• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official AUGUST 2008 CODES to be posted here please!!:)

Called DW today to try and apply the summer code.

I was told that my one-day "room only" at Fort Wilderness was "sold out". (8/12)

I was then told that my eight-night stay at a Family Suite at ASM could not have that code applied to it because the code was for "room only".(8/13-21)

However, the CSR sounded really new, because he had no idea what a PIN number was and put me on hold four times to apparently ask what PINs were and then to figure out what to do with the codes.

Should I call back?

Absolutely - call back! We happened to be staying during the entire time of the special, but we also had a package. I just happened to talk to the right person, and she said she would see what she could do. I could not believe my ears when she told me it was going to be just fine, and that nearly $950 dollars was going to be refunded to my credit card. So, it is definitely worth calling back if you are uncomfortable with the first answer!

I told her that there was a specific promo code that I thought could be applied, and was willing to pay the change fee. She asked me for the promo code, and then worked her magic.

Now, it is possible that those rooms are already gone, and that I just happened to luck out, but I'm a firm believer in trying again.

Good luck!

site, but I was wondering what the likelihood of getting an upgrade (for free..lol) once we were there would be- ie. a better room, up to concierge level...etc? Any thoughts or experiences?

Also, is it too late to use the summer getaway code? Does anyone know what it is?

thanx
Connie

site, but I was wondering what the likelihood of getting an upgrade (for free..lol) once we were there would be- ie. a better room, up to concierge level...etc? Any thoughts or experiences?

Also, is it too late to use the summer getaway code? Does anyone know what it is?

thanx
Connie

Summer getaway for the general public had to be booked by 7/27...right now there are no new offers listed yet.

However, if you are a Disney Visa cardholder...you can book until 8/10 using code NWS. Here's a link to the info: http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/newsandoffers/offer-wdwjuly08roomonly.html

thanx
Connie

Your chances are very slim, but anything is possible. You are more likely to upgrade to a water view or a preferred location than you are to get concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter