Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

We are going to AK on April 18th. Booking for a big group - this planning in April is SO hard. I find it odd that Yak and Yeti hasn't had any reservations open for that week - since I started calling on my 180 day mark.... I can't wait to find out if this night show will be happening so I can plan my day.

I hear you - I'm at AKL the same week! I see a fair amount of availability for Yak & Yeti that week when I look, but I'm only a party of 4? Hopefully you will be able to snag one! I don't know if I should book something or not...

I'm just curious if she can tell you the times of the shows? If the park closes at 6pm will that be the last showing like Fantasmic? Obviously as it gets later in the year the park is open later.
I can book my FP soon and I'd like to keep the times open in case ROL opens up!
The park hours will change. It will not close at 6:00 once RoL starts

Those of you that can see it on your Android, how are you getting to it? I pull up Dining on MDE and it gives me a list of restaurants. I can choose a specific restaurant and find times for reservations, but I don't see any option to pull up menus. TIA!
Once you find the times, click on the restaurant name. There is a selection for Menu right there

Okay, I've just grabbed the latest possible TH dinner on the 18th. But it's made me realize, is there any real benefit to having a reservation when they announce? Shouldn't it be like F!, where you'll have to switch to the package anyways?

Okay, I've just grabbed the latest possible TH dinner on the 18th. But it's made me realize, is there any real benefit to having a reservation when they announce? Shouldn't it be like F!, where you'll have to switch to the package anyways?
I'm sure it will be. I doubt having a current ADR helps. But we already had ours booked.

We already have a breakfast reservation at Tusker House on the 19th, with 3 shows any idea what time the first show would be? We also have tickets to the 9pm La Nouba the same night of the 19th :( now I wish I had held off on the La Nouba tickets if in fact ROL is opening on the 18th.
I can't see any of them going later than 10 pm. And it is supposed to be about a 22 minute show.

A little help - to get to RD what would be a good time to get a breakfast ADR? My first choice is a ROL dinner package but if that gets booked up too fast I want to be ready to go with breakfast.

I'm so deep into speculative mode right now! I see that the park hours from the 18th-20th (or so) have been cut back a bit, with closing times of 5 or 5:30 (I think they used to be at 6:00). For those who have experienced soft/limited advanced openings of other attractions, would it follow precedent for the parks to close to the public early to control access to these events?

My friend is working on this show. I just asked, and she said opening will still be "right before earth day, if everything comes together." She did say there would be previews, but I'm not sure who for. DH will get a preview I'm sure, but I doubt I'll be allowed to tag along, so I'm hoping for a dinner package.
it looks like April 16 and 17 will be "premium preview events" (not sure what that meand) and then we might see an opening on Monday April 18th, Earth Day is the 22nd so that fits

A little help - to get to RD what would be a good time to get a breakfast ADR? My first choice is a ROL dinner package but if that gets booked up too fast I want to be ready to go with breakfast.
First one of the day, like everywhere else.

it looks like April 16 and 17 will be "premium preview events" (not sure what that meand) and then we might see an opening on Monday April 18th, Earth Day is the 22nd so that fits
really hope so - April 18th is our only day at AK on our 10 day trip!!

We are doing ours at 10:40...so we get a few things done beforehand.

None. You'll have to switch it to a RoL dining package

This is interesting to consider. If they have been filling reservations to capacity for Tusker House for dates April 18 and beyond, and also intend to offer RoL dining packages for Tusker House, doesn't it stand to reason that some (all?) of the dining packages would go to folks with existing reservations? Or are we assuming that they have been holding back a percentage of reservations, knowing that RoL dining packages are on the horizon?

This is interesting to consider. If they have been filling reservations to capacity for Tusker House for dates April 18 and beyond, and also intend to offer RoL dining packages for Tusker House, doesn't it stand to reason that some (all?) of the dining packages would go to folks with existing reservations? Or are we assuming that they have been holding back a percentage of reservations, knowing that RoL dining packages are on the horizon?
That is something to consider....

That's what I have been sitting here contemplating, especially as there are packages for Breakfast, Lunch & dinner (granted that there appears to be three shows, but from what I've heard, limited seating). I don't have any current ADR's but there's availability, but not sure if I should just make one just in case. I only see it on my phone for Tusker House and I'd rather do Yak & Yeti, so debating...

Good point! I found fairly limited availability, at least for later dinners, so it's possible times have been held back. But who knows!

Edit: later availability is limited on one day only, it looks like. Otherwise lots of times left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!