So, Who Is Going, and Did You Go on the 1st One?

HI Chris -

Glad to have you & your family joining us all on the cruise. This is my first cruise, so I can't offer any advice on traveling with the toddler, but I'm sure there are many many podcasters who will have their little ones in tow.

Ok...I am taking the plunge!

Not literally...I hope to stay on the boat!

I am going solo! But might find me a roommie! :rolleyes1

Either way, I have a stateroom booked and I will be there!

I think I posted on this thread way back when it first started. But now it's a no kids trip ;) And i'll for sure be going, dh i'm still working on. But the cabin is booked and deposit made for 2 people :cool1:

Hello All,

I just submitted my request for my dd who will be 7 at time of cruise and myself (sortof a 40th birthday present to myself) for a Cat 7 stateroom! We will be first time cruisers but long time WDW fans. I guess it's good that we have 18 months to plan because I'm clueless when it comes to cruising! I have been listening to the podcast since the beginning but have not hung out here on the Podcast boards. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Any advice for what research/planning to start this early???

Thanks!
Jennifer :goodvibes

Hello All,

I just submitted my request for my dd who will be 7 at time of cruise and myself (sortof a 40th birthday present to myself) for a Cat 7 stateroom! We will be first time cruisers but long time WDW fans. I guess it's good that we have 18 months to plan because I'm clueless when it comes to cruising! I have been listening to the podcast since the beginning but have not hung out here on the Podcast boards. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Thanks!

Best piece of advice I have (the first podcast cruise was my first cruise) is to not hesitate to ask any question you have. Chances are if you have it, someone else does to. Oh and post. It helps you get to know folks.

Hello All,

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer -

This is my first cruise too. I am so excited - I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to wait 500+ days

The first that I did is read all the posts on this Podcast forum. Then I checked out the sticky note from Kevin for the links for new cruisers. Then I checked out the Disney cruise line forum. And lastly - I checked the Disney website. :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

there is so much info to take in - I think we will need the 500 days to figure it all out. :lmao:

Hi Jennifer -

This is my first cruise too. I am so excited - I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to wait 500+ days

The first that I did is read all the posts on this Podcast forum. Then I checked out the sticky note from Kevin for the links for new cruisers. Then I checked out the Disney cruise line forum. And lastly - I checked the Disney website. :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

there is so much info to take in - I think we will need the 500 days to figure it all out. :lmao:

I don't know how I'll ever wait 538 days (or whatever it is now) either!

My dd is very excited.

I've done all the things you've mentioned above also-except for reading the discussion thread-Still need to do that! :surfweb: . Plus I have some DCL travel books (I've always wanted an excuse to go on a DCL cruise!). I'm a teensy bit OCD when it comes to trip planning so time to start the obsessing :goodvibes

What I really want is to read some trip reports from the last cruise. Anyone know where to find any???

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know all of you. I know it's early but I am eager to participate in all the fun activities I know are in store on this cruise!!

I don't know how I'll ever wait 538 days (or whatever it is now) either!

What I really want is to read some trip reports from the last cruise. Anyone know where to find any???

Thanks and looking forward to getting to know all of you. I know it's early but I am eager to participate in all the fun activities I know are in store on this cruise!!

You can find cruise trip reports on the second sub-forum on the DIS cruise forum. There is one there from a first time cruiser who was on the 4 night cruise recently. :surfweb:

We're booked and my daughter is already planning! (She 7).

We do have one decision to make. To bring the 19 month old (at time of sailing) or not.

We are first time DCL cruisers, I have cruised on RCL before, but not with the family.

It'll be my, my wife, 8 Year Old daughter, 6 year old son, and maybe the baby.

Can't WAIT!!!

Chris

Welcome!

I just returned from a 2nd DCL cruise. DH and I did 1.0 and then had a big family cruise last week. We took our 6yo DD, 3yoDS, and 9mo DS. If you have any questions, just let me know. One suggestion, get a 2nd room. It worked out great!

Hi-

We will be on our first Podcast with this trip with DH, DD7 and DD4 (at the time of the trip). We are very excited.

DH and I will be taking a DCL 10 year anniversary cruise in Sept to get our feet wet and hopefully have things run smootly when we take the kids next year.

Thanks for all the information we are finding!

I have finally convinced DF to book for next year's cruise! This will be both of our first cruises. I am a little afraid of getting seasick :sick: The only time I have been on a boat before I took Dramamine beforehand and slept the whole time! (Note to self: look for non-drowsy formula next time...) I am hoping that all the activities that are planned will keep me from thinking about it too much. I can't wait!

I have finally convinced DF to book for next year's cruise! This will be both of our first cruises. I am a little afraid of getting seasick :sick: The only time I have been on a boat before I took Dramamine beforehand and slept the whole time! (Note to self: look for non-drowsy formula next time...) I am hoping that all the activities that are planned will keep me from thinking about it too much. I can't wait!

That was my fear on my first cruise. I get very sick on small boats. We took a catamaran to St. John once and it was very unpleasant. I brought everything imaginable with me on my first cruise. Ginger, dramamine, sea sick bands, the patch. I was a little lightheaded the first night so I took 1 dramamine. After that I couldn't even tell the ship was moving.

Hi-

We will be on our first Podcast with this trip with DH, DD7 and DD4 (at the time of the trip). We are very excited.

DH and I will be taking a DCL 10 year anniversary cruise in Sept to get our feet wet and hopefully have things run smootly when we take the kids next year.

Thanks for all the information we are finding!

We did the same thing this year. We went without kids in May and with kids in June. It was great!

Hi all -

PCC 2.0 will be my first cruise! I'm all signed up and the deposit is paid.

I'm bringing my best friend from college -- who hasn't even heard of the podcast. I told her the podcast connection was just a reduced-price, group space thing. I'll tell her what it really means when we land in Orlando. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. ;)

I know nothing about cruising, but I'm ready to start reading all of these threads!

Hi all -

PCC 2.0 will be my first cruise! I'm all signed up and the deposit is paid.

I'm bringing my best friend from college -- who hasn't even heard of the podcast. I told her the podcast connection was just a reduced-price, group space thing. I'll tell her what it really means when we land in Orlando. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. ;)

I know nothing about cruising, but I'm ready to start reading all of these threads!

:welcome: to the family. Pull up a chair, grab a slice of :cake:, and feel free to ask anything your heart desires. Hopefully someone here will have an answer for you.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks very much for the kind welcome! (Not to cause trouble, but I do prefer pie to cake. :rotfl:)

I don't have any specific questions at the moment. I don't even know what I don't know! But I'm sure I'll have some soon.

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

Deposit is paid, room is assigned and I am sooooo excited. Now I have to keep it a secret from my family- I really want to surprise them with this trip.
We have never been on a cruise and I think the kids will really like it!

:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

Deposit is paid, room is assigned and I am sooooo excited. Now I have to keep it a secret from my family- I really want to surprise them with this trip.
We have never been on a cruise and I think the kids will really like it!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome Aboard Kelly & Allygirl_79! Jump right on in and get to know us online before the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter