***The Official October 2016 Thread***

I just wanted to give a heads up! I received an email today about refurbishments that will be happening at POP during my trip in Oct (24th- Nov 5th). I wasn't aware they were doing to be doing any refurbs. I don't know how many of us this will impact.

Also had to add that I'm pretty excited that my husband and I have decided I should upgrade to an annual pass! We've decided to take our children in April as my husband's 30th birthday celebration instead of throwing him a party. It'll be his and the kids' first time going. Just the savings of the PhotoPass for two trips make up the upgrade cost. This also led us to decide that I should go for my birthday with a friend before the pass expires! So one conversation inspired two more trips! It's possible we have Disney fever at our house.

Last edited:
99 Days! Double figures. Woooooo hoooo!:banana:

I'm offsite (Universal Cabana) 10/19-10/23, AoA 10/23-10/27 (first time) then home to POR 10/27-11/3.

Phew, I'm English and it was really hard getting the dates set up in the right order there! (We put the month second.)

Thank you both. I've just read about Hurricane Sandy after reading some of that very entertaining trip report and far out that was worse than I expected - particularly as it happened exactly when we are planning to visit both Orlando and NYC. Food for thought, thank you for your time & advice :)

Not only did we live in FL for 5 years (hurricane Hugo) but after we moved to MI we visited Disney every year attending MNSSHP during the last week of October/first week of November many times over and have never had an issue with hurricanes. I know you mean well to play it safe & come prepared which are all good but what scares me are the crowds not the weather. You'll be fine. Keep your eye on the forecast, pack accordingly and have a great trip!

99 Days! Double figures. Woooooo hoooo!:banana:

I'm offsite (Universal Cabana) 10/19-10/23, AoA 10/23-10/27 (first time) then home to POR 10/27-11/3.

Phew, I'm English and it was really hard getting the dates set up in the right order there! (We put the month second.)

Haha, thank you for the immense effort in doing that for me!:rotfl2:

We too will be splitting our time! Our first 3 nights will be at Cabana Bay then we travel over to POFQ for our last 7 nights!!

oh wow, didn't realize it would be that difficult. There are 11 of us, 2 wheelchairs and a stroller so this could be more than we bargained for. May have to find something else to do that night!! thank you so much for the information

Alamo Car rental at Dolphin or catch a bus to Downtown Disney (DTD) area: Hilton/Avis (LB3), Wyndham/Dollar Rental
You also have Uber and Lyft .

Why did it take me so long to find this thread? Awesome info, thank you! We will be at the Beach Club from 10/16-10/21, then checking into a one-bedroom villa at Kidani Village from 10/21-10/24! :)

I Know! I just found it too.

Excited to be returning October 23-26 at the Port Orleans French Quarter for my first trip since May 2012! I booked on Priceline a few weeks ago and it will be my 3rd stay at a moderate (my 2 previous moderate stays were Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans Riverside). My last 2 Disney trips were out to Disneyland, but I can't wait to see everything new that I've missed at the World since I last visited (New Fantasyland and New Test Track mainly). This will be my first WDW trip since going with my family in 2006 where I won't be solo the entire trip. Have friends meeting me for the first two days, then I'll spend the last day and a half solo (my return flight is at 7PM). I booked in October specifically for the Food & Wine festival, so I will be spending most of my time at Epcot. I will not be doing MNSSHP due to the new tiered pricing (I'll put the money I'm savings towards drinks at Epcot!)

Cheers!:drinking1:drinking1

Will be 10:00 this year per the Hallowishes Dessert Party info. I believe they changed the time last year to accommodate the parade viewing included with the dessert party (to allow folks ample time to get from the preferred viewing area to the dessert party, and time to enjoy dessert before the fireworks started).
Thanks for the info! I have a reservation for the dessert party this year and didn't realize that the fireworks time had changed.

Good morning October Travelers!

I'm sorry I've been slacking a little bit on the updating, I've been having computer issues and its really difficult to do the updates from my phone. BUT, alas, I have updated the roll-call and also added a lot of new information to the F&W section! If anyone has any additional information they feel is important to have noted in the section please let me know.

There's a lot of information on the Epcot Food & Wine Festival on the restaurant board. You're welcome to use any of the information from posts $1, #2, #3, and #4.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/20...stival-september-14-november-14-2016.3518694/

We're Oct 23-28, staying off-site Hilton Bonnet Creek property - using Hilton buses. Wanted to see if people think these plans are reasonable or too aggressive. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Party is me, wife, daughters 8 1/2 and 5 1/2 and mother-in-law mid-60s. 5-day park hopper. One night MNSSHP. Already have ADR listed below.

Sun Oct 23 arrive MCO at 12:30pm. Plan to arrive at MK 3pm and stay until 7pm. Eat at counter service and only stay in Fantasyland

Mon Oct 24 HS - arrive for rope drop. Lunch at 50s PT Diner 11:30am. Leave Park at 2pm. Rest, swim at hotel. EP for evening. Dinner at Marrakesh 6pm. Stay for Illuminations.

Tues Oct 25 AK - morning. Yak & Yeti lunch 11:45am. Leave Park at 2pm. Rest at hotel. MK at 6pm. Be Our Guest at 6:20pm. MNSSHP - was going to do this our last night, but because we got BOG, we're doing the party this day.

Wed Oct 26 EP - whenever we get there. Askershus 11:45 lunch. Leave park at 2pm. Rest, swim at hotel. Return to EP at night or possibly go back to HS for Fantasmic.

Thurs Oct 27 MK - Plaza for lunch - have res now, but I know it's going counter service by the time we visit, so may change this if there's anything else available. Goal is to do all of the other lands we haven't done. Leave park when everyone's tired. Rest, swim at hotel. Leaving kids with grammy for night and going to Downtown Disney w wife.

Fri Oct 28 - relaxed morning at hotel. Leave for airport at 10:30am. Depart MCO at 1:15pm.

Too Aggressive - Not at all! Is this your first MNSSHP? I love you guys taking time for yourself - great move!

Too Aggressive - Not at all! Is this your first MNSSHP? I love you guys taking time for yourself - great move!

Yes. It is our first MNSSHP.

Our first trip we went to MVMCP. There was a light rain. We didn't do too much of the Christmas activities b/c we wanted to stay dry. But, we felt like we had Fantasyland to ourselves.

party:Holy cow, can't believe it'll be time to book FP next month! Also on the plus side, I have the cutest coupon book I've put together for the kids thanks to the Creative DISigns board. Some free stuff like a coin for the wishing well, pick the next ride, a safari ride, and, of course, many "take a break" ones and some not-free stuff like pick a pearl, special treat, and build your own lightsaber. Can't wait!

Last edited:
party:Holy cow, can't believe it'll be time to book FP next month! Also on the plus side, I have the cutest coupon book I've put together for the kids thanks to the Creative DISigns board. Some free stuff like a coin for the wishing well, pick the next ride, a safari ride, and, of course, many "take a break" ones and some not-free stuff like pick a pearl, special treat, and build your own lightsaber. Can't wait!
Loooooove the coupon book idea!!!!

Yes. It is our first MNSSHP.

Our first trip we went to MVMCP. There was a light rain. We didn't do too much of the Christmas activities b/c we wanted to stay dry. But, we felt like we had Fantasyland to ourselves.

Not sure if you have seen this thread but I think it will help you out: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...y-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/
Cheers!

So is everyone believing the 7:00 p.m. closing time for AK in October? I am having the hardest time planning our evenings not knowing if I can trust the posted hours (HS, too...they must be continuing the SW Fireworks, right??????). So frustrating.

PS: Sorry if there are other comments on this already (I'm sure there are)...I haven't read back through everything! :blush:

So is everyone believing the 7:00 p.m. closing time for AK in October? I am having the hardest time planning our evenings not knowing if I can trust the posted hours (HS, too...they must be continuing the SW Fireworks, right??????). So frustrating.

PS: Sorry if there are other comments on this already (I'm sure there are)...I haven't read back through everything! :blush:
Both are only updated through Labor Day as of now, but expect both the SW fireworks and night hours at AK will continue. Unfortunately, it may be August before we have details.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter