~ Real Housewives Of NewYorkCity ~

Forget NY and bring on New Jersey! And here I thought it wasn't possible to top the trainwreck that is HW Atlanta :rotfl:

I just saw the last episode and frankly saw nothing wrong with Luann's response to the young lady wanting to be a model. She was very plus size and I do not think good manners means lying to someone or being in denial. FTR, I have been plus size a couple times in my life and am so currently.

I thought Bethanny's behavior was pretty atrocious this episode and Ramona and her husband Mario are the worst. Silex may be social climbers, however you do not see the two of them act as catty and as rude as the others on this show.

I just saw the last episode and frankly saw nothing wrong with Luann's response to the young lady wanting to be a model. She was very plus size and I do not think good manners means lying to someone or being in denial. FTR, I have been plus size a couple times in my life and am so currently.
I thought Bethanny's behavior was pretty atrocious this episode and Ramona and her husband Mario are the worst. Silex may be social climbers, however you do not see the two of them act as catty and as rude as the others on this show.

Come on! The kid was 10 years old! It's not like she was a grown woman looking to sign with Ford. She was a child! Do you really think that was nice to say to a child? LuAnn is mean.

I don't think LuAnn meant it to hurt her, but young girls are very fragile at that age. Miss Ettiquette The Countess should have know what to say and what not to say. It's like That woman called me fat! I am sure that's running through the girls mind. Maybe she wanted to be a plus size model? Who knows. LuAnn put her foot in her mouth as we all do at times.

Come on! The kid was 10 years old! It's not like she was a grown woman looking to sign with Ford. She was a child! Do you really think that was nice to say to a child? LuAnn is mean.

Lying is being nice? She did not say that the child was a disgusting pig. She stated that she had a lovely face and had the height. Which I agree, she is a pretty girl. Most people do not think of plus size when they think of modeling. Thankfully that is slowly changing and we are realizing that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. I did not think it was mean. My opinion, we all have one. I have a half a dozen kids and while I don't go around saying cruel things, I sure as heck do my best not to lie to them. All that teaches them is that you can not be trusted. Of course, Luann is not this child's parent, but I gaurantee that if she was brought to a modeling agency they would say far crueler things. I have a couple of friends that were into modeling when we where younger and they were twigs! There where times they where in tears by what was said to them and they where not much older than this young lady on the show.

OMG! I thought those "tramps" in Atlanta were sleeazy.............the jersey girls are pure trash! It ought to be a hoot!:lmao:

Lying is being nice? She did not say that the child was a disgusting pig. She stated that she had a lovely face and had the height. Which I agree, she is a pretty girl. Most people do not think of plus size when they think of modeling. Thankfully that is slowly changing and we are realizing that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc. I did not think it was mean. My opinion, we all have one. I have a half a dozen kids and while I don't go around saying cruel things, I sure as heck do my best not to lie to them. All that teaches them is that you can not be trusted. Of course, Luann is not this child's parent, but I gaurantee that if she was brought to a modeling agency they would say far crueler things. I have a couple of friends that were into modeling when we where younger and they were twigs! There where times they where in tears by what was said to them and they where not much older than this young lady on the show.

I don't think the opportunity was there to "lie". The poor girl never asked for LuAnn's opinion on her weight. I think LuAnn could've left out that last comment :headache: It was a talk about self-esteem, not quite the time to criticize.

Regarding LuAnn, I did not like the way she spoke to the girls. The one girl said she wanted to be a babysitter when she grew up. LuAnn actually laughed and said Oh, you're so funny or something like that. Well, you know, in the real world, some people actually work as babysitters--maybe that kid had a mom who works as a babysitter. I don't think she should have laughed. Also, what was the point of having her there at the club in the first place? To tell them, marry a count, get a title, and you'll have self-esteem? Really, laughing at the girls' future goals is not going to give them self-esteem. :confused3
That segment really bothered me for some reason. It was even more shameless self-promotion than usual, imo.

I don't think the opportunity was there to "lie". The poor girl never asked for LuAnn's opinion on her weight. I think LuAnn could've left out that last comment :headache: It was a talk about self-esteem, not quite the time to criticize.

Good point, however I still did not see where what Luann said was so horrible. They show a few minutes of her interaction with the girls and they show things that will stir us the viewers up. I am sure very few of us would withstand our own lives being under a magnifying glass like these ladies (and yes they signed up to be on these shows, but let us take what we see with a grain of salt). I know the scenes with Kelly stir me up.:rotfl:

Regarding LuAnn, I did not like the way she spoke to the girls. The one girl said she wanted to be a babysitter when she grew up. LuAnn actually laughed and said Oh, you're so funny or something like that. Well, you know, in the real world, some people actually work as babysitters--maybe that kid had a mom who works as a babysitter. I don't think she should have laughed. Also, what was the point of having her there at the club in the first place? To tell them, marry a count, get a title, and you'll have self-esteem? Really, laughing at the girls' future goals is not going to give them self-esteem. :confused3
That segment really bothered me for some reason. It was even more shameless self-promotion than usual, imo.

I think living at the level she has for so long, she does not realize this. However, this does make a good point of why her writing a book on manners is not feasible. True class makes everyone comfortable. On the other hand, who among us is perfect? I do not always agree with Miss Manners on occasion.

I too am wondering what Simon was so upset about with Alex in next week's preview..........
Simon alluded to this incident in this weeks blog. He said he wasn't upset with Alex or the limo driver. So, I guess we just have to wait and see what got him so riled up.

I can't wait for NJ! I think I'm loving Caroline already!
And her entire family. I think her sons are a hoot!

Thank you! You must've been reading my mind.

Regarding LuAnn, I did not like the way she spoke to the girls. The one girl said she wanted to be a babysitter when she grew up. LuAnn actually laughed and said Oh, you're so funny or something like that. Well, you know, in the real world, some people actually work as babysitters--maybe that kid had a mom who works as a babysitter. I don't think she should have laughed.
I can't believe I'm gonna do this because I don't really like her. But I feel the need to defend Luann's reaction to the babysitter comment. She states in her blog "I laughed when one of the girls told me she wanted to be a babysitter because that was my first job." I didn't think her laugh was meant as malicious or condescending or anything like that.

Simon alluded to this incident in this weeks blog. He said he wasn't upset with Alex or the limo driver. So, I guess we just have to wait and see what got him so riled up.

That one scene blew me away. we have NEVER seen Alex show emotion-she is always a cool calm diva. She looks really upset:confused3

I can't believe I'm gonna do this because I don't really like her. But I feel the need to defend Luann's reaction to the babysitter comment. She states in her blog "I laughed when one of the girls told me she wanted to be a babysitter because that was my first job." I didn't think her laugh was meant as malicious or condescending or anything like that.

I guess if she added that part about it being her first job when she was speaking to the girls, that might explain it. They didn't show that though. Or maybe she added that explanation to her blog because she realized how she looked... ;)
I cannot get sucked into reading the blogs..I feel guilty enough that I am watching the show on tv!! :)

Must not read blogs...must not read blogs...

Seriously, how many more times do we have to hear LuAnn talk about the Suez Canal. Nobody cares about your cheating husband's ancestry.
She was all excited to tell them about the Suez Canal and they all just looked at her with blank looks. How many kids that age have ever heard or care about the Suez Canal?

I thought Bethanny's behavior was pretty atrocious this episode and Ramona and her husband Mario are the worst.
What did Bethanny do that was so bad? I can't recall her doing much except help Jill get Simon to play tennis.

Lying is being nice? She did not say that the child was a disgusting pig. She stated that she had a lovely face and had the height. Which I agree, she is a pretty girl. Most people do not think of plus size when they think of modeling. Thankfully that is slowly changing and we are realizing that beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.
Plus size models are not what most people consider "plus size". The girl that won America's Next Top Model last season was plus size, I think she was probably about a size 10. In real life nobody would say she was plus size.

Exactly. She didn't have to say anything. Of course she just can't help herself.:rolleyes:

This is so true. I mean, LuAnn has a Nanny! Isn't that basically a babysitter? What if nobody wanted to do that job and work for Countess Snarkypants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter