What is the most annoying word used here?

It's two words, but what's been bugging me lately is "hands down" (even though I've probably been guilty of using it). As in "hands down, restaurant X has the best XX in WDW," when in fact you can tell that the writer has never even tried the XX at restaurant Y or Z.

This is especially prevalent in the numerous "best steaks" threads. If you haven't eaten at Shula's, Bull & Bear, STK, etc., how can you claim that another restaurant has "hands down" the best steaks?

By the way, I think "inedible" is a valid descriptor when used to describe seriously flawed food (bloody chicken, ammonia-scented fish, pizza with raw dough, etc.). Although rare, I have definitely been served inedible food at WDW and elsewhere.

It's two words, but what's been bugging me lately is "hands down" (even though I've probably been guilty of using it). As in "hands down, restaurant X has the best XX in WDW," when in fact you can tell that the writer has never even tried the XX at restaurant Y or Z.

This is especially prevalent in the numerous "best steaks" threads. If you haven't eaten at Shula's, Bull & Bear, STK, etc., how can you claim that another restaurant has "hands down" the best steaks?

By the way, I think "inedible" is a valid descriptor when used to describe seriously flawed food (bloody chicken, ammonia-scented fish, pizza with raw dough, etc.). Although rare, I have definitely been served inedible food at WDW and elsewhere.

totally agreed

But it's shorter to just type ADR.
Agreed but I'm a Roget's Thesaurus type of person. Should you use one noun in a sentence it sounds less repetitious if you use a different one further along.
As well it can be very confusing for a newbie to understand what that (and other) acronym means:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter