I found an empty chair and moved it a bit so that it was in my favorite waterfall corner spot. But I had to abandon it because I felt I should watch for our youngest at the base of the jib slide. He's an excellent swimmer, but tends to roam after exiting the slide, so I camped out there. Our teen boys were off on their own - one trip down the slide, but now the lazy river and the hot tub are more interesting to them. I texted Dee telling her that I planned to return to my spot by the waterfall, but I never made it back over there. Nor could I interest our youngest in the very uncrowded area over by the kiddie slide. So for those traveling during busy times, those are the two spots I highly recommend at SAB to avoid the crowds.

At the bottom of page one...can't let that happen!

Trying to convince myself that September is soon enough to visit YC and trying to talk myself out of a June trip....

Finally getting back on the board after our lovely few days at the Beach club and then on the Dream! @Ninja Mom they had both filtered water and bottled water in the lounge. The CM's in the lounge filled my kids refillable water bottles in the AM with filtered water.

Question for all you veteran beach clubers this may have been covered and I apologize if it has. I was wondering when they offer room only discounts, How much is it usually for, for the beach club? We are going Nov 1-8:yay:. So I'm hoping for either room only discount or free dining. Just trying to figure out how much more to save. Nov. Can't get here fast enough!!! I'm so excited never stayed on site before. Heck its our first trip to Disney. Aggghhh

Hi all!! We will be going to the BCR for the first time on July 4th and I'm guessing that renovations will still be going on. Any suggestions for a room request?

So for my July YC CL stay I decided to email CL to see if we would be getting any forms or anything to fill out, was told no. Our last CL stay they emailed us a form that asked us all kinds of questions, what time we would be arriving etc. so I was a little surprised when they said we would not be receiving anything. I'm also slightly concerned with some of the reviews lately of CL. Maybe I'm just overthinking this trip. Anyone have any words of encouragement? We are not big drinkers but I do like a glass or 2 of wine or beer, hoping this isn't going to be an issue with getting this in the CL lounge.

Forgot to mention . . . we were on the 5th floor just down the hall from the club lounge, and we heard zero construction/refurb noise. Yay!

So for my July YC CL stay I decided to email CL to see if we would be getting any forms or anything to fill out, was told no. Our last CL stay they emailed us a form that asked us all kinds of questions, what time we would be arriving etc. so I was a little surprised when they said we would not be receiving anything. I'm also slightly concerned with some of the reviews lately of CL. Maybe I'm just overthinking this trip. Anyone have any words of encouragement? We are not big drinkers but I do like a glass or 2 of wine or beer, hoping this isn't going to be an issue with getting this in the CL lounge.

I posted regarding this issue on the club level thread, but can share a few thoughts here in case it's helpful. I've been staying at BC since 1992 and just started staying CL five years ago. So far this year, we've stayed CL at AKL, GF, Poly, WL and BC. Our most recent BWI CL stay was in 2014 and our most recent CR CL stay was in 2012. Regardless of the resort, sometimes I get the form and sometimes I don't. I'm not concerned at all if I don't receive the form - I just e-mail IPO with any questions I have or information I would like to share. So please don't be concerned about that!

I posted my review of BC CL (the most recent edition!) just above, so that may provide some additional info. As for the beer/wine service, I'm not a fan but I can understand that it might be necessary if issues arise for a particular CL. I'd say it can be uncomfortable depending on the CM responsible for pouring. On Saturday night, the BC CL CM was very uncomfortable and the procedure was unclear. Not very welcoming and no smiles. Last night, the BC CL CM greeted me with a smile, eye contact and a "how can I help?" It was clear that he was pouring - much better and more comfortable. I asked for a second glass, and he remained friendly. So it really depends on the CM, in my opinion.

I'm going to be very happy going to a resort bar to get exactly what I want poured. I'm not a person that enjoys asking another to be kind to me. I'd rather just pay for what I want. I don't think My tab will equate to the cost of club level. I really do not like beer, wine, or cordials. I like top shelf liquor. It is clear to me that club level is not something I would want, is available at hours that are not complimentary to my touring plans, and the offerings are not appealing to most of us- and it is only because of this board that I am very comfortable with my choice not to be staying club level. Cheers. :o ).

It just does not seem right that club level comfortable-ness would depend on the employee. It should be a mandatory form sent before arrival to ensure all details are perfect. Do they actually think people pay for a club level glass of beer or hard boiled egg in the morning?

Is there any advantage to online check-in or just waiting until you arrive at the resort. We'll be staying BC CL and may arrive anywhere from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm.

Question for all you veteran beach clubers this may have been covered and I apologize if it has. I was wondering when they offer room only discounts, How much is it usually for, for the beach club? We are going Nov 1-8:yay:. So I'm hoping for either room only discount or free dining. Just trying to figure out how much more to save. Nov. Can't get here fast enough!!! I'm so excited never stayed on site before. Heck its our first trip to Disney. Aggghhh
While deluxe resorts usually offer the largest RO discounts, sometimes it can vary by resort. The spring discount at YC/BC was 30%.

I'm fairly certain there is a sign about the size of 40X50 cm and about a 30 cm off of the ground by the bridge near the in-pool volleyball rope area stating that you can't save chairs.

Ninja Mom would take it one step further and if she saw fully dressed people leaving personal items when the pool first opened and then not returning for awhile. She would turn them in to the pool staff and say that a family forgot them and they seemed to have left for the day. NM would not want anyone's personal belongings left out all day.

Who knows what 'harm' could befall them.

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter