• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Worst Room View Pics Thread

We enjoyed watching this squirrel eat!

IMG_0094 by dsnylvr63, on Flickr[/IMG]

Aww :lovestruc It's a squirrel view room! Chip & Dale would have loved it!
chip-and-dale-icon-101x60.jpg

Thanks for sharing - and the laugh. If I were paying for a courtyard view and got this room I know I would have been disappointed, glad you got the upgrade to it and took it in stride.

Not sure why you are questioning me. The thread is "worst room views". Yes, I booked a standard but on check-out day, my bill showed "courtyard view". I asked the front desk and they said "you were upgraded". If you will look at Disney's room types, a courtyard view is a view of courtyard, a pool, a waterfall or Bay Lake. Through the trees you can see Bay Lake from my room balcony.:confused3

It was just a question, no need to get defensive. Sheesh.

We had a garden view in the BCR resort in May. All you could see was a rooftop and trees. If you looked to the right it was full of scaffolding and men working. I wished I would have taken a picture or a video even. The noise was horrible and we kept the blinds drawn most of our stay. I know they have to "fix up" the resorts from time to time, but maybe it would be a good thing not to put guests in those rooms when construction is going on? :headache:

Here is a view from the WL. We had just a standard view.
252.jpg

Those WL standard views get me every time. So ridiculous for the price you pay. Thats part of the reason I shy away from staying there....dont want to pay for the Courtyard view and Im afraid of their standard view~ LOL

I was reading through the thread and was thinking maybe Disney should do a "value view" room category that has the rooms with the worst views in it. Hopefully do a nice discount, but with the trade off the you can't get your room changed just because of a bad view. Your idea about a "Backstage View" sounds like interesting way to try and get more money for those rooms that show backstage areas.

I would LOOOOVE a value view category. We wouldnt book it, but at least I would feel more comfortable booking standard or woods, knowing I wouldnt get the worst views around.

those wl standard views get me every time. So ridiculous for the price you pay. Thats part of the reason i shy away from staying there....dont want to pay for the courtyard view and im afraid of their standard view~ lol

ick.........that is a horrible view of the roof........and what ever you call it.

I used to do rooms control at the BC and we had what we liked to call - pebble beach. If you stayed in one you know exactly what I mean :rotfl: It was a view of the pebble-covered roof. I never blocked anyone there unless we were in a sold out situation....and when the architect for the resort stayed there. A manager caught the "oversight" and changed it to a nice waterview room with a full balcony :rolleyes1

I always wondered why Disney did not do something with that space - put plants or something. But I think kids might jump the FULL balcony - yes even though some water views at the BC do not have a full balcony these rooms all have full balconies :confused3

I used to do rooms control at the BC and we had what we liked to call - pebble beach. If you stayed in one you know exactly what I mean :rotfl: It was a view of the pebble-covered roof. I never blocked anyone there unless we were in a sold out situation....and when the architect for the resort stayed there. A manager caught the "oversight" and changed it to a nice waterview room with a full balcony :rolleyes1

I always wondered why Disney did not do something with that space - put plants or something. But I think kids might jump the FULL balcony - yes even though some water views at the BC do not have a full balcony these rooms all have full balconies :confused3

He should have let the architect stay in one of those rooms! Yep, we had a pebble beach room on our first stay, but as soon as I saw it, went back to the front desk to ever so nicely request a room change. The CM was probably the rudest we've ever encountered in 30 years of Disney resort stays, but he did finally (and begrudgingly:confused3) move us to a room with a step out balcony near the volleyball court. I would have thought he'd want a TA to be in a better room since she would share her experience with clients. :thumbsup2

We had one of those rooms.....it was also a long walk from the elevator - it is one reason we will choose the BWI or YC over BC.

I would LOOOOVE a value view category. We wouldnt book it, but at least I would feel more comfortable booking standard or woods, knowing I wouldnt get the worst views around.

Ditto. For me, maybe because I prefer a "quiet" view (rather than some of the more popular ones), sometimes the view I most want is categorized with the view I least want. :mad: I love, love, love the Yacht Club, and like the wedding pavilion views with the big porches probably best of all - but they're standard, just like the views of rooftops. :sad1:

And then there are the ones that define "water view" as either river, lake or pond -- or swimming pool. :sad2: When it comes to Disney, I consider pool views "noise", but I love a lot of the river views at Riverside and Port Orleans, and the lake views nearly anywhere.

While we're on the subject of relabeling views, I think the Wilderness Lodge should have "otter pond" views ("with optional otters"), and also bear face views. ;)

I didn't think there could be any bad views at the Polynesian, but I got one! I got a great upgrade from garden view to concierge level garden view in Hawaii, room 3521, but my room view was non-existent:

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009081.jpg

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009656.jpg

Even though we had no view, I grew to like the room anyway. It was very private, and kept the room cool because the trees shaded us from the sun all day. Besides, how can you complain when you get a free upgrade to concierge, right? ;)

Hey ... that looks like the room in the Hawaii bldg we had on our May trip ... we also grew to love the room - was very quiet and yes, the tree kept the room cooler :thumbsup2

Don't ever get the odd number studio at Beach Club Villas! Worst view we ever had! Room 459 overlooking Epcot (noisy) Blvd.

DisneyMay2009152.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter