The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

How will we find out if the free dining of offered? Not sure where to look or how to find out....

We're hoping to get to WDW this August and Free dining would make it easier on the wallet. Does anyone remember what the free dining promotion dates were? We're looking at mid August.

Subscribing!

We are already booked for Decmeber. Does any know if they have offered free dinning for December?

I'd love to have a free dining promo come my way. ;) I've missed out on it in the past and would love to give it a try. I would love for it to hit in late Sept. or October so DH and I could go for a quick little trip.

I am also hoping for free dining. Either way the 5 of us will be staying at Poly. I got the 40% off code for August 23-August 29 but free dining will save us a little more money. Either way we are getting enough of a deal to finally stay there.

I am also hoping for free dining. Either way the 5 of us will be staying at Poly. I got the 40% off code for August 23-August 29 but free dining will save us a little more money. Either way we are getting enough of a deal to finally stay there.

Able to stay at the Poly with 40% off? I wish I had your problems :laughing: I have 6 people, need 2 rooms, and got no discount on anything, unless you count AAA, which works out to about $250 off my whole trip after I pay the membership fee. Free dining would be an absolute Godsend for me :)

I'm hopping on the FD train. I talked to a CM last night and he said he wasnt sure. They did the free dining b/c of Katrina and last year when they did it, it was to draw people back during the hurricane season.... but no rain at all last year. So he was not sure. Not even a rumor he said. He was a great guy.

No rain last year is what scares me. Last year when we went the last week of Sept - first of Oct we never got rained on once so my biggest fear is that there will be twice as much rain this year and we’ll end up not getting free DDP.

My dh doesn't want to go this year if free dining isn't offered. He loves Disney as well, but he's...ahem...frugal...yeah, that's the word, and was spoiled last year...lol. He wants to eat at LeCellier and Crystal Palace only for 10 days. (NOT happening) Free Dining would cost our family almost 1700 dollars (5 people 10 days)...so a HUGE deal for us. I might need a tranquilizer if I don't get my Disney fix this year. :sad: :scared: :faint: It's killing me that I haven't booked already!

btw...about the rain...September isn't usually a rainy month...only when there are depressions and hurricanes. So I'd say if those were not a factor at the time of your vacation, then you should just expect normal summer afternoon showers.

The year before (not last year but 2 years ago) when they first offered free dining it rained a lot. We even bought a pin for our lanyards that was Mickey in one of the yellow rain ponchos (really rubbery feeling like a poncho). We would put our ponchos on in the morning and sometimes you'd be able to take them off by noon and then back on in the evening :( We still had fun....but it was different since we never have ran in to that before. We have pictures of the parade in the rain....I'll be all those fuzzy animals were miserable in those costumes soaking wet.

Able to stay at the Poly with 40% off? I wish I had your problems :laughing: I have 6 people, need 2 rooms, and got no discount on anything, unless you count AAA, which works out to about $250 off my whole trip after I pay the membership fee. Free dining would be an absolute Godsend for me :)

Same here, needing 2 rooms is a killer! Free Dining lessens the financial pinch for our family of 6.

Same here, needing 2 rooms is a killer! Free Dining lessens the financial pinch for our family of 6.
This year in May our family will be down from NY so we needed two rooms. We are DVC members and I booked a two bedroom which holds 8 with my points. We still needed more so they rented 1,026 points and we got anouther two bedroom at the BCV. Saved them alot of money. However in Aug if they get the free dinning DH and I will stay at POR. We are simple eaters so we never buy the dinning plan. We eat alot of counter service. Plus the one and two bedrooms at DVC have full kitchens. We were looking foward to trying the free dining this year though because we missed it the past 2 years.:sad2: I am from Fl. would be willing to go through a catagory 1 hurricane for free dining.:rolleyes1

Subscribbing........ Just requested Vacation time, for Sept 8-16,, Lets hope Free Dining happens

hey guys, just spoke with my AAA agent and she says she doesn't think they'll be offering the free dining this year :sad2: she says she spoke with someone in Disney and they're probably going to do the free water parks add on again....of course her info is probably about as reliable as everyone else LOL :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter