***Official February 2017 Thread***

MamaMaleficent2016

Mouseketeer
:tinker:I will be traveling home in late January and early February. Who else is heading there with me? And are you all eagerly awaiting the rates to be released so you can book your packages. This will be my 5th trip and 5 th time being there in February. Let' s plan together!

Saving this post for Roll Call! Tell us your dates and/or resort and we'll add you to the list!
***Updated December 16***

@jandkmom started a Facebook group. Here is the link if you are interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1270848479668988/

MamaMaleficent2016 Jan 29- Feb 3 Poly, Feb 3-10 BC IG: ms.maleficent
karly05 POP Feb 4-11
Canooknic POR Feb 4-18
thksphoenicians OKW Feb 25-Mar 4
Elevationist ASM Feb 20-25
Sandy Mouse Pop Feb 4-12
AChameleon CBR Feb 25- Mar 1
MuttonJeff AKL Jan 24-Feb 7
amberdc1987 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
cyndiella POP Feb 12-16
GirlOutlaw AoA Feb 12-25
Dreamport POP Feb 26 - Mar 4
Mouselovejess ??? Feb 10-17
Michelle82 POP Feb 25-Mar 6
atir2002 POP Feb 25- Mar 4
AaronInWI BLT Feb 7-13
jgeib CBR Jan 29- Feb 6
hodad Offsite Feb 20- 28
babiipiggiex3 Offsite Feb 16- 25
cmarsh31 BVC & OKW Feb 18- 26
6travel AoA Jan 29- Feb 4
judypriv MAYBE!
jpeden BLT Feb 12-17
awaydrink POR Feb 2- Feb 8
Disneycolada Feb 26- Mar 8 AKL, SoG, BCV
Arkland Feb 15-20 CBR
beck00 Feb 25-Mar 2 CSR
3mscott Feb 1 - Feb 9 POR
sagamba Feb 18 - Feb 25 POFQ
Sherrkel CBR Feb 24- Mar 8
KSellers88 POP Feb 24 - Mar 2
Smokey Feb 11-19
lizzilou BWV Feb 4-9
Sweet Pea Reed CBR Feb 10-18
melliemelo Feb 25- Mar 4 Offsite
wvgoofyfan Jan 30- Feb 6th YC
Katniss Feb 10- 19 CBR
disneyAndi14 Feb 16- 23 AKL
tinkerbella16 Feb 2-7 Beach Club
iheartbklyn Feb 8-13 POR Cruise Feb 17-19 Contemporary
ISUamanda Feb 4-12 Poly
ownedby3 Feb 15-23 Contemporary
casnider Feb 10-12 Coronado Feb 12-18 SOG
mommy_to_C feb 24-28
MNash87 Feb6-12
Ashlightyear93 Feb 1-9 ASM
beck00 AllStar Sports Feb 25-3/2
Shanny81 Feb12-19 POFQ
wfjeff Feb10-18 POR
crosstorfer feb 17-21 Poly
StaceyB. AllStar Music Feb 25-Mar 2
lisahendy off property Feb 20-27
msmith07101 ? Feb 22-27
castoral Poly Feb 6-11
MamaMeggie Poly Feb 9-14
DisneyObsessed87 ASM Feb 21-24
karenh27 Poly Feb4-12
Jenna319 Poly Feb 13-17
Figaroo Pop Feb 4-8
platinum93 Saratoga Feb 3-10
Band mom! Disney Springs area Feb 19-25
Michy POFQ Feb 13-18
WalkinShoes Swan Feb 15-21

Last edited:
:tinker:I will be traveling home in late January and early February. Who else is heading there with me? And are you all eagerly awaiting the rates to be released so you can book your packages. This will be my 5th trip and 5 th time being there in February. Let' s plan together!

Awesome! Thanks for starting this!

I am awaiting 2017 rates before I commit, but who am I kidding? I'm going; it's just a netter of time before it's official.

This will be my 6th Annual Solo Trip, 8th WDW trip overall, 4th time going in February, and very likely 5th year in a row at POFQ. My prospective dates are Feb 4-11, and I can't wait for EasyWDW crowd calendars to come out so I can start seriously planning.

I'm excited for the new Frozen ride and Soarin', newest version of SW fireworks at DHS, whatever night show is at AK by then, and the re opening of Flying Fish.

Planning a WDW trip always makes the world a brighter place. :thumbsup2

ETA: I just saw your roll call post. You may put me down at your convenience: Feb 4-11, POFQ, karly05. Like I said, not booked yet, but barring catastrophe...

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread. I could feel your excitement through your post!! Adding you to Roll Call and excited to read more from you as your plans come together.

I have never ridden Soarin' but plan to do so this trip. And I am super excited for all of the new Star Wars things at HS.

I agree that planning a WDW trip makes the world a better place.

You're welcome. I think the lodge is an incredibly well-themed hotel. I haven't stayed there yet but we've hung out in the lobby before.

I stayed once before as a little girl and I totally agree with you about the theming! It looks like you'll be staying at a couple of resorts I'd give an A++ for theming, too.

DH absolutely loves Whispering Canyon Cafe, Territory Lounge, and generally hanging out around Wilderness Lodge. This is meant to be our 'last hurrah' trip before hitting our 30s and trying to start a family, so it didn't take much back-and-forth before we decided on WL. To say we're excited would be putting it VERY mildly!

DH absolutely loves Whispering Canyon Cafe, Territory Lounge, and generally hanging out around Wilderness Lodge. This is meant to be our 'last hurrah' trip before hitting our 30s and trying to start a family, so it didn't take much back-and-forth before we decided on WL. To say we're excited would be putting it VERY mildly!

WL is beautiful! I've never stayed there, but had a great dinner at Artist Point a few years ago (cedar plank salmon and berry cobbler - :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 ). I was so early for my ADR, I strolled around the grounds and spent some time just relaxing in the lobby. Artist Point is on my short list of restaurants I want to go back to.

To follow on MamaM's post, I start by picking my dates, then once the rates for next year come out, I book my room. I read the Dis and EasyWDW constantly to keep up on the new stuff coming. I read lots of menus. ;) I'm already mentally framing up days even though I don't yet know "which day will be which," and I know there will be new things and changes I don't even know about yet. There's always so much, sometimes I think I start planning the next trip before I even get home from the current one!

WL is beautiful! I've never stayed there, but had a great dinner at Artist Point a few years ago (cedar plank salmon and berry cobbler - :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 ). I was so early for my ADR, I strolled around the grounds and spent some time just relaxing in the lobby. Artist Point is on my short list of restaurants I want to go back to.

We're definitely planning to try Artist Point on this trip -- I don't think I've ever heard a bad review of that cedar plank salmon!

We plan to be in 3 rooms at Pop Century February 23rd to March 1st. I'll have my daughters and grandkids with me - 10 of us total. My younger DD travels with me most trips, and most of the grandkids have traveled with me multiple trips. The trips to WDW we've most enjoyed were with smaller groups of 3 or 4, so 10 is challenging. I'm the planner. I can do this!

Last edited:
Hooray for February! Looking like we'll be at Pop the 4th-12th for our third Feb trip. Have also done two Jan trips but DD wants to celebrate her bday at home this year. Whatever :). Hoping booking info is released soon and keeping a lookout for any discount of any sort :)

Thanks for making this thread! Was looking for a place to share the excitement. Looking forward to discussing the planning with you all.

Not long back from our May trip this year (May 9th - May 24th) and have booked the next already. Going for 16 nights next year between Feb 24th - Mar 12th, staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Travelling from the UK, so was able to get free dining, free memory maker, and a $200 Disney gift card as part of the promotion. Very, very pleased with that.

Will be our first time going in February (I guess technically I'm there more days in March, however taking part in this thread makes it feel closer!) How do you February regulars find it weather and crowd wise? I know that it can always vary, but would be nice to hear some previous experiences to have some ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:
Change of plans: same dates, but switching from WL to OKW and using the difference in price to fund a quick trip to DLRP in December (we live in London, so it's a semi-rational decision, I swear!).
@karly05, we're still planning to do Artist Point :thumbsup2

Good news - we can start booking our trips June 21st. Let's get this started! I'm hoping to have everyone sit down and discuss the dates and the fundamentals of the trip so that there are no surprises ( like " I didn't know you meant THAT week!") with all the travelers.

Fe
Thanks for making this thread! Was looking for a place to share the excitement. Looking forward to discussing the planning with you all.

Not long back from our May trip this year (May 9th - May 24th) and have booked the next already. Going for 16 nights next year between Feb 24th - Mar 12th, staying at the Port Orleans Riverside. Travelling from the UK, so was able to get free dining, free memory maker, and a $200 Disney gift card as part of the promotion. Very, very pleased with that.

Will be our first time going in February (I guess technically I'm there more days in March, however taking part in this thread makes it feel closer!) How do you February regulars find it weather and crowd wise? I know that it can always vary, but would be nice to hear some previous experiences to have some ideas. Thanks!

February weather can be a true mixed bag. Pack for everything. Our last ten day trip was Feb 2015 and it only rained one day but temps varied greatly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter