September 2008 code watch

When are you leaving for your Sept. vacation?

• Aug 28 or earlier

• Sept 1st-7th

• Sept 8th-14th

• Sept 15th-21st

• Sept 22nd-28th

• Sept 29th- first week of Oct.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to wait until Thurs to book. I just got off the phone with my TA and she is not in the office until Thurs. I told the other person the codes and that my heart is set to stay at POP.

Those of you who have booked already did you have to cancel and get a new ressie or was it just applied to your already booked stay?

We are already booked and hoping she only has to add the free dining.

Added FD to my package this morning! On hold forever but I didn't have to rebook. They just put me on hold to verify my original res. was made with my Disney Visa and came back with my new total.

Well my hopes for FD for my parents have been dashed. We check in on the 27th because that was the last day of the bounceback but FD only goes through the 20th. I heard on the Free Dining Watch thread that POFQ is already sold out for the Disney Visa allotment of rooms and they may not add more for the general public. That kinda sucks.

Got FD!! I had to rebook because I made my original reservation with a different card. The CM was very helpful and was actually a little miffed at Disney becuase their system didn't allow her to add my Disney visa and use my original deposit as a payment. She didn't ask for a code, just signed me with a new ressie.

I got the same resort, room type, package, etc and save me some money!

TA just emailed me to say she was on the phone changing my reservation for FD!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I am sooooo doing the happy dance now!:banana: :banana: :banana: Staying @ POP Aug 30-Sept 6! :yay:

Got FD!! I had to rebook because I made my original reservation with a different card. The CM was very helpful and was actually a little miffed at Disney becuase their system didn't allow her to add my Disney visa and use my original deposit as a payment. She didn't ask for a code, just signed me with a new ressie.

I got the same resort, room type, package, etc and save me some money!

I paid my original $200 with another card, but my CM just had me pay another $200 with my VISA card.
I kept my original ressie. :banana:

I have to wait until Thurs to book. I just got off the phone with my TA and she is not in the office until Thurs. I told the other person the codes and that my heart is set to stay at POP.

Those of you who have booked already did you have to cancel and get a new ressie or was it just applied to your already booked stay?

I hope you get POP. I bet you're so excited!!! Yay for Free Dining!:thumbsup2

TA just emailed me to say she was on the phone changing my reservation for FD!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: I am sooooo doing the happy dance now!:banana: :banana: :banana: Staying @ POP Aug 30-Sept 6! :yay:

Yay! Don't you just love it when it all works out!:banana: Have a great trip! You leave the day we arrive!:)

Just saw the email 15 minutes ago for free dining! Trying to get my DF to book it today before the place closes (if I remember correctly, they close at 6 PM PST on weekdays). And I can't do it from work. So I'm crossing my fingers.

I dont have the Disney Visa but my sis does.. I want everything in my name so i can be in control of the res.. i just prefer that way....

before I have my sister call, do you think it would be Ok if i waited and called myself first thing 7am on wed? do they only "pre-sell" so many rooms for Disney Visa card holders or do they release all the rooms and if a million card holders call and get them they just sell out?? :confused3

thx...

I hope you get POP. I bet you're so excited!!! Yay for Free Dining!:thumbsup2

Yay! Don't you just love it when it all works out!:banana: Have a great trip! You leave the day we arrive!:)

Sorry I still don't know how to quote!

I know...I'm so excited! :woohoo: The last week has been absolutely crazy and this just totally made my day! Plus my Unofficial Guide just came in today and I should be studying for 2 tests tomorrow but now all I want to do is plan! I need to get my butt off this computer or I'm going to be in big trouble!:rotfl: I hope you have a great trip too!:)

I dont have the Disney Visa but my sis does.. I want everything in my name so i can be in control of the res.. i just prefer that way....

before I have my sister call, do you think it would be Ok if i waited and called myself first thing 7am on wed? do they only "pre-sell" so many rooms for Disney Visa card holders or do they release all the rooms and if a million card holders call and get them they just sell out?? :confused3

thx...

I think you should probably be ok (IMO), but me being the control freak type person, I would be so paranoid I'd have to book now!:rotfl: Although I remember reading on another post that a woman tried to book for the week before we go at POP and they told her they were sold out...and that was I think a week or two ago! I don't really know what to tell you to do. If your booking over the phone though, can you just call and pretend you are your sister? Will she lend you her card?

OK, I REALLY need to get off of here and go study!:rotfl2:
Good Luck and let us know what happens!:wizard:

I booked it!!! :cool1:

We are going Sept 13th through the 20th... booked 3 rooms (preferred rooms-we paid about $12 extra per day to get the better/closer room) All we had to do is put the deposit down using my sis's card.. so that was $200 per room. after that we can use any other card to pay the balance or any remaining deposits. It turned out to be a great deal!

so check it out.. They sent everyone an email confirmation. it went over the details of the trip. It didnt break it down by price but... It said Travel Insurance was included. that means they included without asking if we wanted it. I dont know how i feel about that. They also said we have until april 21st to cancel without a penalty fee ( we are not cancelling) lol and we have to have it paid off by july 30th...

what should i do about the travel insurance??
Oh and also, FYI- they told me POP was sold out (at least for preferred rooms) Im not sure about standard. Se we booked All Star Movies. thats fine cause ive never stayed there before. She also told me, if i would have waited until thursday I probably wouldnt have had a problem booking the 3 rooms at ASM.

hey, either way Im happy! Thanks for all your help! you guys have been great!!

:rotfl:

We were already booked with our room and park tickets before the free dining offer came out. Our TA just added the free dining to our current reservations. So we didn't need to cancel our current ressie for a new one to get the free dining offer.

We are going Sept 13th through the 20th... booked 3 rooms (preferred rooms-we paid about $12 extra per day to get the better/closer room) All we had to do is put the deposit down using my sis's card.. so that was $200 per room. after that we can use any other card to pay the balance or any remaining deposits. It turned out to be a great deal!

so check it out.. They sent everyone an email confirmation. it went over the details of the trip. It didnt break it down by price but... It said Travel Insurance was included. that means they included without asking if we wanted it. I dont know how i feel about that. They also said we have until april 21st to cancel without a penalty fee ( we are not cancelling) lol and we have to have it paid off by july 30th...

Oh and also, FYI- they told me POP was sold out (at least for preferred rooms) Im not sure about standard. Se we booked All Star Movies. thats fine cause ive never stayed there before. She also told me, if i would have waited until thursday I probably wouldnt have had a problem booking the 3 rooms at ASM.

Yay! :dance3: I don't know what to say about the insurance. I also am not sure you can cancel it once it is on there--but you could try. I have also always made a point to say "I don't want insurance" even if they never say anything. But, I think they should have asked you FOR SURE! So, you could try to call & cancel it. :rolleyes:

I've only been to ASMu but it was very fun--we were there over a Spring Break time so it was very busy! I'm so excited to try a new resort this time!:goodvibes

Yay! Have you made your ADRs yet?:confused:

Yay! :dance3: I don't know what to say about the insurance. I also am not sure you can cancel it once it is on there--but you could try. I have also always made a point to say "I don't want insurance" even if they never say anything. But, I think they should have asked you FOR SURE! So, you could try to call & cancel it. :rolleyes:

I've only been to ASMu but it was very fun--we were there over a Spring Break time so it was very busy! I'm so excited to try a new resort this time!:goodvibes

Yay! Have you made your ADRs yet?:confused:

no I havent O.O I really need to soon! I might do that tonight... I hope I get in everywhere I want.. like LeCellier:rolleyes:
Im excited to stay some place new too and ASM looks like its really cute! (although, POP has a special place in my heart) =P
XOXO

Good for you!:thumbsup2 I'm glad everything worked out for you!
I'd be a little ticked too about them adding on insurance w/o asking but we have had far too many vacations either ruined or threatened by hurricanes that time of year so we always get insurance. :rolleyes: Have fun planning!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

We have never purchased travel insurance for Disney. It seems the cancellation fee is $100/$200 depending on when you cancel and the travel insurance cost was not much less.

We do cruise alot and always purchase travel insurance for that.

We have never purchased travel insurance for Disney. It seems the cancellation fee is $100/$200 depending on when you cancel and the travel insurance cost was not much less.

We do cruise alot and always purchase travel insurance for that.

Thast was our thought.... it seems the most we would lose is $200 ( maybe only $100, depending on the canc. date), and the ins would cost us $135.00.
We do usually take the airline ins. tho!

I wasn't sure about the travel insurance thru Disney either but when I researched it I found that it also covered my flight insurance even though we booked that stuff all on our own (not thru Disney).
$69 to cover all seemed like a better deal when I saw that...especially during hurricane season...but I'm certainly no expert!

You can cancel the insurance without a problem, I did it before. They should have went over it with you, but often they don't. They have done it to me before and I was able to call and have it taken off. Your dates are the same as mine, maybe I will run into to you. Can't wait to see the mouse! :mickeyjum :goofy: :donald: :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter