• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official AUGUST 2008 CODES to be posted here please!!:)

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

BUMMER!!! :badpc:

Our AAA rate at POP is already less than the $69 new code rate.
For us it's not a discount at all, it's an increase!!!
I'm not even going to bother to call.

Oh well, we still have a pretty good rate overall--something like $75 after taxes. Can't complain too much. It's just I was hoping that it would come down even just a little bit. Something to make all this watching worth something!

same thing happened to me at Pop last year...already had the AAA discount which was less than the current GP rate :(

This year we are staying at POR and the GP discount is slightly less than AAA so I had them add the new discount. Only saved $11.49 per night for 4 nights but I'll take it.

Well tried to apply code to my package and NO luck!! Whatever happened to offering it to the Disney Visa cardholders first. This totally sucks. Good thing I am happy with the package price I am paying now, just doesn't hurt to save a few $$$. We could have moved up to Carribbean Beach Resort but they only had king rooms left and the CM with grand gathering told me I would have to book 2 rooms since it's me, DH and DS11, my package price would have gone up $300! I DON"T THINK SO!!! Oh well hope others are having better luck!!

What is the DDI code? I haven't found that one?

Keep trying if you strike out the first time you call for a Value for the week of Aug 15-24.

When I called yesterday afternoon, there was lots of availability (and I was looking for two rooms) at Pop & ASMu in both standard and preferred, and at ASMo in preferred. (Didn't check ASSp, since I'm travelling with my 6yo Princess Fanatic niece.) We were already booked at ASMo in a standard, but there was no availability on the DBK (MYW w/Dining) code, so we upgraded to a preferred room and ended up with a $10 room credit on each room.

The CM I talked to was really helpful, and would have happily switched resorts for me so I could get the standard rooms at the discounted rate. It was my call not to do the switch, since I think my niece will prefer ASMo. There's rooms available, though...or at least there were yesterday. :confused3 I can't see why people are being told they can't switch or that there's no availability...

What code did you use for the value?? I am going to try again.I need 9-16th at Pop preferred room. I am still hoping for any discount. Bonnie

What code did you use for the value?? I am going to try again.I need 9-16th at Pop preferred room. I am still hoping for any discount. Bonnie

I used the DDK code, but we've got the package with dining. DIS lists:
TRAVEL DATES: August 3 - September 27, 2008
BOOK BY: July 27, 2008
BOOKING CODES:
DB0 - Basic MYW Package
DDK - Basic MYW Package Plus Dining
DDN - Basic MYW Package Plus Deluxe Dining

We are staying at WL Standard 8/12-8/19 and were offered Studio at WL Villas for $125 less per reservation. We decided to stay standard to have two queen beds, instead of a queen and a pullout sofa.

We are staying at WL Standard 8/12-8/19 and were offered Studio at WL Villas for $125 less per reservation. We decided to stay standard to have two queen beds, instead of a queen and a pullout sofa.

That was what was available for our stay 8/10-8/17 dh switched (we did have woods view bunkbeds)to the studio to save $$ and I called back and played w/ the dates and got us courtyard view bunkbeds 8/14-8/21 and saved us $283.50 from our original reservation.

Just called Disney and tried to apply the discount to my reservation. No good at POFQ. Its booked so they won't let me apply the code. I could switch to CB and save about $130.00 off the AAA rate but DD loves the boatride to DTD and since she is only 6 the less walking in the resort the better. Oh well a discount would be nice but I'm still grateful that I can afford to go. Maybe something will pop up before we leave.

That was what was available for our stay 8/10-8/17 dh switched (we did have woods view bunkbeds)to the studio to save $$ and I called back and played w/ the dates and got us courtyard view bunkbeds 8/14-8/21 and saved us $283.50 from our original reservation.

What did you get the courtyard bunks room for if you don't mind my asking? We were quoted $295 a night for 8/6-8/11 which did not seem like much of a discount, but I just was not sure if that was all I could expect. I would have thought it would have been lower given the $149 a night deal on a standard room (if they only had some left).

Thanks.

The website showed $229 for those dates for two adults in a Courtyard bunk bed room. Might be more if you have more adults.

I have been away the past two days but thanks to DH and our trusty Dream Come True agent Liz, we are moving to CBR (from POFQ) and saving almost $200. (That will almost pay for our couples massage at the Swan!)

if we can have the code applied to a portion of our stay at ASsports? We will be there 8/5-12 but the code starts on the 9th. Would they apply it to the last 3 nights without having to break it into 2 ressies?

DS11 REALLY wants to stay at ASsports so upgrading to a mod (which the code is valid our entire stay) isn't something we want to do.

Thanks everyone!

What did you get the courtyard bunks room for if you don't mind my asking? We were quoted $295 a night for 8/6-8/11 which did not seem like much of a discount, but I just was not sure if that was all I could expect. I would have thought it would have been lower given the $149 a night deal on a standard room (if they only had some left).

Thanks.

I'm not too sure, I know we were paying rack rate $4795.98 WL Woods view bunkbeds, 8 day MYW hopper w/out water parks, deluxe dining. Were doing everything the same now w/ courtyard view bunkbeds w/ the GP discount for $4512.48. That's for 2 adults and 3 kids ages 10, 6 & 1. DH says he thinks the guy told him $240 a night. That might be after taxes?

:mad: Ughhhhh! I've been waiting for them to release a code and when they finally do --- the ASMu is already sold out! Unbelievable! Our reservations are for a family suite August 10th - 16th. The CM was very nice and helpful, but the only thing she could do for me was to upgrade us to the Boardwalk for $602 more:scared1: I can't spend that much extra, even with the 200 ft. water slide!!!

I tried to call a little bit ago to add discount to our ASsports room only ressie for 8/5 -12 & nothing available there or ANY value resorts.....nothing for any mod's except CBR (main pool under construction-no thxs)

WAH :(

I just got the discount for the 22 & 23!!! That's are room only ressi ... you can't use it if you have FD right?!?!

I tried to call a little bit ago to add discount to our ASsports room only ressie for 8/5 -12 & nothing available there or ANY value resorts.....nothing for any mod's except CBR (main pool under construction-no thxs)

WAH :(

Yeah, I did a search for the first week of the code and there's nothing available at any value--with the discount or not.

I live in florida and we are wanting to book the weekend of the 15th.
would it be cheaper for me to get a florida room rate or use a coupon code?
we would love to stay at the contemporary but a mod like coronado springs would be fine too.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I live in florida and we are wanting to book the weekend of the 15th.
would it be cheaper for me to get a florida room rate or use a coupon code?
we would love to stay at the contemporary but a mod like coronado springs would be fine too.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks

FL codes are usually the best available. Go to www.mousesavers.com to see what's going right now and then give Disney a call to price things out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter