Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

F! Dining Package for BD is 2 Credits

This might be what we see in AK too--1 credit at Tusker House (and maybe Yak and Yeti) and 2 credits at Tiffins. Not on the dining plan, it'll be a fixed price like at F!

(assuming it's offered at these three restaurants. It might just be Tusker House, given the size of the ROL theatre)

Is there any information about whether the opening of Tiffins will coincide with the opening of ROL, hopefully in April, or will it follow later in the spring/summer? I haven't really heard a lot of information about that part...

This might be what we see in AK too--1 credit at Tusker House (and maybe Yak and Yeti) and 2 credits at Tiffins. Not on the dining plan, it'll be a fixed price like at F!

(assuming it's offered at these three restaurants. It might just be Tusker House, given the size of the ROL theatre)
I don't think it will be offered at Yak and Yeti because that is not a Disney restuarant.

So I saw my friend last night and asked about show times. She said the show would be between 20-30 minutes, but they didn't have an actual time yet because work was still being done on production. She also said 2-3 times a night depending on the season, and that times would likely change with the changing daylight hours (like F! does I guess.)
She knew nothing about dinner packages though, and said she hadn't been told anything about certain areas of seating being blocked off for that. Having said that, she's in entertainment/production, so I'm not sure how much she would really know about dinner packages.

So I saw my friend last night and asked about show times. She said the show would be between 20-30 minutes, but they didn't have an actual time yet because work was still being done on production. She also said 2-3 times a night depending on the season, and that times would likely change with the changing daylight hours (like F! does I guess.)
She knew nothing about dinner packages though, and said she hadn't been told anything about certain areas of seating being blocked off for that. Having said that, she's in entertainment/production, so I'm not sure how much she would really know about dinner packages.

These things can be examined to reveal more information, just using logic and comparison to other WDW show practices.

If they intend to do THREE RoL shows AFTER DARK in the summer ("busy season,")
We know that
Show 1 cannot begin until 9PM.
(It's not dark in Orlando until 9PM in the summer.)
So, if the show runs 30 minutes, it would not be over until 9:30.
The theater would not be empty of guests until about 9:45.
The NEXT SHOW'S guests cannot be fully loaded into the theater until about 10:15
(and, that's not allowing any time for the CMs to CLEAN the theater after the first show, something that they DO at Fantasmic!)

Show 2 might be able start at 10:15.
Over at 10:45.
Empty theater by 11:00
Next group seated by 11:15?

Show 3 might be able start at 11:15.
Over at 11:45.
Theater empty at MIDNIGHT.

These times don't seem logical for a park that is not generally viable that late.

But, I do see that they could "close" DAK at 11PM and still run the last RoL starting at 11:15.
(They very often "close" DHS but start a last Fantasmic! 30 minutes later.)

If the show length is actually only 20 minutes (not 30,) they could move the start-times of the later shows
up accordingly.

But in a larger consideration, it's rare for Disney to start things other than at the top or bottom of the hour.

I could go on, but that's enough for one post.

Has anyone tried to book tusker today? MDE on the android is now only showing on tusker menu dinner ROL 1st showing. I've booked breakfast so tried to book dinner the same day just in case they happen to change some pool but not been able to do a booking at all.

These things can be examined to reveal more information, just using logic and comparison to other WDW show practices.

We know that
Show 1 cannot begin until 9PM.
(It's not dark in Orlando until 9PM in the summer.)
So, if the show runs 30 minutes, it would not be over until 9:30.
The theater would not be empty of guests until about 9:45.
The NEXT SHOW'S guests cannot be fully loaded into the theater until about 10:15
(and, that's not allowing any time for the CMs to CLEAN the theater after the first show, something that they DO at Fantasmic!)

Show 2 might be able start at 10:15.
Over at 10:45.
Empty theater by 11:00
Next group seated by 11:15?

Show 3 might be able start at 11:15.
Over at 11:45.
Theater empty at MIDNIGHT.

These times don't seem logical for a park that is not generally viable that late.

But, I do see that they could "close" DAK at 11PM and still run the last RoL starting at 11:15.
(They very often "close" DHS but start a last Fantasmic! 30 minutes later.)

If the show length is actually only 20 minutes (not 30,) they could move the start-times of the later shows
up accordingly.

But in a larger consideration, it's rare for Disney to start things other than at the top or bottom of the hour.

I could go on, but that's enough for one post.

Yeah that runs the last show really quite late. The other thing my friend mentioned was that the show will take a decent amount of time to 'reset' and move things back into position. So there has to be a decent amount of time between shows.

Maybe the number of times they show per season will not depend on crowd, but daylight. So while summer is much busier, since the sun sets later, there will be only two shows, and the three in the winter.

Or they close the park before the last show ends. I dont think there'd be much issue with that.

Maybe the number of times they show per season will not depend on crowd, but daylight. So while summer is much busier, since the sun sets later, there will be only two shows, and the three in the winter.

Or they close the park before the last show ends. I dont think there'd be much issue with that.
That's what I said in my post.

My guess is they will extend hours even more once they announce the show.

Think they are cutting back at other parks to compensate for longer hours at DAK?
I can't wait to see how the River of a Light is managed.

Also looking forward to see how difficult a ride on the Nightime Safari will be to nab. I would buy a dinner package for that too.

I cant get the MDE dining pages to load at all this morning... app works fine but not the website. Just me or is something brewing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter