• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official February 2017 Thread***

Fastpasses start booking tomorrow morning and I'm in a panic. I've done NONE of my usual planning and research. Okay, maybe 1/10th. Random meals are plotted, I know what times what parks are open... but we haven't heard back which night relatives want to meet up and adding two newbies is throwing me more than I thought. A job change back in October really threw me off. I haven't touched any tips websites as much as I should. Ugh. It's almost 1am. Do I even bother? Of course I bother. My father lets me know he's counting on me for the "perfect" vacation. To do that I need to go back about 2 weeks at least. I've done this three times already! You'd think I could handle this.
*vent over*

Fastpasses start booking tomorrow morning and I'm in a panic. I've done NONE of my usual planning and research. Okay, maybe 1/10th. Random meals are plotted, I know what times what parks are open... but we haven't heard back which night relatives want to meet up and adding two newbies is throwing me more than I thought. A job change back in October really threw me off. I haven't touched any tips websites as much as I should. Ugh. It's almost 1am. Do I even bother? Of course I bother. My father lets me know he's counting on me for the "perfect" vacation. To do that I need to go back about 2 weeks at least. I've done this three times already! You'd think I could handle this.
*vent over*

I have been the exact same this trip. I've planned easily before, but this time we are going with family & it is making it almost impossible for me to plan for everyone. It overwhelms me to the point that I just stop. My FP day was 2 weeks ago. I did do some, but I've already switched them around. Heck I am still switching dining around & considering changing resorts. I'm all over the place this time. I figure it will all work out. Same for you!

Does anyone know if we will get the new magic bands? We rented points & get to choose magic band skins as a free gift. Will those work for the new magic bands?

Does anyone know if we will get the new magic bands? We rented points & get to choose magic band skins as a free gift. Will those work for the new magic bands?

Assuming your skins are from MagicYourBands - they are in the process of creating skins for MB2. Their advice is to wait and see which MB you get, and *then* place your order.

http://www.magicyourband.com/index.php/blog/magicband-2-update/

Ours ship in a week...hoping for the new ones!

I have been the exact same this trip. I've planned easily before, but this time we are going with family & it is making it almost impossible for me to plan for everyone. It overwhelms me to the point that I just stop. My FP day was 2 weeks ago. I did do some, but I've already switched them around. Heck I am still switching dining around & considering changing resorts. I'm all over the place this time. I figure it will all work out. Same for you!

Thanks. It was all so much stress last night and this morning, but now I know we'll be able to work with whatever. The newbies aren't going to know what they miss as long as we keep our gobs' shut. My father was upset about not having a Frozen FP, but getting one at Soaring before our Garden Grill reservation made much more sense. Is it bad to say I'm glad someone else knows the same struggle? It all seem trivial compared to what the Fisher family is going through right now. First Carrie and now her mom, Debbie Reynolds, too!

Thanks. It was all so much stress last night and this morning, but now I know we'll be able to work with whatever. The newbies aren't going to know what they miss as long as we keep our gobs' shut. My father was upset about not having a Frozen FP, but getting one at Soaring before our Garden Grill reservation made much more sense. Is it bad to say I'm glad someone else knows the same struggle? It all seem trivial compared to what the Fisher family is going through right now. First Carrie and now her mom, Debbie Reynolds, too!

Yes! I would say that our planning problems are extremely trivial! Have a great trip & enjoy your family!

Yippee! We are going home!!!! And our 23 year old is wanting to vacation with us. Yippee!
Whenever it snows I have a habit of looking at flights and day dreaming about vacation. Well it snowed and we found some really great prices on flights. We are going the first week in February. Yay!!!
I was wondering, is that cutting it too close to pick our colors for magic bands?
I'm waiting to hear back from our agent, but I can't seem to find our reservation with MyExperience.
My DH and I have magic bands and don't care the color, (prefer not grey) but my son has never gone and we have made sure not to get his favorite color so that when he went it would be special for him. :-) Ok he might not care but that's pixie dust for me.
I need to catch up and see if the new bands are shipping or just AP getting them. Oh ya I just bought AP and don't see that on my account either . I better try to link that one.
So happy to be back on the boards but more excited that we are actually going. DH and I spend most nights watching DIS podcasts to get our fix.
We are so happy to be going home.

Hmm I see the Annual Pass on my account but no Magic band option. Just my old ones.
Maybe it will show up later today since I just bought it?

We don't leave until the 18th, so I have a few more weeks before our MBs ship... but I really want the old ones, even though I know it's not likely.

Yippee! We are going home!!!! And our 23 year old is wanting to vacation with us. Yippee!
Whenever it snows I have a habit of looking at flights and day dreaming about vacation. Well it snowed and we found some really great prices on flights. We are going the first week in February. Yay!!!
I was wondering, is that cutting it too close to pick our colors for magic bands?
I'm waiting to hear back from our agent, but I can't seem to find our reservation with MyExperience.
My DH and I have magic bands and don't care the color, (prefer not grey) but my son has never gone and we have made sure not to get his favorite color so that when he went it would be special for him. :-) Ok he might not care but that's pixie dust for me.
I need to catch up and see if the new bands are shipping or just AP getting them. Oh ya I just bought AP and don't see that on my account either . I better try to link that one.
So happy to be back on the boards but more excited that we are actually going. DH and I spend most nights watching DIS podcasts to get our fix.
We are so happy to be going home.
Have a WONDERFUL time!!!

I am interested in sharing a Memory Maker with someone. We will be there Feb 25-March 4. Please let me know if anyone is interested or has any openings.

Am late to the party here, but we will be taking our final kid on his special WDW trip from Feb 25th - March 4th. A little bittersweet, but did some math and figured out we're too freakin' old to keep up with him so bringing his Mom as back-up! She, however, has no power over any of us as we are "in charge" so Mickey bars for breakfast are just fine...(and Dole Whips for supper rule!). And vegetables are only ingested at the wish of the ingestor!

Am late to the party here, but we will be taking our final kid on his special WDW trip from Feb 25th - March 4th. A little bittersweet, but did some math and figured out we're too freakin' old to keep up with him so bringing his Mom as back-up! She, however, has no power over any of us as we are "in charge" so Mickey bars for breakfast are just fine...(and Dole Whips for supper rule!). And vegetables are only ingested at the wish of the ingestor!

That sounds like the best trip. Who can say no to Mickey Bars for breakfast!! And you're not to late! Our dates are the same as yours. Where are you staying?

Staying? Well, when we booked it was VWL. Now, I've been told it's Boulders a-Rolling or something like that .

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter