Poll- Your Pet peeves

I don't know if it was something their server started, or the group started. Every time their server came by, there were loud chants that sounded like, "Palo, Palo, Palo" or may have been the name "Paulo"? So we heard this in the neighborhood of 8 or so times during the course of dinner. Sounded like they chanted a different name when the assistant server came by, so we guessed that they were 'cheering' on their servers. I don't know why. Their servers seemed to enjoy it. At any rate, totally inappropriate for a group of adults in a public space where others were trying to enjoy their nice dinners and have conversations. It was especially evident and annoying in Triton's because of the more toned-down atmosphere.

I spoke to our server about it on night 6, when I had just had enough, though I don't know how much control he could have over a table that was not his to serve. Didn't get a chance to speak to the head server about it. It's one thing if the guests are rude, and another if their server encouraged it, which is why I have emailed Guest Services.

This was completely separate from the various tables having Happy birthday sung.

Our BIGGEST pet peeve at WDW -- riding back to your room half dead from fatigue on the bus at 11 p.m. and the bus driver decides to get a round of singing in!!!!!

I might be repeating what has already been said, but:

The way the serving teams present the novelty kid cup upgrades in the MDR. They bring the actual items out, light them up, make sure the kids can see them and then ask you if you'd like to buy.

I have no problem telling my kids they can't have an impulse purchase (and to their credit, they usually don't fuss about it), but I still don't appreciate the tactic of making me the bad guy/wet blanket in that scenario.

The way the serving teams present the novelty kid cup upgrades in the MDR. They bring the actual items out, light them up, make sure the kids can see them and then ask you if you'd like to buy.

I have no problem telling my kids they can't have an impulse purchase (and to their credit, they usually don't fuss about it), but I still don't appreciate the tactic of making me the bad guy/wet blanket in that scenario.
We didn't get that spiel about the Beauty and the Beast cups. (but my boys are older) We got the, "these will be worth 5 times this price on eBay tomorrow". I bought 2, mostly because I thought they were cute, but then I had to pack them and wash them and find a place in the cupboard for them. Oh well.

We got the, "these will be worth 5 times this price on eBay tomorrow".

Were they hawking the same "enchanted rose" tumblers as found in the parks?

Maybe I'm taking it out of context, but that "eBay" comment kind of bugs me. "Buy this, not because I think it's cool or that I think you personally will enjoy it, but because you can flip it on eBay for a profit as soon as you get off the ship."

Let's just suck all of the whimsy out of it, shall we?

Last edited:

I assume they are the same. Yes, there is a rose inside. And then they served a sticky drink in it that has to be scrubbed off. Very true about the ebay thing, but it got my financially starved teen's attention.

I don't love this either

UGH, this would be a horrible situation to put the parents in. Luckily, my daughter is older now and we don't have to worry about it (but still HATE that "excellence" speech)

One of our table mates a few cruises ago combated this issue by bringing with them what looked like an ice cube that would light up different colors that they bought at the dollar store and also had one for our DD. We dropped them in the kids drinks and they were not the least bit interested in buying the one that the server was pushing.

If we remember, we also bring the light up tinkerbell that we bought on a previous cruise that works just as well.

One of our table mates a few cruises ago combated this issue by bringing with them what looked like an ice cube that would light up different colors that they bought at the dollar store and also had one for our DD. We dropped them in the kids drinks and they were not the least bit interested in buying the one that the server was pushing.

Dinner meltdown avoided. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter