Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

As I'm over here stressing about how crowds and recommended parks are going to be impacted by both ROL and the new Star Wars Fireworks ...but then again I'm not going till October - sorry for the Summer folks, but I'm going to be watching how the summer crowds play out!...except that I have to make reservations in mid April and therefore decide which day we are going to be in which park....oh the stress lol

They have lots of options but I really think you are expecting too much if you think they will go through the hassle to contact folks to book the package before they open it up to the public. Everyone who has booked at Tusker has technically booked a normal ADR with no expectation of a package because none has been announced, only a temporary glitch of the system.

This is the same as Free Dining or any other promotion. You book your rooms and you hope that later there is a special discount. Free Dining or Room Discount is announced and they have set aside so many rooms for it. It is up to the GUEST to contact Disney to get one of the discounted rooms and have their other room canceled. They don't start calling everyone and ask if they want the new package offered.

Right, the difference is that if a resort is sold out they won't include it in the promo.
If TH is booked to capacity with regular, non-RoL Dining Package reservations what will they do?
This I don't know.
Now, I realize TH is rarely booked to capacity. But if folks start trying to hoard ADR in hopes of getting a RoL viewing they may get snagged up
They could call folks and ask if they want to switch (doubtful)
They could just not offer any RoL packages except for the days that have openings when they do turn it on (doubtful)
They could cancel all ADR and have folks rebook the one they want (also doubtful)
Makes sense to speculate about what they'll do with a restaurant that has already been booking ADR when they implement the change because they may well have to do something

Right, the difference is that if a resort is sold out they won't include it in the promo.
If TH is booked to capacity with regular, non-RoL Dining Package reservations what will they do?
This I don't know.
Now, I realize TH is rarely booked to capacity. But if folks start trying to hoard ADR in hopes of getting a RoL viewing they may get snagged up
They could just not offer any RoL packages except for the days that have openings when they do turn it on (doubtful)
They could cancel all ADR and have folks rebook the one they want (also doubtful)
Makes sense to speculate about what they'll do with a restaurant that has already been booking ADR when they implement the change because they may well have to do something

My guess is it will be like when a new promotion comes out and you already have a package booked - you can get the new promotion but you have to call in and it's based on room availability....I think people will have to book a new ADR under the ROL dining package and cancel their existing ADR. I also bet that there will be a lot of people who want to see the new show and it will be harder to get into Tusker House than it currently is!

View attachment 152863 It didn't look so close to finished when I was there last week!

This was 4 weeks ago, same view, not much different. :D

42569F60-B07B-44A6-9427-856E8C6FECAA.jpg

I wonder if they would offer the package to those with current ADRs first? Doubtful but an idea IF they are booked to full capacity. It is an upcharge for the F! package but not if you are on the dining plan. Still costs 1 credit.
Doubtful that Disney would give to those with ADRs first I have never seen them do something like that.

This I don't know.

Oh there are plenty of what ifs to keep folks bouncing off the walls. :bounce:

This whole RoL thing wasn't decided on 180 days out. I think we have to give Disney credit for having a plan in place for some time now. Part of that might have been holding back a few tables each meal for the predicted opening time frame. I don't think they will do anything that is difficult or manpower intensive. It's one thing with Club Villain when folks booked a package and then it was cancelled .... for four nights. This is a package that hasn't even been announced, no one with an ADR should have expectation for a new package to be handed to them.

If it's only 10 tables per meal to start, why do they care? Those bleachers will be filled with or without packages. Folks who can't get the package but want to stay and see will book Yak & Yeti, Rainforest or be gobbling down QS food. Disney will still be making plenty of money more than before without offering them anything. They will win either way.

Last edited:
As I'm over here stressing about how crowds and recommended parks are going to be impacted by both ROL and the new Star Wars Fireworks ...but then again I'm not going till October - sorry for the Summer folks, but I'm going to be watching how the summer crowds play out!...except that I have to make reservations in mid April and therefore decide which day we are going to be in which park....oh the stress lol
First take a deep breath. And we will know by the time you have to make ADRs. It's all good :)

I don't know that my friend knows show times yet to be honest. I know they're working really long days to get everything ready; the seating is nearly done but there's still a lot to do on the production end.

I would assume a dinner package at Tusker House is likely, and I'm guessing at Tiffins too when it opens.

I don't think they want to announce anything concrete until they know exactly when they'll be ready.

All it really needs in that photo is landscaping. It's really not far off at all.

I think we all know that any project can be finished off quickly and they may very well do it ..... be we also know Disney takes it time. There is a big part missing from this picture - rail work, lots of it. On the ramp, by the stadium seating, across the back. I can't imagine that on a handicap ramp there won't be rails on both sides.

The point of my picture was to compare to LaurenT picture. In 3 weeks hardly any changes. And predictions are this will open in 8 weeks. Can it happen, sure, but we can't negate there is lots to do.

oh wow THREE shows per night - wonder who has been saying that.....

I think aside from some posts implying three - the Dining Reservation Screen that popped up today lists -

- ROL 1st Viewing
- ROL 2nd Viewing
- ROL 3rd Viewing

What makes sense is three shows.

Now if we really want to amp up the rumor mill, maybe it's 3 different viewing areas with 1 being prime, 2 and 3 being more side views.....
AND your package price will vary with your view aka HDDR prices.
Not to start anything but since we know nothing ............

Are the Star Wars fireworks here to stay? I thought they were ending in March. But I've been out of the loop on all of that.

I think we all know that any project can be finished off quickly and they may very well do it ..... be we also know Disney takes it time. There is a big part missing from this picture - rail work, lots of it. On the ramp, by the stadium seating, across the back. I can't imagine that on a handicap ramp there won't be rails on both sides.

The point of my picture was to compare to LaurenT picture. In 3 weeks hardly any changes. And predictions are this will open in 8 weeks. Can it happen, sure, but we can't negate there is lots to do.

I think aside from some posts implying three - the Dining Reservation Screen that popped up today lists -

- ROL 1st Viewing
- ROL 2nd Viewing
- ROL 3rd Viewing

What makes sense is three shows.

Now if we really want to amp up the rumor mill, maybe it's 3 different viewing areas with 1 being prime, 2 and 3 being more side views.....
AND your package price will vary with your view aka HDDR prices.
Not to start anything but since we know nothing ............

good point - I was actually being kind of a smarty - I've been saying for awhile that we had talked to a mid - level CM that we know who told us in January that they were aiming for 3 shows per night - 22 minutes each. .... so when I did the post I have to admit I was kind of feeling smart/ in the know

I've never done a dining package so not even sure how they work. We already have Tusker House lunch booked 180 days out for May 5th so I'll need to decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the package.

1. How much is the current Fantasmic upcharge?
2. What do you get for the upcharge? A paper pass or something to get into priority seating at the show?
3. Tusker House lunch is a character lunch. I assume that won't change?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter