Poll- Your Pet peeves

The elevator rush. When you've been standing there waiting for an elevator with enough room for you and your child (who sometimes has to be in a stroller, and does not have the mobility to do all those stairs) and every single time an elevator comes, people run out of nowhere and fill it up. We have literally waited 15 min for an elevator before :-/

mystifyny said:
How about having the elevator stop and the people getting in are going up or down one deck.

Or getting in the elevator and someone pushed all the buttons.
Judge lest ye be judged...
Some people use the elevator even for one flight because stairs are excruciatingly painful to walk up and down. I look perfectly healthy to anyone else but have had 2 back surgeries...one of which was a failure and left me with more issues than it fixed and permanent nerve damage. You would not know how much pain I suffer walking and even more going up and down stairs. Don't judge people for using elevators even for just one deck until you have walked in their shoes. ;)

Ok 100% agree on everyday life, I can't stand when people do not say thank you for me or my family holding the door for them....I've been known to say "your welcome" in a loud enough voice when they don't, so irritating :mad:

Adults that have no problem trampling over the kids to get to something on the buffet line.

Adults that aren't polite enough to let kids they don't know stand in front of them so the kids can see the show too

Adults that don't say " thank you" to the kids that are polite enough to hold the door open for them

Adults that feel it's ok to let their kids hog something while other kids are waiting

Obviously,I have a pattern . Adults tend to do more to make me annoyed than kids do!

disprincess4ever said:
People leaving trash everywhere/ making an unnecessary mess.

People being rude/mean to crew.

Dining staff pressuring you to find their service "excellent"

Adults who forget they are parents when they go on a cruise.

Chair hogs on the pool deck.

People who wear sweats/ pajama type wear to dinner.

Adults who push their children to the front of character lines.

Children on adults shoulders during deck parties.

People who run through the hallways at night or talk loudly in hallways at night.

And biggest pet peeve: People who take chairs and move them in front of you on Castaway Cay. I hate it when people create their own new first row! Like how rude to plop your butt right in front of me! Sorry you didn't get a front row seat, but I got here early and made an effort so you need to sit in the established second row!

Just out of curiosity... not trying to start an argument but just asking....
So where do you think the front row should begin?
If someone wants to sit in the water's edge and the beach is busy, they cannot unless they had come out there ahead of everyone else? I mean on the larger ships on a full sailing, family beach can be pretty packed. Nobody owns any part of the beach. I'm not sure I understand your logic. To me then, the front row starts at the water's edge. If you don't want someone in front of you, put yourself right next to the water. That's how it works on public beaches around here. :)

People who talk during the shows. Some try to whisper, some not. It doesn't matter, we can still hear your voice, and it is very disruptive. The bottom line is this: If you open your mouth WE CAN HEAR YOU.

And, don't show up AFTER the show has started and start looking for seats. Sit your butt down in the back row. When you come in, stand around and try to look for seats, you are in our way and disturbing everyone. You should have arrived well before the show began to look for the perfect seat LIKE MY FAMILY JUST DID!!

Soooo rude to show up late, it drives me absolutely nuts!

I guess being on vacation I don't let any of these things bother me. I have learned a long time ago, don't sweat the small stuff....makes my vacation more enjoyable. We all have our little quirks.

This is absolutely me. I don't love bad manners, but I try to ignore.

Kids in the adult only areas.
Parents who use their strollers as a type of battering ram (parks mostly). Biggest pet peeve......facing the end of the cruise :eek:

people who start every conversation (or post) by naming the amount of cruises they have been on....in detail....just say you have cruised before and I will believe you

also, people who insist on handling ALL the photos in Shutters with their fingers all over the face of the print....is it your first day ever seeing a photo?!?!

People who smoke in the non-smoking sections of the deck. Even worse, smoking a cigar in the non-smoking section.

Hypocrites
Someone who says they dislike something, then turns right around and does the same thing.

I understand how frustrating the hand sanitizer can be. But to have so many people in such close quarters, it is completely necessary. Not everyone hand washes. I can control this in my home environment but not onboard a vessel carrying a thousands of germ carrying Petri dishes.
It gives me piece of mind.

:thumbsup2

At home, we don't sanitize constantly because germs are necessary to build up your immune system.

But on a cruise where norovirus can run rampart.....please EVERYone use the hand sanitizer so MY family doesn't get sick from YOUR germs!!

Since they installed the wave phones in every stateroom, the constant ringing during shows is really irritating. It seems every show or movie has a wave phone ringing every two minutes. We don't use them so I am not sure but shouldn't they have a vibrate feature like other mobile phones.

Funny that you should say that... Not specifically cruise ship (perhaps more park), but my pet peeve is when children, or their parents, believe that they are entitled to stand in front of people who have been staking out their spot for hours just because they're kids. Sure, it is nice if someone offers for a late coming child to stand in front of them or kneels down so that they can see, but I find it completely self-centered when a child just pushes their way to the front of a crowd (or their parents push their child in front of people). If you want a good spot for the parade, arrive early and wait for it. Just because someone is adult doesn't mean that they aren't deserving of a front row seat. As for the tripod, I occasionally shoot fireworks photos with a tripod in the parks. I stake out my spot sometimes hours beforehand (3 hours on NYE) and set my tripod up so that everyone around me understands that it will be there. It is not a surprise that I whip out ten minutes before the show starts. If you're a latecomer and are stuck behind my tripod, I am very sorry that you did not have a good view, but you could have prevented that from happening by arriving earlier.
Arrived early, our kids and about 4 others were the only ones on the pool deck. For parades we always arrived early to be on the curb since my daughter is in a wheel chair. Most times people are polite, many times we've had entire families walk in front of us and stand. I agree if your late you get what you get, or wait for next time. Believe me it frustrates us when entire families take advantage of handicapped viewing areas. One of us stays with my daughter and the rest of us find somewhere else to watch from.

Since they installed the wave phones in every stateroom, the constant ringing during shows is really irritating. It seems every show or movie has a wave phone ringing every two minutes. We don't use them so I am not sure but shouldn't they have a vibrate feature like other mobile phones.

They have switched all of the Wave phones to vibrate only now because of this problem.

My BIL has an Ipad that he uses as a camera that looks so silly and every time we say "My what a big camera you have!" :rolleyes1 Just because it can take pictures doesn't mean you have to use it exclusively.

:thumbsup2

At home, we don't sanitize constantly because germs are necessary to build up your immune system.

But on a cruise where norovirus can run rampart.....please EVERYone use the hand sanitizer so MY family doesn't get sick from YOUR germs!!

Nope. I hate hand sanitizer and I wash my hands about 400 times a day. Did I mention I HATE it? Also, do some reading on hand sanitizer. It's not making your hands as clean as you think it is.

The wave phones have only been able to vibrate, which is why it is easy to miss a text or call. Not sure what you were hearing ring, but it wasn't those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter