The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

what does it mean when people are saying "subscribing" in their posts? I am still learning how to navigate this website. :wizard:

hey guys, just spoke with my AAA agent and she says she doesn't think they'll be offering the free dining this year :sad2: she says she spoke with someone in Disney and they're probably going to do the free water parks add on again....of course her info is probably about as reliable as everyone else LOL :rotfl2:

I hate to say it, but unless you know this AAA agent has really trustworthy info, I'd trust the folks at Unofficial Guide.

Or maybe I love to say it, because I'm optimistic about free dining now!

goofy613, to subscribe, you click on the "thread tools" on the message toolbar, and can opt to get email when the thread is posted on.

what does it mean when people are saying "subscribing" in their posts? I am still learning how to navigate this website. :wizard:
Subscibing means once you post on a thread you can click on the quick links across the top tab and go to subscribed threads and all the ones you posted on will be there. then you just click on the one you want and you can keep up with all the new post on that thread. Welcome to the DIS:goodvibes

rumor is Free Dining will be August 26 Through September 22...... from touringplans website, i can't post the link as I don't have a 10 post count...

We arrive September 22 - September 29.... Always a week too late.... we can't change due to work conflicts......

rumor is Free Dining will be August 26 Through September 22...... from touringplans website, i can't post the link as I don't have a 10 post count...

We arrive September 22 - September 29.... Always a week too late.... we can't change due to work conflicts......

I was going to book that same week because of when free dining was offered last year, but dad requested off the wrong week(8-16), but now I guess it's a good thing.

If you arrive the last day of the promotion then using last year as a guide, you will be able to have dining your length of stay as long as it isn't over 10 days.
So, if you check in on the 22nd, you should have dining for up to 10 days thereafter...IF the plan is the same as last year's.

If the free dining is true, you will be all set. You onl y have to start your vacation by the last date of the promotion which is 9/22, therefore, you will have free dining for you wholw trip. Keep your fingers crossed.:cheer2:

Subscibing means once you post on a thread you can click on the quick links across the top tab and go to subscribed threads and all the ones you posted on will be there. then you just click on the one you want and you can keep up with all the new post on that thread. Welcome to the DIS:goodvibes

Actually, you don't even have to post to subscribe :)

I thought that as long as your first day is within free dining dates - you're whole stay will be. From everything I have read, if these end up being the dates - you're in! (someone will surely correct me if I am incorrect!) :thumbsup2
-mary

Sorry! gave the same answer as ruthma - just a few minutes late! :goodvibes

(If there were anyway for me to go for free dining, my tentative "start" date is Sept 22 too!). Would love to add the Halloween party during the week also! :cool1:

mary

We are booked for the first part of October but I have a plan in place for an earlier week if free dining is offered. It would be SO nice to save the money on dining!!! An extra night and more Disney goodies to bring home!! :cool1:

Keeping fingers and toes and everything else crossed.

We'll be there Sept 17-21 I would so go for the free dining. Just me and DH for our 15th anniversary.....No kids:banana:

We are also planning to go on Sept 22 - Sept 30....oh I just wish the news would come out offically!:)

Oh man...I hope the rumors are true, but really wish the dates ran earlier in August. I already have reservations starting on 8/21. I guess we might have to do 8/21-8/26 with the 40% discount and then start a new reservation with free DDP. Maybe get the best of both worlds?

Just talked to a nutty women at Disney, I ask her about the FD. Of course she didn't know anything about it but did say it was highly unlikely as they are really busy even into Sept - Oct. She said that marketing is the one that make that desion, and from the projected attendence in was unlikey. Let's just hope that she was just nutty. :)

We had the free dining the last two years & it was wonderful! We tried so many new TS restaurants that we probably wouldn't have. This year we got the 40% for AKL & we're paying for the dining plan, so free dining wouldn't save us any money (unless we change resorts...which won't happen!!:lmao: ). But I still hope it happens for those who can use it! It's a great plan even if you have to pay for it!!
:wizard:

From touringplans web site

"Free dining may return
We ain't guaranteeing anything. If we were the wagering type, however, we'd bet that free dining will be returning for travel dates 8/26 through 9/22, if booked 4/12 through 6/24. As always, those dates are subject to change.
Posted 2007-03-15"

I was hoping for free dining to start earlier. We're going Aug 11th-21st. If we get free dining then I was going to switch from the Swan to a mod to save $$$. It was going to make the decision making easier. If we don't get free dining I have to decide whether to stay at the Swan (with a great price) or switch to a mod and get the DDP???? I don't want to have to decide... We haven't been to Disney in so long that I don't know what is best for our family of 7...:confused3 :confused3

So still hoping for free dining....

A friend who is a CM says free dining will be offered again but with more limited dates which supports the rumor of dates so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter