Worst Room View Pics Thread

Here's the view from our room at the Dolphin:
Dolphinview.jpg

Unfortunately, the view inside our room wasn't much better.

Dolphinroom2.jpg

Dolphinroom3.jpg

Dolphinroom1.jpg

Wow. :scared1: That looks similar to the inside of our BC room this spring. :sad2: Luckily the view from our balcony was wonderful!

Momof2Disneyboys said:
Wow. :scared1: That looks similar to the inside of our BC room this spring. :sad2: Luckily the view from our balcony was wonderful!

This is unacceptable for a Motel 6 nonetheless a Disney hotel. I would be FUMING if I paid good money and got a room like that.

This is unacceptable for a Motel 6 nonetheless a Disney hotel. I would be FUMING if I paid good money and got a room like that.

It was pretty bad. And we were pretty upset! We tried to get moved to another resort, but they wouldn't do it. All they offered was a refund of one night's rate (out of the 8 we stayed there). I sent pictures to WDW after we got back and they apologized for the BC staff not taking care of the situation when we were there and then offered us 2 free nights for future use.

That Dolphin room looks dreadful. :eek: I'm really surprised, because mostly people's big gripe about the Dolphin is that it's not Disney. :p (And it isn't. I don't know what the difference is, but walking into the Dolphin after doing the Disney Epcot resorts, there is just something missing. :confused3 )

I sent pictures to WDW after we got back and they apologized for the BC staff not taking care of the situation when we were there and then offered us 2 free nights for future use.

:sad2:

I hear a lot of gripes about the BC staff from Timesharers and DVC owners, but a lot of times people conclude that the BC staff just doesn't like dealing with the DVC part of the resort. But that sounds like they sometimes just provide poor service all around. :sad1:

:sad2:

I hear a lot of gripes about the BC staff from Timesharers and DVC owners, but a lot of times people conclude that the BC staff just doesn't like dealing with the DVC part of the resort. But that sounds like they sometimes just provide poor service all around. :sad1:

It was not properly handled at all. The BC staff just really didn't want to bother with it. Disney did take care of it in the end I guess, but it put a huge damper on our vacation. Here's the whole story ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2926597&page=13

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!!! :eek: I hope you were moved! :tink:

WOW! Where were thes room pictures taken? Same hotel? Please tell me you complained! Shocking for Disney!::sad2:
They were all taken at the Dolphin from the same room.

It was pretty bad. And we were pretty upset! We tried to get moved to another resort, but they wouldn't do it. All they offered was a refund of one night's rate (out of the 8 we stayed there). I sent pictures to WDW after we got back and they apologized for the BC staff not taking care of the situation when we were there and then offered us 2 free nights for future use.

That Dolphin room looks dreadful. :eek: I'm really surprised, because mostly people's big gripe about the Dolphin is that it's not Disney. :p (And it isn't. I don't know what the difference is, but walking into the Dolphin after doing the Disney Epcot resorts, there is just something missing. :confused3 )

Yeah, I was NOT a happy camper, and they claimed that they couldn't switch our room without giving us a room with 2 doubles, which wouldn't work for us because we sleep in a queen at home & I'm not going to sleep in a smaller bed on vacation. Plus, our room was not ready until almost an hour after the official check-in time (even thought my husband showed up very early that morning). I didn't even include all of the other pics that I took. The floor was sticky and disgusting (to the point that my sandals were sticking to the floor), the nightstand had long black hairs and sticky stuff, the sheets didn't fit on the bed, and house keeping "forgot" to service our room one day. When we got back at 2 am from MK EMH & I realized that we didn't have toilet paper or clean towels, I called housekeeping to complain and they "paid me back" the next morning by beating on my door every 30 mins from 8 am - 11 am. We will NEVER stay at the Dolphin/Swan again.

That vent looks disgusting! I would have made the manager come up and take a look at that. It looks like it can bring on an acute asthma attack.

Any bad view at a Disney Resort is better than the view from my office.

totally agree:cheer2:

(except those interior views of that vent, I wouldn't have taken no for an answer as far as insisting on being moved)

the thread is over a year old.

who knows if the Dolphin has changed things around with their housekeeping.

Our lovely Beach Club view... (Room 3724)

DSC_6466 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_6469 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_6470 by vshingl, on Flickr

I won't lie - I was very tempted to hop the railing and walk on the roof to see what all I could see from the edge! :rotfl2:

Wrong or not, I have to say, I'd have most likely walked on the roof. Wouldn't go hanging off the edge or nothing, but maybe take a peak at what's there to see.

I think some people - Disney themselves included - have lost all perspective about what you should be getting if you're paying what they charge for a room at a 'deluxe' hotel. Bad enough these rooms are so tiny, but to have a non-view on top of that?!

I do think Disney should categorize some of these rooms with really bad views as another room type with more of a discount, for people who don't care about the view and would go into it knowing it was a view of a service area or dirty roof or whatever. "Standard view" in my mind doesn't really encompass a view like that. That way there's no surprises, everybody knows what they're getting, and people who only want the room for the resort's other amenities could be able to get it for a little less! Everybody happy!

I do think Disney should categorize some of these rooms with really bad views as another room type with more of a discount, for people who don't care about the view and would go into it knowing it was a view of a service area or dirty roof or whatever. "Standard view" in my mind doesn't really encompass a view like that. That way there's no surprises, everybody knows what they're getting, and people who only want the room for the resort's other amenities could be able to get it for a little less! Everybody happy!

That is a truly excellent idea, which of course means it will never happen.

That is a truly excellent idea, which of course means it will never happen.

I believe Yacht Club now offers standard (rooftops or parking lot), garden view, or water view (lake or pool), which is definitely a step in the right direction! :thumbsup2

I am seeing a theme here about room upgrades. I think they tell you that so you think you are getting a deal and so you don't complain about your room.

I am seeing a theme here about room upgrades. I think they tell you that so you think you are getting a deal and so you don't complain about your room.

I just hate that water view can apparently be a slight little sliver of water that you have to bend all the way across your balcony to see. When I found that out, I downgraded to garden view. Too much more per night for water view for it not to be wonderful. I'll look at some trees instead.

I just hate that water view can apparently be a slight little sliver of water that you have to bend all the way across your balcony to see. When I found that out, I downgraded to garden view. Too much more per night for water view for it not to be wonderful. I'll look at some trees instead.

I agree. Disney has a really weird way of classifying rooms as 'water view'
It seems like a peeing statue counts as waterview. I'm surprised they don't upcharge all rooms as water views in the summer and count the rain in :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter