Poll- Your Pet peeves

I understand how frustrating the hand sanitizer can be. But to have so many people in such close quarters, it is completely necessary. Not everyone hand washes. I can control this in my home environment but not onboard a vessel carrying a thousands of germ carrying Petri dishes.
It gives me piece of mind.

How about having the elevator stop and the people getting in are going up or down one deck.

Or getting in the elevator and someone pushed all the buttons.

I can't stand the people who take pictures or videos with there Ipad. I've walked around the ship late at night or early in the morning and used it, but no one was around. Iphone and Ipod much better.

Also can't stand the parents who think there kids should be up front for everything and show up right at the start of something. I'm all for letting kids up front, but when your too the side and making sure your not blocking people too much then someone else comes along and stands in front of you and puts the kid on their shoulders:headache:, true it happened and the funny part in there was more space else where, so I moved to see, yeah I'm short

parents that don't watch their kids, or let them misbehave without saying anything!!!
I thought I was the only one who thought those ipad cameras looked stupid!!:rotfl2:

I'll be reading the thread, trying to find that annoying thing that I relate with.... so far I'm realizing I'm pretty laid back.

Ok this is obscure but parents who allow and encourage their kids (the dad was with them on our last trip) to follow the cm's from one beach to the other during the hermit crab races on castaway cay so they could pick the same crab that won on the last race...omg! Do you have to win that key chain that bad ! Lol cm's looked miffed...

Adults that have no problem trampling over the kids to get to something on the buffet line.

Adults that aren't polite enough to let kids they don't know stand in front of them so the kids can see the show too

Adults that don't say " thank you" to the kids that are polite enough to hold the door open for them

Adults that feel it's ok to let their kids hog something while other kids are waiting

Obviously,I have a pattern . Adults tend to do more to make me annoyed than kids do!

Sorry, but I've had just as many experiences of kids doing these things and treating us this way. Stepping on me to get food, push past me to get through a door, and never say thank you when YOU hold the door open for them! Manners works both ways ;)

AS for the hand sanitizer, while I know those are good points, I feel a lot of disease those first couple of days on the ship are prevented by use of them. Also, I work in a libray and have students and public hacking all over me, the phone, the pens they use and the books. Every time I handle something, I sanitize. I have avoided all the various plagues that hit our school over the last two years and I credit the sanitizer from "saving" me :goodvibes However, when at home I no longer buy antibacterial soap for that reason and only use regular hand soap.

Definitely the iPad photos! So annoying.

Wet swimsuits, no coverups and/or no footwear worn into the buffet. On our Last cruise a man was literally sopping wet, wearing nothing but a speedo, and bellying up for a bite... It was gross - visually and hygienically.

Line cutters... I have to speak up, and don't pretend you don't understand basic English, or common courtesy for that matter.

People changing diapers on pool lounge chairs... Or any public area not designated as a diaper changing spot!

I understand how frustrating the hand sanitizer can be. But to have so many people in such close quarters, it is completely necessary. Not everyone hand washes. I can control this in my home environment but not onboard a vessel carrying a thousands of germ carrying Petri dishes.
It gives me piece of mind.

What you can control is yourself. If you wash often, you are helping yourself. Someone else sanitizing or washing isn't something you can control.

We shouldn't bother with what others are doing in that respect, if we are doing what we should be doing.

The fact that I'm on my couch and not on the ship! ;-)

Seriously though, the fact that I can only get that delicious Orchard's Best juice from Cabanas during their operating hours! Put one at the outside drink station please!! Minor yes, but man I love that stuff!

Poor elevator etiquette. It drives me crazy when you're trying to get off of an elevator and people are trying to shove their way in. We had many discussions with our kids about how you step to the side and let everyone off before stepping into the elevator. Unfortunately, we had a lot of examples of what not to do - and the adults were worse than the kids! :mad:

I'm actually surprised no one else has said this. I do not frequent Quiet Cove all that much, but kids should really respect the boundaries. Even when our stateroom was forward, we had our kids always go down to mid-ship before going up to the pool deck.

Also, has common courtesy just gone out the back door? Please, Thank you, etc....show appreciation to the CM's, they work so hard and they are always polite.

I'm actually surprised no one else has said this. I do not frequent Quiet Cove all that much, but kids should really respect the boundaries. Even when our stateroom was forward, we had our kids always go down to mid-ship before going up to the pool deck. Also, has common courtesy just gone out the back door? Please, Thank you, etc....show appreciation to the CM's, they work so hard and they are always polite.

I totally agree. I was shocked that some CMs we were polite to by asking how they were and thank you (just normal common curtesy) where shocked that we did so. And yes adult areas for adults on the two cruises we have been on it has not been a problem though.

Adults that don't make room for children to see the show. I saw this mainly at the pirate show. Not trying to knell down our sit crossed legged so the little ones can see. Reminded me of parade time in the park.

Had one guy with a video camera on a tall tripod standing up front middle the entire time.

Funny that you should say that...

Not specifically cruise ship (perhaps more park), but my pet peeve is when children, or their parents, believe that they are entitled to stand in front of people who have been staking out their spot for hours just because they're kids. Sure, it is nice if someone offers for a late coming child to stand in front of them or kneels down so that they can see, but I find it completely self-centered when a child just pushes their way to the front of a crowd (or their parents push their child in front of people). If you want a good spot for the parade, arrive early and wait for it. Just because someone is adult doesn't mean that they aren't deserving of a front row seat.

As for the tripod, I occasionally shoot fireworks photos with a tripod in the parks. I stake out my spot sometimes hours beforehand (3 hours on NYE) and set my tripod up so that everyone around me understands that it will be there. It is not a surprise that I whip out ten minutes before the show starts. If you're a latecomer and are stuck behind my tripod, I am very sorry that you did not have a good view, but you could have prevented that from happening by arriving earlier.

People leaving trash everywhere/ making an unnecessary mess.

People being rude/mean to crew.

Dining staff pressuring you to find their service "excellent"

Adults who forget they are parents when they go on a cruise.

Chair hogs on the pool deck.

People who wear sweats/ pajama type wear to dinner.

Adults who push their children to the front of character lines.

Children on adults shoulders during deck parties.

People who run through the hallways at night or talk loudly in hallways at night.

And biggest pet peeve: People who take chairs and move them in front of you on Castaway Cay. I hate it when people create their own new first row! Like how rude to plop your butt right in front of me! Sorry you didn't get a front row seat, but I got here early and made an effort so you need to sit in the established second row!

Sorry, but I've had just as many experiences of kids doing these things and treating us this way. Stepping on me to get food, push past me to get through a door, and never say thank you when YOU hold the door open for them! Manners works both ways ;)

Don't get me wrong-I fully agree manners go both ways and there are definitely some brats out there. In a sad commentary kind of way,it almost doesn't surprise me to see oblivious behavior from kids.I don't condone it,but it doesn't exactly shock me. (unless they're really rude) Too many parents think vacation means vacation from everything including watching their kids. To see adults have bad manners is frustrating.

DD1 just admitted the other day in a blog written for martial arts that she has classmates at school that "hate" her because she always follows the rules and they think she's a goody goody.

I immediately thought of a few situations on the Fantasy that she almost went out of her way to be polite and adults didn't acknowledge. ...:confused3

Kids running up and down the hallway and running and STOMPING down the stairs. The stairs are made of steel, so it echoes when you run down them! This was at all hours of the day and night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter