The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

I'm another one hoping for free dining. We are going no matter what, but it would be nice to save $600 ! I may add park hoppers and water parks if free dining comes out!:goodvibes :surfweb: :hourglass

Question:

If I book now and wait for the offer will they adjust it with no fees or deductions for adjusting the reservation???

You would have to call back and request the new offer. I don't think you'd have to worry about any fees as long as the changes were made 45 days prior to check-in. Also, usually anytime you make a change to your reservation that generates a higher price, they don't charge a fee.

However, please keep in mind that if everyone keeps booking in anticipation of free DDP...it will create higher occupancy levels and therefore shoot us in the foot!

Count us in too ....

We are at the Dolphin (on points) from 11/10 to 11/17 but a free dining offer might be enough for me to switch to rack rate at another rersort.

subscribing....

We are going Sept 16 - 22. Free dining would be nice. We had it last year with our vacation and it was great. If free dining is not offered hopefully they will have another good offer for us.

Steph

Free dining will allow us to go! It was great last year and I hope to see it again....SOON!!

and since the green thread has a meet planned the last week of August...it will really help more of us to go!

Count us in too ....

We are at the Dolphin (on points) from 11/10 to 11/17 but a free dining offer might be enough for me to switch to rack rate at another deluxe resort.

Waiting not so patiently here:rolleyes1 . If free dining comes out we'll be surprising the kids at the end of Sept with a trip if not we'll be waiting until Jan.

Count us in as well!!! We went last year during Free Dining just because the offer was too good to pass up. Have been dying to take advantage of free dining again.

Another one waiting for free dining :) We really really need free dining this year to stay on site as we're booking two rooms, instead of just one. My MIL got the 40% off code and I was tempted to book it...but I'm going to wait until April and then if no free dining we'll stay offsite.

Free dining would save us about 525. I'd probably book a few extras for DD4, and have a few $ left over. I posted a thread asking if free dining was offered, and the new offer required you to buy length of stay passes, if this was still a great deal for AP holders. Nobody responded, except someone who said they've only had to buy one day passes in the past. I know that, I just want to know if it would still be a good deal *if* they required length of stay passes this year. The UK offer required more than one day passes, so who knows?

We're AP holders, light eaters, booked a AAA rate at POP for six nights during value season, and we usually eat mostly counter service. So, even if all that's required is buying a one-day one-park pass, I'll need to do the math to know whether free dining would mean significant savings for us.

But hey, I'm good with spreadsheets, and would love to have to do that math! And if it's offered I'll probably take it even if it's not a big savings for us, because I think it would be great to check out all the TS places that are usually beyond our reach.

We're waiting patiently for the free-dining offer too! :woohoo:

I've also heard that the offer was announced last year around the end of March.

we are going anyway Aug 29th -Sept 5th I already booked all my ADR, it would be wonderful not to have to pay for dining, for the 5 of us.

The UK offer required more than one day passes, so who knows?

The UK offer wouldnt have saved us much at all this year! It required us to book a package (instead of booking flights and hotel seperate) and get a pass for the entire length of our stay,because we are AP holders it didnt work out a good deal!

Im booked in the dolphin now for 10 nights but we are also going to POFQ for 3 nights so im hoping for free dining too!

We normally go every-other-year, but would be very tempted to squeeze an extra trip in this summer if dining were offered again. We enjoyed it sooo much last year. We figured out that we would about break even if we paid OOP for our meals or paid for the dining plan, but the dining plan for free saves us about $1100 (4 "adults" 7 nights). Heck, if it's offered, maybe we'll stay even longer (the longer we stay, the more we save and the more we eat :thumbsup2 ).

I'm hoping for free dining as well, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If it isn't offered, then we'll probably end up paying for the DDP.

We are ready to go August 16-23 and have purchased the DDP. We be thrilled if they make dining free! We'll just wait and see!

I am soooooo hoping for free dining. My dh said that is the only way we can go. We're looking at the end of August. :) :goodvibes :goodvibes

Please, please have free dining and hurry and let us know soon!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter