PRINCESS Palooza 2011! 9/9 Update: Departure Day

:wave2: Your hands needed a break I bet!

What do you think of the new look? It's not too different, more poofy on the sleeves, and skirt.
I think Katie will be happy with a bigger size too. Tight shoes can wreck a trip!

Crap. :sad2:

Yeah..... my hands were definitely ready to go on strike.

I actually love Cindy's new gown. They cold probably tame down the sleeves a bit, but overall, I LOVE it. For those who haven't seen it....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcbrz3sfyj1qd6ecio3_1280.jpg

And Katie's new Cindy for this year is actually a little similar. I'll try to get pictures of that soon.

And yes. Double crap on the Avatar project moving forward again (supposedly). I find it interesting that so MANY people here on the DIS hate the idea. But then I suppose we're going to Disney no matter what. They are trying for a demographic that currently doesn't go. Only time will tell how that plays out.

No Way....
The dress is beautiful!!! i WISH i knew how to sew!!!! well, besides being the surgeon for stuffed animals, and holes in pants!!! :rotfl2:

We ended up getting an AP preview for new fantasyland, and we're going to take a quick trip in mid Nov. So now I'll be back for the holidays after all & maybe I'll be there when it's cold enough to see Mary in her other costume. ;)

mom2rtk said:
And yes. Double crap on the Avatar project moving forward again (supposedly). I find it interesting that so MANY people here on the DIS hate the idea. But then I suppose we're going to Disney no matter what. They are trying for a demographic that currently doesn't go. Only time will tell how that plays out.

I'm kind of hoping with the star wars deal, that they'll scrap the avatar stuff and make star wars land instead :)

No Way....
The dress is beautiful!!! i WISH i knew how to sew!!!! well, besides being the surgeon for stuffed animals, and holes in pants!!! :rotfl2:

LOL, at least you have the important stuff covered!

We ended up getting an AP preview for new fantasyland, and we're going to take a quick trip in mid Nov. So now I'll be back for the holidays after all & maybe I'll be there when it's cold enough to see Mary in her other costume. ;)

I'm kind of hoping with the star wars deal, that they'll scrap the avatar stuff and make star wars land instead :)

Well YEAH for squeezing in a quick trip to see FL! Be sure to report back here when you get back and give me the scoop. And yeah for all the other quick trips you'll have to squeeze in as the owner of a shiny new AP!

And yes, I really hope they'll scrap Avatarland, but I'm not really optimistic. But it would be nice to see them do more with the movies in the parks.

Have you seen this thread? LEAKED

Yeah, I saw it. That's part of the reason I'm doubting they could scrap the Avatar plans at this point. I don't care how cool the attractions are. It just does nothing for me. I don't go to Disney for the rides themselves. I go for the total package. And if the back story doesn't appeal to me, the ride won't either.

Yeah, I saw it. That's part of the reason I'm doubting they could scrap the Avatar plans at this point. I don't care how cool the attractions are. It just does nothing for me. I don't go to Disney for the rides themselves. I go for the total package. And if the back story doesn't appeal to me, the ride won't either.

I agree with you... They could have done something so much better.

Totally depressed about the whole Avatar Thing. Loved the glass slippers and I really like Cindy's new look too! its more fun than formal. So other than enchanted tales with belle the only place to see her in the yellow dress will be akershus. Booo I don't really plan to head back to Akershus. we weren't very impressed.

I agree with you... They could have done something so much better.

Totally depressed about the whole Avatar Thing. Loved the glass slippers and I really like Cindy's new look too! its more fun than formal. So other than enchanted tales with belle the only place to see her in the yellow dress will be akershus. Booo I don't really plan to head back to Akershus. we weren't very impressed.

I'm just sort of pretending the whole Avatar thing isn't happenng. I honestly don't see myself even visiting it, so it's like it's not even there.

I've seen a few more pictures posted of Cindy's new gown. I'm mostly still loving it. But something about the sleeves bugs me a little. And sometimes the hair looks like a nice update to her old look.... .and sometimes it just looks messy. I'm guessing it depends on the particular Cinderella friend involved. Hmmmm.........

I finally got the old shoes shipped back off. We're definitely sticking with the larger size. I'm glad I went through the hassle.

mom2rtk said:
Well YEAH for squeezing in a quick trip to see FL! Be sure to report back here when you get back and give me the scoop. And yeah for all the other quick trips you'll have to squeeze in as the owner of a shiny new AP!

And yes, I really hope they'll scrap Avatarland, but I'm not really optimistic. But it would be nice to see them do more with the movies in the parks.

Definitely!! :) I've been trying not to look at pics so I won't be spoiled, I can't wait! And a friend was able to get into the tables in wonderland dinner at BOG the next night (my TiW card expired last week), and invited me. So now I'm more excited!! :D I'm still debating about whether to do MVMCP, I'll probably crack after reading reports from the first night. ;) and I'll hope it gets a little chilly one day so I can see Mary in her red outfit, lol! (she was out the other day, it was THAT cold in Florida! Crazy!)

Ooh, did I post about the characters I met last trip? During the 5K, I met the Haunted Mansion Grave Diggers, Big Bad Wolf, and Scarecrow Mickey!! :) Also during the trip I met Jack & Sally (total nightmare, but I finally got them) & meeting Knight Donald at mnsshp was the highlight of the party. ;) I went to the post ToT race party, but they didn't have any villains out that aren't at mnsshp, so that was disappointing. Pics on at my site in my sig (I hope, I'm posting on the iPad app & can't see my sig, lol, but I think it's there?)

I agree with you about Cinderella's new look. I hate the hair, though it didn't look as bad in one pic I saw. I'm curious/nervous to see what the other princess makeovers will look like.

Definitely!! :) I've been trying not to look at pics so I won't be spoiled, I can't wait! And a friend was able to get into the tables in wonderland dinner at BOG the next night (my TiW card expired last week), and invited me. So now I'm more excited!! :D I'm still debating about whether to do MVMCP, I'll probably crack after reading reports from the first night. ;) and I'll hope it gets a little chilly one day so I can see Mary in her red outfit, lol! (she was out the other day, it was THAT cold in Florida! Crazy!)

Ooh, did I post about the characters I met last trip? During the 5K, I met the Haunted Mansion Grave Diggers, Big Bad Wolf, and Scarecrow Mickey!! :) Also during the trip I met Jack & Sally (total nightmare, but I finally got them) & meeting Knight Donald at mnsshp was the highlight of the party. ;) I went to the post ToT race party, but they didn't have any villains out that aren't at mnsshp, so that was disappointing. Pics on at my site in my sig (I hope, I'm posting on the iPad app & can't see my sig, lol, but I think it's there?)

I agree with you about Cinderella's new look. I hate the hair, though it didn't look as bad in one pic I saw. I'm curious/nervous to see what the other princess makeovers will look like.

I probably would have been better served not to look so many photos and videos, but I have absolutely no willpower at all! :lmao: Besides, I have to know to plan my photo shots, right? :teeth:

I've seen photos of some of the characters Disney puts out for their marathons. I'm telling you..... PE class was the one class that always brought my GPA down. It's just not my deal. But this is the FIRST thing ever that has tempted me to want to take up running. But then I figured out that any photo of me that had to be taken mid-run probably wasn't one I wanted to see later anyway!

I'll pop over and check out your photos. Sounds like you had a great trip full of many great characters.

I do keep watching for more photos of Cindy. I'm sorry to say the more shots I see the less I like the whole new look. The sleeves continue to bother me and for some reason now I've noticed how short her gloves are that bothers me too. But I'm just funny that way..... :lmao: The hair bothers me more than not, but I have found that it depends on which friend is wearing it.

Thanks Carey! :cool1: Happy Thanksgiving right back at you!

2 weeks from today I'll be racing around getting ready to head to the airport. I can't believe it's this close FINALLY!

Happy Thanksgiving! How exciting that your trip is so close! :)

Back from our weekend trip, and it was chilly most nights, but on our last day, when we woke up, it was pretty cold. And the first thing I thought of was, "omg, Mary Poppins might be out in her nanny outfit!!" so even though I knew it would be crazy crowded (the wait for dumbo was 100 min, lol!!), I went straight to MK after checking our bags. And...I met her!! I'm probably going to wait to update my character site until after Disneyland (12 days!), but here's a pic I posted in instagram:

http://instagr.am/p/SN7vjpogZc/

I was so excited, it made my trip, lol, but I had to share!

So, now let me post a couple quick thoughts about new fantasyland! First, after all the aggravation we went through to get the AP preview, they let everyone in that day! It was pretty annoying. They let people with wristbands in through the FP line for the little mermaid (though I wanted to see the queue, so I also waited 20 min, and I ended up feeling like that was a waste. I heard so much about how great the queue was, but I didn't really feel it.) they thankfully ended up only letting people with wristbands in for belle, since I was NOT going through the FP for that, and when I first got there, the wait was 70 min!

For Belle, I made sure to volunteer, lol, I was a salt shaker. ;) I didn't have to stand up there during the show but when they did the parade, I jumped in, so I was able to get the pic. The pic thing was really fast, so the pic my mom took wasn't great (there wasn't enough time for her to really set it up), but i do love the 2 that photopass took. The show was cute, probably made cuter since there were some adorable kids in there that stole the show. ;) the photopass takes a ton of pics of the show, which is nice if the your kid is in the show, too. It's something I wouldn't run to do again right (though I need to go through Maurice's cottage again!), but I liked it more than I thought.

I was able to eat both lunch & dinner at Be Our Guest. We were one of the last ones in for lunch, so we didn't have to wait to get inside. That also meant we were the last ones to leave so I got lots of pics of the empty restaurant. ;) the food was good both times, though the value was much better for dinner. And it's good we ate lunch there, since when I went back with friends for dinner, the rose room was closed off. I did eat dinner the day BEFORE the Beast started meeting, boo, lol.

I met Gaston, and he was awesome (one time he looked at his reflection in my sunglasses & was fixing his hair ;)) I didn't like how they kept saying there was no line for Gaston, so it was a free for all. That also meant I couldn't get a pic of him posing by himself, which I always love to take. They seem to still be experimenting with where to place him. I've seen pics of him by his statue, a CM told me he'd be in front of his tavern, but I met him in the side of the tavern by a door.

My favorite area was the little mermaid section. Eric's castle is gorgeous, both day and night, I couldn't stop taking pics (I was there at night during mvmcp & the night we ate at BoG, and new fantasyland was empty!) I like Ariel's grotto way better than the old one, and I expect to go back to meet her again. :)

One other thing, I did feel like the whole area, especially at night, was dark. the lighting for the inside meet & greets (including Pete's silly sildeshow, which I loved!) was very weird, and I know I'm going to have to do a lot of photoshopping to fix that. I don't really like using my flash, but I think next time, I might have to for Ariel & Pete's.

Oh, and to finish this "quick" (haha sorry!) report, I met Cinderella and family during mvmcp (our party was EMPTY!), and I still hate her new look. It was at night so I couldn't get a great look, but still. Of course I lied and told her I loved her new dress, lol, and she was all excited to show me that she had pockets in her dress, lol!

mom2rtk said:
I probably would have been better served not to look so many photos and videos, but I have absolutely no willpower at all! :lmao: Besides, I have to know to plan my photo shots, right? :teeth:

I took over 2000 pics over a weekend and still felt like I definitely missed some good pics! I don't know why, sometimes I get all caught up in being there and my brain shuts down, lol. Oh well, next time, I know I'll be there in Feb!

mom2rtk said:
I've seen photos of some of the characters Disney puts out for their marathons. I'm telling you..... PE class was the one class that always brought my GPA down. It's just not my deal. But this is the FIRST thing ever that has tempted me to want to take up running. But then I figured out that any photo of me that had to be taken mid-run probably wasn't one I wanted to see later anyway!.

I spent my entire time in school figuring out how to get out of gym class, so if I can do it, anyone can. ;) I walk everyday, all to make sure my legs are in shape for Disney. ;) I was walking 2mi a day, so I figured 3.1 wasn't much more, so I just started walking longer each day. I walked the whole 5k. I would like to start running, but I haven't yet, lol. The characters that are out are just amazing, so maybe someday I'll work up to a half. IF I ever start running. ;) but there were all ages doing the 5k, and whole families, so maybe you can convince your family to do it with you? ;)

Back from our weekend trip, and it was chilly most nights, but on our last day, when we woke up, it was pretty cold. And the first thing I thought of was, "omg, Mary Poppins might be out in her nanny outfit!!" so even though I knew it would be crazy crowded (the wait for dumbo was 100 min, lol!!), I went straight to MK after checking our bags. And...I met her!! I'm probably going to wait to update my character site until after Disneyland (12 days!), but here's a pic I posted in instagram:

So, now let me post a couple quick thoughts about new fantasyland! First, after all the aggravation we went through to get the AP preview, they let everyone in that day! It was pretty annoying. They let people with wristbands in through the FP line for the little mermaid (though I wanted to see the queue, so I also waited 20 min, and I ended up feeling like that was a waste. I heard so much about how great the queue was, but I didn't really feel it.) they thankfully ended up only letting people with wristbands in for belle, since I was NOT going through the FP for that, and when I first got there, the wait was 70 min!

For Belle, I made sure to volunteer, lol, I was a salt shaker. ;) I didn't have to stand up there during the show but when they did the parade, I jumped in, so I was able to get the pic. The pic thing was really fast, so the pic my mom took wasn't great (there wasn't enough time for her to really set it up), but i do love the 2 that photopass took. The show was cute, probably made cuter since there were some adorable kids in there that stole the show. ;) the photopass takes a ton of pics of the show, which is nice if the your kid is in the show, too. It's something I wouldn't run to do again right (though I need to go through Maurice's cottage again!), but I liked it more than I thought.

I was able to eat both lunch & dinner at Be Our Guest. We were one of the last ones in for lunch, so we didn't have to wait to get inside. That also meant we were the last ones to leave so I got lots of pics of the empty restaurant. ;) the food was good both times, though the value was much better for dinner. And it's good we ate lunch there, since when I went back with friends for dinner, the rose room was closed off. I did eat dinner the day BEFORE the Beast started meeting, boo, lol.

I met Gaston, and he was awesome (one time he looked at his reflection in my sunglasses & was fixing his hair ;)) I didn't like how they kept saying there was no line for Gaston, so it was a free for all. That also meant I couldn't get a pic of him posing by himself, which I always love to take. They seem to still be experimenting with where to place him. I've seen pics of him by his statue, a CM told me he'd be in front of his tavern, but I met him in the side of the tavern by a door.

My favorite area was the little mermaid section. Eric's castle is gorgeous, both day and night, I couldn't stop taking pics (I was there at night during mvmcp & the night we ate at BoG, and new fantasyland was empty!) I like Ariel's grotto way better than the old one, and I expect to go back to meet her again. :)

One other thing, I did feel like the whole area, especially at night, was dark. the lighting for the inside meet & greets (including Pete's silly sildeshow, which I loved!) was very weird, and I know I'm going to have to do a lot of photoshopping to fix that. I don't really like using my flash, but I think next time, I might have to for Ariel & Pete's.

Oh, and to finish this "quick" (haha sorry!) report, I met Cinderella and family during mvmcp (our party was EMPTY!), and I still hate her new look. It was at night so I couldn't get a great look, but still. Of course I lied and told her I loved her new dress, lol, and she was all excited to show me that she had pockets in her dress, lol!

I took over 2000 pics over a weekend and still felt like I definitely missed some good pics! I don't know why, sometimes I get all caught up in being there and my brain shuts down, lol. Oh well, next time, I know I'll be there in Feb!

I spent my entire time in school figuring out how to get out of gym class, so if I can do it, anyone can. ;) I walk everyday, all to make sure my legs are in shape for Disney. ;) I was walking 2mi a day, so I figured 3.1 wasn't much more, so I just started walking longer each day. I walked the whole 5k. I would like to start running, but I haven't yet, lol. The characters that are out are just amazing, so maybe someday I'll work up to a half. IF I ever start running. ;) but there were all ages doing the 5k, and whole families, so maybe you can convince your family to do it with you? ;)

I would love to see your pictures. I made it in twice, but only at night and it was so dark and my pictures are not great because of that. I saw all 3 rooms at BOG, but they are not lighted well and my pictures suffered.

I would love to see your pictures. I made it in twice, but only at night and it was so dark and my pictures are not great because of that. I saw all 3 rooms at BOG, but they are not lighted well and my pictures suffered.

I felt like everything in new fantasyland is too dark. :( At night, they really need more lighting out there.

I'm not sure I'm going to get any pics posted before my Disneyland trip next week, but here's a few I posted on instagram:

These first 2 are actually from my camera, the rest from my phone:

Enchanted Tales with Belle, Lumiere is awesome:
http://instagram.com/p/SRg09Fogf6/

Closeup of the Belle/Beast music box:
http://instagram.com/p/SRgVk9Igfc/

Front door to Be Our Guest:
http://instagr.am/p/SRgFjIogfK/

Be Our Guest dinner:
http://instagr.am/p/SMYCNqIgSZ/

Collage of 4 of my favorite things inside Be Our Guest:
http://instagram.com/p/SJhmaIIgY4/

Little Mermaid castle (I hate how instagram forces the pics be square, I like the original pic with the greenery):
http://instagr.am/p/SJI3yJIge7/

Belle bookmark & photopass card (I painted my nails gold in honor of Belle, lol):
http://instagram.com/p/SJI07Joge5/

If I can post some pics before I leave, I'll be back. ;)

Thank you SO much for your rundown on FL! I'm really starting to get excited and can't wait to see it all for myself.

I had to laugh out loud at your story about meeting Mary in her red coat. That is totally something I'd do. Just wake up and say "maybe today!"

And Gaston sounds like a ton of fun. They do seem to be experimenting more with trying to move away from the traditional "line up and meet" format for characters. But honestly I wish they'd just leave well enough alone. It never goes well like that. I still remember the couple of dance parties we have done and it seems like everyone in the room was playing a game of trying to get photos with the characters, and all the characters were trying hard to evade them. Very odd.

LOL on Cindy's pockets. I'll have to ask her about it. I'm still torn about the new look. I love the style of the dress and the fabrics...... but those sleeves really do ruin it for me.

Thanks for the encouragement on the walking/running. I'm still not sure I see that in my future though.

I felt like everything in new fantasyland is too dark. :( At night, they really need more lighting out there.

I'm not sure I'm going to get any pics posted before my Disneyland trip next week, but here's a few I posted on instagram:

These first 2 are actually from my camera, the rest from my phone:

Enchanted Tales with Belle, Lumiere is awesome:
http://instagram.com/p/SRg09Fogf6/

Closeup of the Belle/Beast music box:
http://instagram.com/p/SRgVk9Igfc/

Front door to Be Our Guest:
http://instagr.am/p/SRgFjIogfK/

Be Our Guest dinner:
http://instagr.am/p/SMYCNqIgSZ/

Collage of 4 of my favorite things inside Be Our Guest:
http://instagram.com/p/SJhmaIIgY4/

Little Mermaid castle (I hate how instagram forces the pics be square, I like the original pic with the greenery):
http://instagr.am/p/SJI3yJIge7/

Belle bookmark & photopass card (I painted my nails gold in honor of Belle, lol):
http://instagram.com/p/SJI07Joge5/

If I can post some pics before I leave, I'll be back. ;)

Great shots! I especially LOVE that shot of Belle with Lumiere. :love: Thanks for taking the time to post them here. If I come away with a shot like that, I'll be very happy. :goodvibes

I picked up my Mickey Mail today and will be in single digits tomorrow. Right now I really need things to slow down a little. I still have things to do before we go!

And of course like clockwork, we have a potentially major repair crop up. In 2010 my husband had to replace 1 of our 2 furnace units while I was at Disney. Last year we had a big plumbing issue right before leavin. Today it was the second furnace. We're still trying to decide if a repair will do it or if we have to dredge up the cash for another unit. :faint: All I wanted was a clean getaway.........

Thanks for sharing your pictures kswm30b. It looks like your shots are similar to mine. It was just so hard to shoot in the dark...basically.

I like your daytime shots though. Sadly I never got to see it in the daylight.

Janet, with Gaston, he kept walking all over and we just kept following and I kept pushing Claire towards him. LOL Oh and she did NOT want to meet him, I made her, but she was happy afterwards.

Janet, with Gaston, he kept walking all over and we just kept following and I kept pushing Claire towards him. LOL Oh and she did NOT want to meet him, I made her, but she was happy afterwards.

Lovely. More game playing to get character photos. Sigh.

When will they learn.... and just clear this stuff with me ahead of time? :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter