• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2008 code watch

When are you leaving for your Sept. vacation?

• Aug 28 or earlier

• Sept 1st-7th

• Sept 8th-14th

• Sept 15th-21st

• Sept 22nd-28th

• Sept 29th- first week of Oct.

Results are only viewable after voting.
My DFiance (soon to be DH) and I will be taking our honeymoon from 9/19-9/30. Any advice on what to expect crowd wise? I've never done September before.

Staying at BC Aug 24 - Sep 21 with my 16yo son.

Any other single parents going the same time, with teenagers?

Hey friends! Does everyone have all their planning completed? ;)

Does anyone happen to know the dining with an imagineer schedule? I'm not sure if it is available for September yet.:confused3

Micknpluto: everything all planned? :confused: where is Disneydreamin gang? :confused:

I'm counting the days.....:goodvibes

I might have to make a few adjustments. with the increased prices of MNSSHP Im not sure we are going to attend (weve done it about 5 times already) $55 per person is a bit steap. By switching days around, I have to cancel one ADR and make a new one (not sure where?) and I know Im going to have trouble getting decent times =/

It seems to get harder and harder every year to get into popular restaraunts with good dinner times.. like Im kind of bummed I have to eat dinner at ohana at 9:10pm at night.. I wonder if once we get there we can see if we can get in earlier? I doubt it.. the best i can do is call back to see if there were any cancellations.

: where is Disneydreamin gang? :confused:

I'm counting the days.....:goodvibes

I'm here. I've had a few long months with many Dr. appointments. I've not had time to respond to many things. Although I have been checking on the thread.
My DS9 was being checked for Cystic Fibrosis. Praise God it is not that. We ended up at an ENT Dr. after several trips for blood work. (His Dr's are 55 miles away). He had his tonsils, and adenoids out and tubes put in his ears on Tue. He still is not feeling very well. I almost have to get a funnel and pour liquids down his throat. If he does not start drinking it's back to the hospital for him.

On top of that I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. All of that going on the same time as DS. They put me on Lyrica and boy that is a God send.

Ok I'm done with my rant. Thanks for listening.

Now to answer your question. Yes I have all my planning done. All my ADR's are done and I got the times I wanted. I did them at 180+10.
I have all my touring plans done as well.
My AAA agent changed our ressie at POP to free dining.:cheer2: :dance3:
I am so ready for vacation.

I might have to make a few adjustments. with the increased prices of MNSSHP Im not sure we are going to attend (weve done it about 5 times already) $55 per person is a bit steap. By switching days around, I have to cancel one ADR and make a new one (not sure where?) and I know Im going to have trouble getting decent times =/

It seems to get harder and harder every year to get into popular restaraunts with good dinner times.. like Im kind of bummed I have to eat dinner at ohana at 9:10pm at night.. I wonder if once we get there we can see if we can get in earlier? I doubt it.. the best i can do is call back to see if there were any cancellations.

I've never done the MNSSHP so I guess I don't know what we're missing. :rolleyes1 $55 is expensive, and with the low crowds in September you will be able to do a lot even without the special night in the park. I'm sure being all dressed up is really great though. :goodvibes 9:10 is late for 'Ohana. What about a really early ressie? We usually make ours at 5:00 or close to that. I don't mind getting the kids up from naps and heading to our ADR. Then they seem to have more energy to stay up a bit later than they usually do. But, people do cancel all the time, keep calling!:wizard:

I'm here. I've had a few long months with many Dr. appointments. I've not had time to respond to many things. Although I have been checking on the thread.
My DS9 was being checked for Cystic Fibrosis. Praise God it is not that. We ended up at an ENT Dr. after several trips for blood work. (His Dr's are 55 miles away). He had his tonsils, and adenoids out and tubes put in his ears on Tue. He still is not feeling very well. I almost have to get a funnel and pour liquids down his throat. If he does not start drinking it's back to the hospital for him.

On top of that I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. All of that going on the same time as DS. They put me on Lyrica and boy that is a God send.

Ok I'm done with my rant. Thanks for listening.

Now to answer your question. Yes I have all my planning done. All my ADR's are done and I got the times I wanted. I did them at 180+10.
I have all my touring plans done as well.
My AAA agent changed our ressie at POP to free dining.:cheer2: :dance3:
I am so ready for vacation.

Oh I'm glad you responded! I'm so sorry about your DS! I know what it is like to have a sick kid, it is so heartbreaking! I hope he is recovering and that you have the energy to take care of him!

My Aunt has Fibro.... That is another hard thing to live with. Glad your meds are helping you feel better!!!! Take care of yourself.:cutie:

I bet you are ready for vacation.:beach: That is great that your TA got POP with no problems. Good for you! My sister was over tonight and we were going over our spreadsheets for our trip.:teacher: It is so much fun to plan! I love it!:banana:

we got a really good rate last year, better then getting a AAA discount.. does anyone know when they may come out with the codes for september this year?? we can do room only or a package - either works for me!!! :thumbsup2

Dh and I are going Sug. 28-Sept. 11. We are staying at POP and have upgraded to Deluxe Dining. I have 42 table services planned and booked. We got everything that we wanted. We are eatng breakfast at around 8, lunch around 12 and dinner around 6. I feel that we will just be eating each day. Hopefully it will work out.
I figured that after we had to pay for breakfast for each of the 14 days and some of the table services for dinner, after we used 2 TS for some of the dinners that it more that payed to upgrade. We didn't want to make breakfast or lunch in the rooms.
We got the whole trip for around $2,700.00. Just need to get airfare. I am waiting to see if we can get a code that won;t interfer with the Dining Plan.

Sylvia in MN

I'm subscribing to this thread.

We're going from 9/27 - 10/4, so I also subscribed to the October thread.

I just booked us in the BC for 7 nights, but only got $300 off the room for the week. I'm hoping for a better discount with either a code or the AP Discount (which I've gotten the past two years). I have heard that the AP rates are harder to come by now, though? I'll just have to keep everything crossed and hope for the best. Along with buying an AP and getting a good room rate, we'd also like to buy the DDE card again.

:wizard:

Dh and I are going Sug. 28-Sept. 11. We are staying at POP and have upgraded to Deluxe Dining. I have 42 table services planned and booked. We got everything that we wanted. We are eatng breakfast at around 8, lunch around 12 and dinner around 6. I feel that we will just be eating each day. Hopefully it will work out.
I figured that after we had to pay for breakfast for each of the 14 days and some of the table services for dinner, after we used 2 TS for some of the dinners that it more that payed to upgrade. We didn't want to make breakfast or lunch in the rooms.
We got the whole trip for around $2,700.00. Just need to get airfare. I am waiting to see if we can get a code that won;t interfer with the Dining Plan.

Sylvia in MN

If you are doing free dining with an upgrade to deluxe than you cannot sue another code in conjuction with that. If you chose to use another code, then the free dining will be taken away from that. Being that yo uare stayin at pop, their probably isn't going to be a better code than the free dining for you, but you can always do the math and see.

I am planning to go to WDW Sept. 22-29th and HOPING for a great AP rate. I've narrowed the resort down to CBR or POFQ or WL depending on the discount.
I know that last year AP rates came out about 6/20 so I'm watching already and hoping they come out sooner than later.
We have gone to F&W several times but this will be our 1st MNSSHP.
SO BRING ON THE CODES!!!!!!

I just booked my vacation this morning! I am SUPER excited :yay: I wish I could talk about it, but it's a surprise! Hopefully, if a code does come out, I will be able to apply it to my res.

How can I subscribe to this thread?

do the general public codes usually come out close to the AP ones?? just wondering when we could expect (round-about) codes to use.. TIA1

Last year I never recieved any info on sept-Dec deals till Aug. But I'm not sure when they actually came out.

I just booked my vacation this morning! I am SUPER excited :yay: I wish I could talk about it, but it's a surprise! Hopefully, if a code does come out, I will be able to apply it to my res.

How can I subscribe to this thread?

You just did!:goodvibes
You can also subscribe to threads by going to thread tools at the top of the page and clicking on subscribe. Welcome!! and Congrats on your trip!!:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter