What is the most annoying word used here?

<rant on>

the whole DH, DW, DD, DS ,D, D, D ,D

you dont have to put the word DISNEY in front of everything. We get it. You are a Disney fan, you are on this site. Just say my husband, or my wife.....no DH or DW.

<rant off>

I thought it was “dear husband” or “darling husband”, not “Disney husband”. Either way: urgh. I cannot imagine talking about my “dear/darling husband” without it sounding sarcastic. Maybe I’m just a bad wife!

DH, DW, on and on can be found on most any forum. Doesn't mean Disney anything just "dear" some member of my family.

Well, I just learned something. I always thought the "D" stood for designated. I'm not really sure why... maybe because of designated hitter? I started using DH, DD, etc on here when I saw how prevalent the terms were because I thought it was hilarious to refer family members as "designated husband" and so on. Learning that the "D" actually means "dear" completely ruins it for me. It's way too cutesy.

Well, I just learned something. I always thought the "D" stood for designated. I'm not really sure why... maybe because of designated hitter? I started using DH, DD, etc on here when I saw how prevalent the terms were because I thought it was hilarious to refer family members as "designated husband" and so on. Learning that the "D" actually means "dear" completely ruins it for me. It's way too cutesy.

I always read DD as “designated driver.” It makes people’s posts a lot more interesting lol

Re-posting information that has already been given earlier in a thread is the worst.

Also, acronyms can get really S.Y.L.D. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Re-posting information that has already been given earlier in a thread is the worst.
Oh, you poor soul, living such a tortured existence as you navigate the DIS! :crazy2::scared::scared1: Just because someone beat me to my opinion, I should refrain from posting, what would be the fun in that.

As for those of you truly offended by some of these posts, don’t be afraid to post, question, solicit and/or give advice, as a long time member, we all make up the wonderful DISboards, the good, the bad and the ugly (not directed at anyone in particular, just an expression, an homage to one of my favorite spaghetti westerns)

Last edited:
Oh, you poor soul, living such a tortured existence as you navigate the DIS! :crazy2::scared::scared1: Just because someone beat me to my opinion, I should refrain from posting, what would be the fun in that.

As for those of you truly offended by some of these posts, don’t be afraid to post, question, solicit and/or give advice, as a long time member, we all make up the wonderful DISboards, the good, the bad and the ugly (not directed at anyone in particular, just an expression, an homage to one of my favorite spaghetti westerns)

If you look back a few pages you'll notice that I had already posted that repeating previously stated post was the worst so I was actually making a joke, so calm down and stop picking arguments over trivial things. Also I previously posted that acronyms are the worst so that was another level to the joke.

:thumbsup2 Well done for missing the point

Chris relax, I was laughing at your posts, not picking an argument! Sorry to have offended you.

Good to hear, no need to say sorry, I clearly read it completely wrong.:confused3
I was just working on one of my many plans for our trip and had the caps lock on, typed a whole bunch of stuff on this reply when I noticed it was all caps and that definitely would have conveyed the wrong tone hahaha :rotfl2:

I thought I had made a clearly terrible joke and was a little surprised that anyone would've missed it. I guess everything is down to the tone in which you read something

For whatever reason, YMMV, irritates me. For example: My meals at Ohana have been great, but YMMV.

Or

The crowds in September have always been low when I've gone, but YMMV.

When was the word "experience" swapped for "mileage"? Are we talking about test driving cars or a Disney vacation? It is such a strange toerm to me, but.. YMMV 8-)

Blame car ads. Seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter