What is the most annoying word used here?

• So many good ones I totally agree with.
  • I do not understand why the ages are needed also when giving a trip report as so many other useless non pertinent info is given out.
  • Show me food pics from.... you can easily find it in less than it takes to type that out.
  • Yummy, just stop it right now.
  • To die for. come on, really.
  • When someone reviews a place and they either liked it or not someone ALWAYS has to oppose and give their past experience of it. They didn't ask for it, just read their review.
  • The family abbreviations irk me to so much, just use dad, mom, etc.
  • Asking strangers who know NOTHING about you, where you should eat and time to eat? What, huh??? That would be like asking a total stranger what to eat.
  • Has anyone ever........ nope never before has anyone ever. At Disney.
  • Kiddos...... makes my blood boil
I'm so happy this thread was brought up. Glad to know there are others that feel this way too.

Last edited:
Dinning.

"Brekkie" is fairly common among the Brits and Australians so that doesn't bug me but I am no fan of "ressie," but it's nothing compared to "restaurant" being shortened to "resto." Don't see that one much.

I'd imagine ages are given in trip reports so that groups with similar ages might understand how the reporter's experiences could relate to them. It's a far different thing to tour or dine with young children than to tour or dine with teens or adults or seniors.

For me it’s when people ask for “tips and tricks,”. As in, “We are doing XYZ for the first time, what are your best tips and tricks. I don’t know why it irritates me so much, but it does to the extent that I can never respond to those posts.

Love this thread. I agree with most everyone.

For me it’s when people ask for “tips and tricks,”. As in, “We are doing XYZ for the first time, what are your best tips and tricks. I don’t know why it irritates me so much, but it does to the extent that I can never respond to those posts.

Love this thread. I agree with most everyone.

Irritates me a bit too because when friends and family ask me this they always ignore my advice and come back mad.

Not limited to this board. But back in the day, multiple posters would answer questions with

"Tour guide Mike. And a link"

What is this Mike's personal advertising minions?

Should I make Reservations for CRT the morning when they open the very first day I can?
"Tour Guide Mike."
Really? Would it have been so difficult to type in "yes?"
As someone who loved TourguideMike back when he was active, I had to thank someone for recommending his website to me. Our vacations improved significantly when we started using his expertise. I panicked in 2015 trying to plan our trip without him. I discovered that everything I learned from him was still with me and it turned out great.

Yes, he was adored. If people were posting his link, it was to be helpful.

As someone who loved TourguideMike back when he was active, I had to thank someone for recommending his website to me. Our vacations improved significantly when we started using his expertise. I panicked in 2015 trying to plan our trip without him. I discovered that everything I learned from him was still with me and it turned out great.

Yes, he was adored. If people were posting his link, it was to be helpful.

I don't consider linking to a paid site when one could easily get the same or better information elsewhere including right here, when instead, someone could have just answered the question helpful. Further, they were linking long after the site wasn't being updated. That wasn't helpful in the least.

I don't consider linking to a paid site when one could easily get the same or better information elsewhere including right here, when instead, someone could have just answered the question helpful. Further, they were linking long after the site wasn't being updated. That wasn't helpful in the least.
Umm hmm, I get what you are saying.

I was trying to explain why people who posted his link were enthusiastic and thought they were being helpful. If you didn’t experience firsthand how his website transformed how people do WDW, I guess it’s hard for you to comprehend.

That’s fine.

Umm hmm, I get what you are saying.

I was trying to explain why people who posted his link were enthusiastic and thought they were being helpful. If you didn’t experience firsthand how his website transformed how people do WDW, I guess it’s hard for you to comprehend.

That’s fine.

If you have to insult peoples ability to comprehend to make an argument, you have no argument. Good evening.

For whatever reason, YMMV, irritates me. For example: My meals at Ohana have been great, but YMMV.

Or

The crowds in September have always been low when I've gone, but YMMV.

When was the word "experience" swapped for "mileage"? Are we talking about test driving cars or a Disney vacation? It is such a strange term to me, but.. YMMV 8-)

I just read this whole thread and found it very entertaining. Thanks for starting it, OP!

Oh, and "dinning" and "ressie" are my personally least-favorite words found on the DIS.

I am from the UK and yes, we do say brekkie for breakfast, but I have never heard the word ressie used before and clearly I speak on behalf of the ENTIRE United Kingdom ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter