Worst Room View Pics Thread

J.C.&ALI'SMOM said:
We have been really lucky as far as room views go. We've had the good luck to be upgraded more than once.

However, the view from the corner of our porch at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins was of an upturned tree It wasn't too bad and it was a good location so everything was cool with us I'm not too hard to please, DH on the other hand...

IMAGE#1

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Do you have any recourse when this happens. Can you ask for a different room?

You can always ask for a different room :thumbsup2 Of course what they can offer instead will be subject to availability but particularly if you have paid for a view and it is obstructed or anything like some of the photos posted on this thread :scared1: you would certainly be justified in making a request to be moved to a different room

ntikos said:
We stayed at the Beach Club for 2 days last week before switching to the BC Villas.

It was a last minute change and they accomodated us with a garden view.
Problem was, they are doing some stripping and painting on that side of the resort. The sound of workers stripping paint @ 9:00am with powertools pretty much made sure everybody was up early. :)

This was our view...

Sadly my husband works for sunbelt and i think he would actually enjoy this view. He always points out who is using his equipment...and who should be!

We just stayed at CSR in early April. It was absolutely gorgeous. We paid for, and got, water view. The view was great. I was thinking about it later, and I was wondering if we just got it by luck or if our initial registration is what made them put us there on purpose.

I have been to WDW almost 50 times. I told them this was our very first time to stay on-site. (We used to always stay at a time share owned by my DMIL.) So they were all excited for us .... hmmmm ... ? And yes, you could see the lake too - just not in this pic.

Is it possible they were trying to get us hooked so we'd come stay with them more often ... I wonder ...

IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

we stayed at akl jambo house and out our window right below us was a big fenced in area like a pen. we asked a CM if there was like an animal show or something and she just said: no thats where all the people evacuate to if there is a fire. LOL!!! we did see some animals though....lol:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

We had that room! I marched right down to the front desk and asked for another room. They said they didn't have a room ready and it would be a little bit. They sent me a txt saying my room was ready....guess what, it wasn't! There was a manager of some sort on the floor at that time and the room next to our new room was ready. They gave us a room with bunk beds with animals that slept outside our room every night!

. Is it possible they were trying to get us hooked so we'd come stay with them more often ... I wonder ...

I'm guessing 'not'. Although I admittedly pay more attention to Riverside and Port Orleans than CBR or CSR, that seems like a pretty average moderate water view to me. Oddly enough, it's the Deluxe rooms that seem top have the worst views -- and most of those are in the "standard" category (or whatever the cheapest is called there). From what I've seen, the water views at the moderates are pretty nice (assuming you like to look at pools), the few exceptions being a room with a tree right in front of it.

So at the moderates you might get a tree or a view of the parking lot (if you go for the cheapest category). Compare that to the rows of units facing a hot, flat roof at the Beach Club. :sad2:

Did you stay with this room or ask to be moved?
I would have to move. Sitting out on the balcony enjoying my morning coffee or a glass of wine at night are part of the reason I book a deluxe resort. These rooms are so sub par for a deluxe that they should be greatly discounted or saved for people who are really mean to the front desk CM's!
:rotfl:
Our lovely Beach Club view... (Room 3724)

DSC_6466 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_6469 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_6470 by vshingl, on Flickr

I won't lie - I was very tempted to hop the railing and walk on the roof to see what all I could see from the edge! :rotfl2:

Did you stay with this room or ask to be moved?
I would have to move. Sitting out on the balcony enjoying my morning coffee or a glass of wine at night are part of the reason I book a deluxe resort. These rooms are so sub par for a deluxe that they should be greatly discounted or saved for people who are really mean to the front desk CM's!
:rotfl:

We stayed. We were only there for two nights, so it wasn't really bothersome.

I have to ask - was it a Villa or a regular cash room

It was a Standard View room with two queens at the Beach Club Resort - not a DVC villa.

Picky detail but a fun fact - in the shot of the balcony, you can see the powder blue wall (Beach Club Resort). In the distance to the left, you see the aqua blue building (Beach Club Villas).

We had a room view similar to that on my honeymoon stay. Needless to say I cried when I walked in and saw it. Also, not only did the view stink, it had a murphy bed, which to me is equivalent to sleeping on my pullout couch bed. For the amount of money I paid, i expected to at least have a normal bed. My husband immediately called downstairs and asked very nicely to be moved. After 2 moves (they once again gave us a murphy bed the second time) we ended up with an amazing view. All in all, I would have to say they were very nice and accomodating. Maybe cause we were on our honeymoon or because my husband never got upset or yelled just spoke to them professionally.

Here's the view from our room at the Dolphin:
Dolphinview.jpg

Unfortunately, the view inside our room wasn't much better.

Dolphinroom2.jpg

Dolphinroom3.jpg

Dolphinroom1.jpg

WOW! Where were thes room pictures taken? Same hotel? Please tell me you complained! Shocking for Disney!::sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter