2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea, it sounds like resort lounges (love crew's cup and territory lounge, for example) would be great for your stay! We've been traveling to Disney with our kids since our youngest was born, and CL is great for us because it's so convenient with them. But it really depends on the circumstances. For my conference/girls' weekend in June, we're not considering CL because our group will want flexible hours and more options. :)

We decided on CL for this trip because we are not doing parks this year. We are doing 4 days at Universal then heading to the YC. We love the pool and the area, but with 3 teenage boys it gets a little tight in the room. It's nice to use the lounge for some added space. I don't mind having to ask for a beer or wine but I don't want to be restricted. It's very convenient for breakfast for the boys and to buy snacks gets to be real expensive. Being able to get a snack, beverage and evening apps is nice.

Question for all you veteran beach clubers this may have been covered and I apologize if it has. I was wondering when they offer room only discounts, How much is it usually for, for the beach club? We are going Nov 1-8:yay:. So I'm hoping for either room only discount or free dining. Just trying to figure out how much more to save. Nov. Can't get here fast enough!!! I'm so excited never stayed on site before. Heck its our first trip to Disney. Aggghhh
They do offer discounts for the BC, but the September 2014 discount had the BC at 20% off and the YC at 30% off, which is why we ended up at the YC instead of the BC last fall. Other times the discount between the two resorts is the same.

Here is last year's discounts so you can get an idea of what might be available.

Free Dining for 2014:

The promo was released to the public on Wednesday, May 7.
The dates included were:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

This website lists historical discounts, but they don't always list the blackout dates.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2014

Does anyone know if we can upgrade to an Annual Pass at the International Gateway? Or do we have to go to the front of Epcot to do that?

Well, it's past midnight and I'm 60 days out and I can't book my FP+...boo.

Well...at 1am it all opened up!! Crazy. Not a lot of fun staying up until 2am picking fastpasses :( Oh well, we got most of everything we wanted. Toy Story was already gone so we'll have to hit that first thing at rope drop. June 18th was unable to select the Frozen Sing along...MDE said it was down for refurbishment...strange since Frozen Summer is set to begin June 17th. Guess the Disney prognosticators are already thinking it will be "broken" on Day 2!!!

Anyways...after spending 2 hours doing this I am ready to go on Chair Piggie patrol....FP+ has fueled my rage...personal belonging left by chair piggies don't stand a chance against me!!! To the lazy river with it all! :)

It's all official! I've done my online check in for the last part of our trip - BC! Room requests in, everything PIF. Now all I have to do is wait patiently for the next 53 days until we get on the plane for Orlando. We're all really looking forward to the end of the school year and our start of the summer.

Well...at 1am it all opened up!! Crazy. Not a lot of fun staying up until 2am picking fastpasses :( Oh well, we got most of everything we wanted. Toy Story was already gone so we'll have to hit that first thing at rope drop. June 18th was unable to select the Frozen Sing along...MDE said it was down for refurbishment...strange since Frozen Summer is set to begin June 17th. Guess the Disney prognosticators are already thinking it will be "broken" on Day 2!!!

Anyways...after spending 2 hours doing this I am ready to go on Chair Piggie patrol....FP+ has fueled my rage...personal belonging left by chair piggies don't stand a chance against me!!! To the lazy river with it all! :)

OK, this message scares me!!! Thursday is the day I can book FP+ for the class trip- roughly the same time as your trip. I am booking for more than 150 people. That's if we get the tickets in time. Which is up in the air (hopefully, literally).

:badpc:

This post is making me nervous. I can make my FP+ selections in two weeks and I wasn't planning on doing it when my time opens but rather later in the day; I'm thinking I better set my alarm for the middle of the night in hopes we get everything we want.

OK, this message scares me!!! Thursday is the day I can book FP+ for the class trip- roughly the same time as your trip. I am booking for more than 150 people. That's if we get the tickets in time. Which is up in the air (hopefully, literally).

:badpc:

Report back, Dee, on how it goes. I can't even begin to imagine booking for 150 people. :scared:

This post is making me nervous. I can make my FP+ selections in two weeks and I wasn't planning on doing it when my time opens but rather later in the day; I'm thinking I better set my alarm for the middle of the night in hopes we get everything we want.

Just be sure to check the park hours for the day before your 60-day window opens...if any park closes past midnight, FP+ won't be available until AFTER that closing time...

It wasn't too bad. For some reason toy story was available this morning so I swapped out a RRC for it. Don't be nervous! Just put on your commando touring shoes and get your mouse ready! Good luck with those 150 fast passes, Dee! Sure hope you get the tickets.

Congrats on the water view and glad your stay is off to a good start.

Curious if you did online check in or in person. We would like to have a refurbished room this summer and wondering if online with upper floor request (hoping third floor might be done by then as well as 4th) would work or better off doing in person.

Of course if you are staying club level then the question is moot! Thanks for any insight.
We are not club level and I did not do online check in in case I didn't get a daybed, I wanted to try to work something out at the front right away. This was suggested by Natebenma...I had no need though because I lucked out right away!

My post should have read "I got to meet Teena" it autocorrected twice and I thought I caught it! My kids wanted to know how I knew her

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter