Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

good point - I was actually being kind of a smarty - I've been saying for awhile that we had talked to a mid - level CM that we know who told us in January that they were aiming for 3 shows per night - 22 minutes each. .... so when I did the post I have to admit I was kind of feeling smart/ in the know

:worship: :teacher:

Does anyone think that Yak and Yeti will be included in the dining package, or, because they are a Landry's property, they will be excluded?

Is it going to be a World of Color-esque watershow or we still don't know yet?

Exciting Times - I appreciate the effort making Animal Kingdom a whole day event.

I've never done a dining package so not even sure how they work. We already have Tusker House lunch booked 180 days out for May 5th so I'll need to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the package.

1. How much is the current Fantasmic upcharge?
2. What do you get for the upcharge? A paper pass or something to get into priority seating at the show?
3. Tusker House lunch is a character lunch. I assume that won't change?

Comparing Tusker House to the Fantasmic H&V adults.
Lunch is $40.
Fantasmic is $56.
So $16 plus tax and tip for the Priority Seating.

Fantasmic gives you a paper pass.

Doubtful that Disney would give to those with ADRs first I have never seen them do something like that.
When the SciFi Dine In Theater went to Star Wars breakfast in 2014 we had a 1045 lunch reservation, it got automatically switched to the character breakfast and we were emailed about it and the additional charges. We didnt have to do anything, and it was one of the first days of the new program there. My guess this may be what happens, if you don't want it you call to swap to normal, otherwise accept the new charge and have the dinner package. Going forward you could select either option like all the other shows for those restaurants not already booked past the ROL packages that they want.

When the SciFi Dine In Theater went to Star Wars breakfast in 2014 we had a 1045 lunch reservation, it got automatically switched to the character breakfast and we were emailed about it and the additional charges. We didnt have to do anything, and it was one of the first days of the new program there. My guess this may be what happens, if you don't want it you call to swap to normal, otherwise accept the new charge and have the dinner package. Going forward you could select either option.

I think the difference there is they converted the entire restaurant over to the new package during that early time frame, and it was a temporary offering.

This will be a long term option and it will not be the entire restaurant, it will only be a small percentage of tables each meal. This is why it can be hard to get for Fantasmic at times even when regular tables are open.

And since it's not all tables ... who do they call or give that package too?

When the SciFi Dine In Theater went to Star Wars breakfast in 2014 we had a 1045 lunch reservation, it got automatically switched to the character breakfast and we were emailed about it and the additional charges. We didnt have to do anything, and it was one of the first days of the new program there. My guess this may be what happens, if you don't want it you call to swap to normal, otherwise accept the new charge and have the dinner package. Going forward you could select either option like all the other shows for those restaurants not already booked past the ROL packages that they want.

But the difference was that you didn't have a choice. Whether you wanted a character breakfast or not, that's what the whole restaurant was changing to, you couldn't opt out.

With a dinner package, you can still eat at the restaurant and not be part of the package. So they don't have to convert everybody over. I'm guessing if you have a current ADR, you can call and change that to a dinner package if it's available, but I wouldn't assume everyone with a current ADR will automatically get to be part of the package.

For the first time, I'm relieved we're not going back until December when this will all be straightened out. Last year when the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party turned into the Wishes Dessert Party, waiting for the booking to open and then dealing with the craziness of computer glitches was stressful (but a *little bit* fun, too, because I get a high off the Disney planning, LOL!).

My goal is a Tiffins RoL package, so fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone when this finally rolls out :-):-)

I'm so excited to see the reviews when the show starts!! We love Animal Kingdom, and I can't wait to get a new nighttime view of the park.

Doubtful that Disney would give to those with ADRs first I have never seen them do something like that.
I only say that bc if they are booked to capacity or almost capacity, what will they do?

Last edited:
I checked out adrs for my week at TH and there was still seats available for dinner. So I don't think they are full yet. I wonder if it's better to pay more and try to get an adr or try for the FP+???

Last year when the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party turned into the Wishes Dessert Party, waiting for the booking to open and then dealing with the craziness of computer glitches was stressful (but a *little bit* fun, too, because I get a high off the Disney planning, LOL!).

oh god, yes, my credit card was charged about 12 times that morning and I still didnt have a reservation showing up in MDE. THen after all of that, the reviews stunk and I ended up cancelling anyway and doing Pirates and Pals instead, ha ha. Let's hope this role out is a bit smoother, since I will undoubtedly be stalking again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter