Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Ugh! I updated the app on my iPhone and when I pull up Tusker, click on menus and then the blue drop down, all I get is breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Very frustrating! I'm going to be in Orlando with DD and could do AK on the 25th or 28th!

TH has not been a hard to get reservation. It's not uncommon to find same day availability.
I don't know what they are doing with the current ADR and potential dining package ADR but I do not believe they will just all convert over. Having a current ADR is not likely to help you get a ROL package
Unless they use a new model and put 100% of the TH ADR as Dining Packages. I sure can't see them doing that but one should never say never.
Plus, doesn't H&V charge a different amount for their F! reservations than they do for their non-F! reservations? I'd expect to see the same at TH

on the Disney site under park hours Animal kingdom it didn't show any for April 19th.... and now it does.... I wonder how soon this will be announced?

TH has not been a hard to get reservation. It's not uncommon to find same day availability.
I don't know what they are doing with the current ADR and potential dining package ADR but I do not believe they will just all convert over. Having a current ADR is not likely to help you get a ROL package.

Unless they use a new model and put 100% of the TH ADR as Dining Packages. I sure can't see them doing that but one should never say never.
Plus, doesn't H&V charge a different amount for their F! reservations than they do for their non-F! reservations? I'd expect to see the same at TH

Completely agree. Why would they convert any over? Guests might not be planning to be at the park for RoL if you had earlier reservations. And it will be a different set price like the Fantasmics. There will be so many packages set aside and I imagine it will be first come first serve to book them. Those existing ADRs will remain as they are, Disney is not going to presume anything.

on the Disney site under park hours Animal kingdom it didn't show any for April 19th.... and now it does.... I wonder how soon this will be announced?

It does on my page. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Mine says 9-5 as well.

They will announce when they are 100% sure that it will be fully operating without major glitches. 7DMT was announced less than 30 days out. FP+ could be booked after the announcement for opening day on.

It says 9-5 on mine too for 4/19. I do think that the cost of the F! package is more for H&V then regular, but I'm not sure...

It wouldn't be completely unprecedented. I'm pretty sure at one time we made regular reservations at Carthay Circle (Disneyland), and were able to get World of Color passes if we ordered a specific amount of food. I believe they now require special reservations for the WOC package, but I don't think that has always been the case.

That said, I agree with you that they will most likely require specific RoL dining reservations, not general TH reservations. Otherwise it's probably hard for them to make sure the numbers work out right for each viewing time.

I don't know what they are doing with the current ADR and potential dining package ADR but I do not believe they will just all convert over. Having a current ADR is not likely to help you get a ROL package

There is an uncharge for the F! reservations so it makes sense there would be as well for RoL. Perhaps they're holding back a segment of reservations that they intend to fill with RoL packages. If not, it seems like it would make sense to give current reservation holders a chance to opt-in to the package and the upcharge, because what's the alternative? Cancelling existing reservations and leveling the playing field, while angering everyone that already held a reservation? Offering the package for available reservations that have not yet been booked only, and missing out on revenue they could potentially be getting from existing reservations? I'm interested to see how this plays out, and glad I'm not in charge of managing it!

There is an uncharge for the F! reservations so it makes sense there would be as well for RoL. Perhaps they're holding back a segment of reservations that they intend to fill with RoL packages. If not, it seems like it would make sense to give current reservation holders a chance to opt-in to the package and the upcharge, because what's the alternative? Cancelling existing reservations and leveling the playing field, while angering everyone that already held a reservation? Offering the package for available reservations that have not yet been booked only, and missing out on revenue they could potentially be getting from existing reservations? I'm interested to see how this plays out, and glad I'm not in charge of managing it!

I agree - it seems like it would be a bit of a mess if they didn't allow existing reservations an option to the upcharge/package.

My planning brain is starting to hurt. In any case, I might as well make an ADR just in case...

They will announce when they are 100% sure that it will be fully operating without major glitches. 7DMT was announced less than 30 days out. FP+ could be booked after the announcement for opening day on.
Bingo. Testing is going on at night after the parks close. Seating is getting closer to being finished.

Completely agree. Why would they convert any over? Guests might not be planning to be at the park for RoL if you had earlier reservations. And it will be a different set price like the Fantasmics. There will be so many packages set aside and I imagine it will be first come first serve to book them. Those existing ADRs will remain as they are, Disney is not going to presume anything.

Mine says 9-5 as well.

this. (the bolded)
I went this past weekend and have a lot of pics posted on the construction update blog post on streaming Disney. (can't link here because Dis doesn't allow it) and it still has a lot of work to be done

Mine says 9-5 as well.

I wonder if they would offer the package to those with current ADRs first? Doubtful but an idea IF they are booked to full capacity. It is an upcharge for the F! package but not if you are on the dining plan. Still costs 1 credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter