• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

So, Who Is Going, and Did You Go on the 1st One?

If you think you will have a second person but are not sure who it will be yet, ask Tracy if DCL will allow you to list the second person as TBA. I know other cruise lines allow this but I've never done it wilth DCL, so I don't know if they do. You would still have to pay the deposit for both but will be able to add the second name later. And if it turns out that you will go solo, you can just remove the second person. Or you could just book yourself and add the second person later. You could always ask Tracy what she would recommend to lock in the best rate. She is the expert.

When I requested a quote, I did give the name of the second person in the cabin as "to be determined." Tracy didn't say anything about that when I got the official quote from her yesterday.

I know my husband won't want to go on the cruise. My oldest daughter will have used her vacation days for the cruise we're taking in June 2010, and my younger daughter will still be in college. I have no clue what my son will be doing 18 months from now, but a Disney cruise wouldn't be that appealing to him. So....:confused3

Our kids are adults too. We just booked 2 cabins- one for DH and I and the other in the names of our sons. I seriously doubt either of them will be able to go by then. They should both be out of college and working.
BUT... we are trying to convince friends of ours to go instead. ;) And we figure we have until 90 days prior to the cruise to make final decisions, name changes, etc.
I wanted to be safe, not sorry, about having friends or family go with us. If we end up giving up the other cabin- at least we will have the whole DIS family along!!!!!

Good points!

When I requested a quote, I did give the name of the second person in the cabin as "to be determined." Tracy didn't say anything about that when I got the official quote from her yesterday.

I know my husband won't want to go on the cruise. My oldest daughter will have used her vacation days for the cruise we're taking in June 2010, and my younger daughter will still be in college. I have no clue what my son will be doing 18 months from now, but a Disney cruise wouldn't be that appealing to him. So....:confused3

Sounds like you already know the ins and outs. :)

Booking now will lock in the lowest rate. Once DU exhausts their currently supply of group rate rooms, the price may go up. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Just trying to gage if anyone is taking kids? This will be our first podcast and it would need to include the kids...DD 7 and 4. Everyone seems to be leaving them...

I have my quote, just need to make a deposit.

Jonereno and brandylouwho...I am actually from Green Bay.

Our 10 year old son will be joining us. He's been with us on two cruises already, and he loved the kids programs on Disney. Your kids are going to have a great time!

Our deposit went in yesterday... we're officially in!

Jon

Just trying to gage if anyone is taking kids? This will be our first podcast and it would need to include the kids...DD 7 and 4. Everyone seems to be leaving them...

I have my quote, just need to make a deposit.

Jonereno and brandylouwho...I am actually from Green Bay.

We brought both our boy's on the first, and are taking them on the second as well. They loved the cruise! They are already saying they can't wait for the next one. God help us, we have created cruise monsters.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
They spent so much time in the kid's club/lab that I said to DH so this is what it is like being a couple.
Don't worry about it, bring them.. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you already know the ins and outs. :)

Booking now will lock in the lowest rate. Once DU exhausts their currently supply of group rate rooms, the price may go up. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I paid the deposit this evening and left the 2nd person unnamed, so we'll see what happens in the next 18 months. I have booked and cancelled quite a few Disney cruises, so I can't guarantee that I'll actually go on this one!

Put our deposit down yesterday!! WooHoo:cheer2: Will be doing our first land/sea combo:yay:

I paid the deposit this evening and left the 2nd person unnamed, so we'll see what happens in the next 18 months. I have booked and cancelled quite a few Disney cruises, so I can't guarantee that I'll actually go on this one!

Put our deposit down yesterday!! WooHoo:cheer2: Will be doing our first land/sea combo:yay:

Very nice. :thumbsup2 Welcome. :)

Awesome!

Hope to see you on the cruise.

I do enjoy DCL but I also enjoyed my Royal Caribbean cruises just as much. But the podcast cruise was amazing because I was with my Dis friends. The people I was cruising with made it the best experience. You will get to know many of the folks going on the cruise through their posts and then feel like your meeting up with old friends. And the podcast events are great as well of course.

Awesome!

Hope to see you on the cruise.

I do enjoy DCL but I also enjoyed my Royal Caribbean cruises just as much. But the podcast cruise was amazing because I was with my Dis friends. The people I was cruising with made it the best experience. You will get to know many of the folks going on the cruise through their posts and then feel like your meeting up with old friends. And the podcast events are great as well of course.

I have wanted to go on a Disney cruise at holiday time for years, but didn't have a roommate. That's why past MouseFest cruises were booked and subsequently cancelled. My only Disney cruise was with my 82-year-old mom in 2008, and I'm sorry to say that it wasn't a particularly fun cruise. The Podcast cruise definitely looks like a fun group of people!

I booked!! :cool1::woohoo: I did not go on the first one, and can not miss the second!! :thumbsup2

I booked!! :cool1::woohoo: I did not go on the first one, and can not miss the second!! :thumbsup2

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME
Don't let all the talk of those of us on the first cruise confuse you. We couldn't keep up with everything either. Can't wait to meet some more new friends!!:banana::banana:

Woo hoo! The deposit is paid so we are really going. Can't wait - there will be 14 of us....yes talked the family into going...though it didn't take much talking just mentioned we were going on the cruise and they all want to tag along..so much fun!

Woo hoo! The deposit is paid so we are really going. Can't wait - there will be 14 of us....yes talked the family into going...though it didn't take much talking just mentioned we were going on the cruise and they all want to tag along..so much fun!

14!!! Holy canoli!!!

14? Who am I missing? I know of 9 or 10 of you. Let me know who else should be linked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter