Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Is dining packages open yet for ROL? Anyone try to call?
After watching the craziness that follows when folks find hidden things and call to try and book I will not put myself through that. I will wait until it shows up on the website and can be booked then. That way it makes it way easier and less of a headache to me and the CM at the reservation line.

The hours will need to be extended than because its showing them closing at 5 and than 630 on the weekend

It's a pretty safe bet - seeing as how the new "Sunset Safari" (supposedly to be opened at the same time) has lighting installed to mimic sunset after dark....

It's a pretty safe bet - seeing as how the new "Sunset Safari" (supposedly to be opened at the same time) has lighting installed to mimic sunset after dark....
Not really lighting but giant screens that will look like a sunset.

Will be following this closely. Currently have a breakfast ADR for TH in July. Hoping that there will be a way to "upgrade" to the dining package (not expecting them to contact me or anything but that I can call and switch over with little hassle). To have to cancel and re-book would be a bit of a pain

I haven't heard this. Screens? Like with the animals?
I posted a photo of the screens on the news round up thread. The screens will show a giant sunset and apparently the glow from the screens is very real and I've heard that from previews it looks amazing.

Will be following this closely. Currently have a breakfast ADR for TH in July. Hoping that there will be a way to "upgrade" to the dining package (not expecting them to contact me or anything but that I can call and switch over with little hassle). To have to cancel and re-book would be a bit of a pain

Obviously no one knows for sure but AllEars says this about Fantasmic! packages:

What if I have already made reservations in advance at one of those restaurants for dinner?

That Advance Reservation is distinct from the Fantasmic! Dining Experience. If you want the Fantasmic! Dining Experience you need to book it specifically.

My guess is that it will be a cancel/rebook situation...

Obviously no one knows for sure but AllEars says this about Fantasmic! packages:

What if I have already made reservations in advance at one of those restaurants for dinner?

That Advance Reservation is distinct from the Fantasmic! Dining Experience. If you want the Fantasmic! Dining Experience you need to book it specifically.

My guess is that it will be a cancel/rebook situation...

Well, that would be annoying (not the first time though that Disney has done something like this). Again, not looking for something automatic to happen but hoping I can call up and have them work with me a bit

Anyway, just very excited for this show (and for AK to turn into an evening park in general) so hoping this works out for us

Well, that would be annoying (not the first time though that Disney has done something like this). Again, not looking for something automatic to happen but hoping I can call up and have them work with me a bit
In my experience, the way they'll likely "work with you" is to cancel your existing reservation for a regular ADR and book you for the package. ;)

You never know, I guess... :)

I was all set to "correct" the Fantasmic up charge comments, but I fact-checked against the fixed price restaurants thread on the restaurants board first. Now, I've gone to a few other WDW planning sites, and I wonder who's got the right info.

Fantasmic dining package wasn't an upcharge as recently as a year ago - at least for dinner. dinner used to be the same price and you just had to be sure to book it properly to get the F! voucher. Most other sites I checked (WDWPrep school, all ears.net, etc) still say there's no upcharge for F!

The thread on the restaurants board (which is usually accurate and very helpful) lists an extra $6 more over regular dinner price, but also lists a wildly different buffet price than other sites (saying H&V is $50/adult for dinner, $56 for F!, while other sites list it at $30.99-39.99, which is what I paid fall 2014)

Moral of the story: at least at one point the "dinner package" concept was not an upcharge, but it IS a different type of reservation that you have to book specially. Unclear whether there's an upcharge for it now, but for predicting RoL, best to assume there will be and be happily surprised if not!

I was all set to "correct" the Fantasmic up charge comments, but I fact-checked against the fixed price restaurants thread on the restaurants board first. Now, I've gone to a few other WDW planning sites, and I wonder who's got the right info.

Fantasmic dining package wasn't an upcharge as recently as a year ago - at least for dinner. dinner used to be the same price and you just had to be sure to book it properly to get the F! voucher. Most other sites I checked (WDWPrep school, all ears.net, etc) still say there's no upcharge for F!

The thread on the restaurants board (which is usually accurate and very helpful) lists an extra $6 more over regular dinner price, but also lists a wildly different buffet price than other sites (saying H&V is $50/adult for dinner, $56 for F!, while other sites list it at $30.99-39.99, which is what I paid fall 2014)

Moral of the story: at least at one point the "dinner package" concept was not an upcharge, but it IS a different type of reservation that you have to book specially. Unclear whether there's an upcharge for it now, but for predicting RoL, best to assume there will be and be happily surprised if not!

I might be misunderstanding your post, but there has always been a fixed price for the Fantasmic! dinner package. You have to book the package specifically, and then you pay the set price for the meal. As to whether or not it works out as more expensive, I don't know, but it has always been a set price.

I might be misunderstanding your post, but there has always been a fixed price for the Fantasmic! dinner package. You have to book the package specifically, and then you pay the set price for the meal. As to whether or not it works out as more expensive, I don't know, but it has always been a set price.

Yes, it was fixed, which makes it unique at Brown Derby or Mama Melrose, where non-package diners simply order as they like at menu prices. However, H&V was already a fixed-price buffet (like Tusker House is) and F! was no different price than their standard buffet price - you just had to make sure you booked you reservation properly. Because although there was no upcharge, not everyone got F! vouchers with their meal - only those who booked it that way.

In a brief search today, though, there's conflicting info about whether F! diners currently pay more for the same buffet because of the F! voucher or not, therefore my attempts at prediction for RoL have been foiled ;)

The dinner price did go up when it became Minnies Holiday, etc. We ate there in Nov and those prices are accurate for dinner. Fantasmic did cost more than the regular meal as well.

I think we are going to miss the opening by a week :worried: but their is always next year.

Does anyone know how the dining plan will work with Tusker house and ROL dining package. Will it be one credit or two?

Yes, it was fixed, which makes it unique at Brown Derby or Mama Melrose, where non-package diners simply order as they like at menu prices. However, H&V was already a fixed-price buffet (like Tusker House is) and F! was no different price than their standard buffet price - you just had to make sure you booked you reservation properly. Because although there was no upcharge, not everyone got F! vouchers with their meal - only those who booked it that way.

In a brief search today, though, there's conflicting info about whether F! diners currently pay more for the same buffet because of the F! voucher or not, therefore my attempts at prediction for RoL have been foiled ;)

Oh, I see what you mean. Well, I would assume the price for a RoL dinner package would be more expensive, based on recent prices from Hollywood and Vine and the F! package. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter