Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I was thinking they might NOT be included because of this, same with Rainforest Cafe.

Since Tiffins had been rumored to be opening with the RoL Dinner Package .... I looked around and can find no commitment one way or another, will Tiffins be owned by Disney or 3rd party? This could impact a Y&Y package.

I would think, even if 3rd party owned, that as long as they accept the DDP then they could be negotiated with for the Dinner Package as well. So I wouldn't rule out anything.

DHS offers three levels of dining with their package, AK will have that ability as well with Tiffins and Y&Y.

This sounds decently cool. I hope it isn't more than $60 a person with Tax and Tip. I would pay extra to be guaranteed to see this show. I hope this gets announced soon with an opening date because I would rather have FP + for it instead of a Dining package.

Since Tiffins had been rumored to be opening with the RoL Dinner Package .... I looked around and can find no commitment one way or another, will Tiffins be owned by Disney or 3rd party? This could impact a Y&Y package.

I would think, even if 3rd party owned, that as long as they accept the DDP then they could be negotiated with for the Dinner Package as well. So I wouldn't rule out anything.

DHS offers three levels of dining with their package, AK will have that ability as well with Tiffins and Y&Y.
Everything I've seen Tiffins is Disney owned.

Tiffins is Disney owned and operated.

Are there any existing restaurants in AK that will have a view of ROL?

I don't think so.

Do you think it is possible that RoL will be able to be viewed from around the lake? Like could the projections be seen on the backside of water :-)duck:) sprays in the lake? That would accommodate many more people and allow the seating area to be for FP+ and dining packages. Just thinking out loud here....

Do you think it is possible that RoL will be able to be viewed from around the lake? Like could the projections be seen on the backside of water :-)duck:) sprays in the lake? That would accommodate many more people and allow the seating area to be for FP+ and dining packages. Just thinking out loud here....
I don't think there will be good viewing from areas other than the seated area.

Not really, from what I've seen. I mean, I think you'll be able to catch glimpses of the show from a few different places, so I suppose it depends if you want to see the show in full, or just see bits of it from a distance.

For the first time, I'm relieved we're not going back until December when this will all be straightened out.

YES! Except we're going for Thanksgiving, so an April RoL start gives me time to see how things are working so I know what I want/need to book by later in May when my ADR date comes up :thumbsup2

If it's like World of Color, you can see it from areas other than the official area but won't be able to get a good view. I know you can see the projections on the backside of the water there but you miss everything in front and the images are backwards.

It would ne nice if they offer at Y&Y too because we are planning to eat there, as well as TH, on our trip, so that's more chance of snagging a dining package for us.

It would ne nice if they offer at Y&Y too because we are planning to eat there, as well as TH, on our trip, so that's more chance of snagging a dining package for us.
I don't know if they will because the are third party.

Following this closely! We will be in the world from 4/13-4/20 so I'm really hoping we can see something while still juggling early morning race commitments!

We will also be back for Columbus Day so we will be making ADRs for that trip before the show debuts - hopefully they atleast have things released by then!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter