***Official February 2017 Thread***

7 days from now, we'll be last-minute packing the car for the airport! The excitement is finally building and I'm a little more calm about everything. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and whatnot.... like major Fastpasses, demanding relatives, and dining reservations :thumbsup2

We got back into town last week Wednesday, and I'm finally getting caught up now. We had a wonderful trip, filled with neat experiences and some great weather. We only had one day that didn't reach the upper 70's/low 80's (I don't think Friday the 10th made it out of the 60's). The only rain we experienced were some overnight t-storms one night (which kept me awake with worry that I left the sunroof of our car open. Thankfully I didn't.)

After reading about how this is one of the "slow" times, the parks were way busier than I had anticipated, but you'll never hear me complain about crowds or wait times. I will say, with as much grief as Disney has gotten related to FP+, it completely made this trip for us. We knew that every day, we'd get to do at least three of our favorites. And we loved how we could be standing in the FP line after scanning in for our third FP, and go on our phone app and book our next FP before we even rode that 3rd FP ride (if that makes any sense).

I really changed up my Feb 11 40th birthday plans. Our morning plans went through as planned (breakfast at The Wave, Muppets 3D and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster [although I also had a FP for Tower of Terror, but decided to skip it because I waited almost an hour to ride RnR twice and I didn't want to make my non-roller-coaster-riding wife spend even more time waiting for me].) My afternoon plans were to go to Magic Kingdom, eat at Casey's, get an ice cream cookie sandwich with warm peanut butter sauce from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and eat that during Wishes. However, once we got back to our room, I decided that I just didn't want to deal with crowds, or people in general, on my birthday. So we instead drove over to Wilderness Lodge and walked around there for a while. Then we got some food from the Contempo Café for supper, and watched The Contemporary's "Movie Under the Stars", which happened to be one of my favorite movies of all time (Disney or otherwise), The Lion King. It was one of my favorite birthdays ever.

We were lucky enough to get FP's for Rivers of Light during the soft opening period on Feb 12. We sacrificed an evening Safari ride for it, but it was totally worth it! We hung around Animal Kingdom for a while afterwards, just enjoying the atmosphere of that park at night.

I'm not sure we'll go back in February again, in large part due to the uncertain driving conditions coming from Wisconsin. But we had a truly magical time this trip, and it was awesome spending my 40th birthday in WDW.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great trip.
It was definitely busier this February than previous years we've been there, and 17th was crazy (for us, not compared to when I've been in the summer) so we were almost happy to be leaving on Saturday!
We knew they were going to be busy days because of President's Day but our boys have never had to experience more than a 15-20 minute wait for anything before so they were completely overwhelmed!!

Having a blast! The weather is AMAZING! Kids have been in the pool for the past two nights. MK was crowded Sat & Sun but good fast pass planning was the key. Rope drop to Adventure Land on Sunday morning was a great, peaceful start. Hit World Showcase this am at 11, and enjoyed a leisurely stroll from the IG to Norway (12:30 FEA FP), Behind the Seeds tour & the last day of the Festival of the Arts.

We got back into town last week Wednesday, and I'm finally getting caught up now. We had a wonderful trip, filled with neat experiences and some great weather. We only had one day that didn't reach the upper 70's/low 80's (I don't think Friday the 10th made it out of the 60's). The only rain we experienced were some overnight t-storms one night (which kept me awake with worry that I left the sunroof of our car open. Thankfully I didn't.)

After reading about how this is one of the "slow" times, the parks were way busier than I had anticipated, but you'll never hear me complain about crowds or wait times. I will say, with as much grief as Disney has gotten related to FP+, it completely made this trip for us. We knew that every day, we'd get to do at least three of our favorites. And we loved how we could be standing in the FP line after scanning in for our third FP, and go on our phone app and book our next FP before we even rode that 3rd FP ride (if that makes any sense).

I really changed up my Feb 11 40th birthday plans. Our morning plans went through as planned (breakfast at The Wave, Muppets 3D and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster [although I also had a FP for Tower of Terror, but decided to skip it because I waited almost an hour to ride RnR twice and I didn't want to make my non-roller-coaster-riding wife spend even more time waiting for me].) My afternoon plans were to go to Magic Kingdom, eat at Casey's, get an ice cream cookie sandwich with warm peanut butter sauce from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and eat that during Wishes. However, once we got back to our room, I decided that I just didn't want to deal with crowds, or people in general, on my birthday. So we instead drove over to Wilderness Lodge and walked around there for a while. Then we got some food from the Contempo Café for supper, and watched The Contemporary's "Movie Under the Stars", which happened to be one of my favorite movies of all time (Disney or otherwise), The Lion King. It was one of my favorite birthdays ever.

We were lucky enough to get FP's for Rivers of Light during the soft opening period on Feb 12. We sacrificed an evening Safari ride for it, but it was totally worth it! We hung around Animal Kingdom for a while afterwards, just enjoying the atmosphere of that park at night.

I'm not sure we'll go back in February again, in large part due to the uncertain driving conditions coming from Wisconsin. But we had a truly magical time this trip, and it was awesome spending my 40th birthday in WDW.

Sounds like an amazing time! Happy belated birthday!

Days till our trip - 0. We leave today! I am driving with the 3 youngest grandkids at noon, and the rest of the family will start out this evening. I managed to get a room for one night at ASMu for tonight, then the package (3 rooms, 3 packages) starts at CSR tomorrow. To all the rest of you Mardi Gras travelers, see you there!

Days till our trip - 0. We leave today! I am driving with the 3 youngest grandkids at noon, and the rest of the family will start out this evening. I managed to get a room for one night at ASMu for tonight, then the package (3 rooms, 3 packages) starts at CSR tomorrow. To all the rest of you Mardi Gras travelers, see you there!
We leave Friday morning, just my husband and me, but I would take Mardi Gras break in Disney over a parade in New Orleans any day.

Anyone just get back or leaving in the next few days? We leave in about a week (early March). I can't figure out the weather. Coming from Pennsylvania. Thinking T-Shirts and Shorts for during the day. Will be wearing jeans on the plain and bring light jacket. Is the humidity bad yet or really nice outside. I saw the forecast, but keeps changing. I don't want to be cold, but from what I can tell its getting warm already. This PA weather is crazy warm this week. Thanks!

Anyone just get back or leaving in the next few days? We leave in about a week (early March). I can't figure out the weather. Coming from Pennsylvania. Thinking T-Shirts and Shorts for during the day. Will be wearing jeans on the plain and bring light jacket. Is the humidity bad yet or really nice outside. I saw the forecast, but keeps changing. I don't want to be cold, but from what I can tell its getting warm already. This PA weather is crazy warm this week. Thanks!
We got back last week. We had perfect weather - most days touched 80, one day didn't get out of the 60's. We're from Wisconsin, so even the 60's were comfortable. We packed jeans, but didn't wear them. On the 60's day, I was in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. Most nights we wore light jackets / sweatshirts. No humidity at all. The weather was borderline swimming weather. We tried one day, but the water was too cold.

We got back last week. We had perfect weather - most days touched 80, one day didn't get out of the 60's. We're from Wisconsin, so even the 60's were comfortable. We packed jeans, but didn't wear them. On the 60's day, I was in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. Most nights we wore light jackets / sweatshirts. No humidity at all. The weather was borderline swimming weather. We tried one day, but the water was too cold.

Thank you so much!!!! That helps a lot. We are from PA so similar weather.

It was 76 today in Erie, PA (right up on Lake Erie) but only 74 in Orlando. What in the world!?!

Down to last-minute packing, printing itineraries, and lacking sleep in general. Charge electronics!! I need to do that. The weather is going to be about 10 degrees higher than I'm comfortable with but who cares we'll be at Disney!! Leaving for the airport in 19 hours!

I am back from a fun (but short) girls trip. The weather our first park day (22nd) was rainy and cold, but we enjoyed the lower crowds and it did not affect our plans at all. We ponchoed up and soldiered on. Did MK in the morning, HS afternoon evening and back to MK. We paid for the express transportation and found it very worth it. Definitely helped make the most of a short trip. Thursday (23rd - my birthday) we did Epcot and AK. Rivers of Light was awesome. So glad we got a fastpass. People were packed in there early. We found AK the most crowded of all the parks on our trip.

Best news is, my fiancé agreed to adding a couple days at after our cruise in Dec. So, I booked a bounceback and already have another countdown! :banana:

Hope everyone who is leaving soon has as great of a trip as we did!

We were at MK on the 22nd also, then headed over to HS for dinner at Brown Derby and the Star Wars fireworks, which were not cancelled despite the heavy downpour. Watching the fireworks in the rain ended up being a highlight of our trip!

(I wore a t shirt and shorts the entire week, only twice adding an additional long-sleeved layer in the evenings)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter