• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official AUGUST 2008 CODES to be posted here please!!:)

No need to go to Mousesavers when we have codes and discount information on our site. Look on the main page for annoucements and there will be links to all the offers.

I'd be very surprised if you are able to get reservations for the Contempoary. We are booked there the 16th - 22nd and they are all booked up. Seems like its going to be very busy in the world this time frame. Also I tried to apply codes for the contemporary and none of them qualify for there. Sorry to be the messenger of not so good news. I was bummed about not getting a deal too! :(
Good Luck

I'm not sure where to put this:
If anyone is canceling their room only trip during the first 2 wks of august can you give me a heads up please;)
I have 2 days booked at POFQ and would like to add on a few more nights there or at POR before I have to move over to the ASsp. I currently have an AP rate but would take a GP rate or rack rate. I've called CRO several time and look online but theres nothing opened at all. The wk of the 4 through the 10th is where I'm running into trouble finding a room.

I just have to share my magical morning. I have called 5 times trying to upgrade my AAA discount room only res at the Poly with code DDK, nothing available. Well I called first thing this morn (5 a.m. west coast) and got lucky. First the cm said that there was nothing available, so I confirmed that I would have to call AAA directly to up grade my res to a package, then he asked me to hold on to see what else he could do. After being on hold for about 10 min he came back and said he was able to transfer my existing res to the DDK code. So I saved more that $200 over AAA discount. I don't understant why some cms have the know how or power to over ride the system. On my other phone calls the cms told me the system would not allow them to make the change if there was no availability.
So I am very happy, the savings will cover our gratuities.:banana:

I called in on the day the codes came out and since there were no standard rooms available for the room only code - all I could do was up grade to a prefered room for a savings of $25.

I called back yesterday, and a standard room had become available! So I was able to switch back to a standard room with a savings of about $200 off my original ressie! Yay me!

It was the $82 Value or 30% on flexible dates. (Beginning August 10)

When we worked it out, because it would only cover two nights for us, we were better off using the general code. The good thing is that this is the second year in a row we have received a code. Once by email and once by snail.

Keeping my fingers crossed for next year when we go later dates in August.

Don't give up on the general code.
When I called last week, they only had the couryard with bunk beds for WL.
I called today and they were able to apply the code to my current reservation of courtyard WITHOUT bunk beds. Saved me another $230 from my original 20% code and $760 off rack rate. :woohoo: Cali Grill here we come.

I was able to get a savanna bunk bed rooms for Aug 20-23, and last week there were no rooms with the code so it does pay to keep checking.

Ok guys I know that no one has posted on here in a while but I had a question regarding this August code that is almost up. I called today and talked to a very nice CM and she said that DDK wouldn't work for me because I booked my trip online and there is a seperate code for online bookings and she put me on hold to talk to another CM and she came back and told me the whoever she was talking to didn't understand what she was asking her to look for and encouraged me to call back to talk to someone else. So I did and he didn't say anything about a seperate code for online bookings. Our last trip in 2006 I booked online and was able to use the code that came out for that time with no problems. Now I totally understand that all the discounts are taken but just wanted to see if anyone else was told this.

TIA

Ok guys I know that no one has posted on here in a while but I had a question regarding this August code that is almost up. I called today and talked to a very nice CM and she said that DDK wouldn't work for me because I booked my trip online and there is a seperate code for online bookings and she put me on hold to talk to another CM and she came back and told me the whoever she was talking to didn't understand what she was asking her to look for and encouraged me to call back to talk to someone else. So I did and he didn't say anything about a seperate code for online bookings. Our last trip in 2006 I booked online and was able to use the code that came out for that time with no problems. Now I totally understand that all the discounts are taken but just wanted to see if anyone else was told this.

TIA

Where have I been? What is the code that is "almost up?" And what dates does it apply?

Don't give up on the general code.

I second that. Have been hitting the Web site at least once a day since the August-September rates went up, and last night finally got the AKL savannah view I've been wanting for three days in August. Saving $150 total off the AAA-discount savannah bunk bed room I had booked. Now if gas will just keep going down ...

Go into Dis Website..Bottom of Pg.."Plan your Summer Getaway Now"..
Those are discounts on certain dates..I believe from August 10th through Sept....You can either book room or click on package..

On a deluxe resort like Boardwalk, rates are I believe $249...about 23% off of regular rack rack for that time period of $325...

You can add MYW tickets and also either regular disney dining or deluxe Disney dining.
Discount is on the room...No discount on MYW tickets or dining..

Try it for several resorts...You may be LUCKY!!!

Hope this was helpful and you get a % off your trip! Once you see it is available, call Disney Travel Company immediately and tell them the package worked for your dates...If they say they can't apply it, hang up and call someone else..You may have to try that because alot of CM's are not exactly
"knowledgable"...

Best of Luck! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

That's great news - and I did find out that it would apply at the place I'm staying!! Does anyone know if I could still get the discount if I am paid in full? I paid at the 45 day period, but would love to get a refund for this special!

if the code causes the reservation to decrease in price after the 45 day mark, they charge you a $50 change fee...

You can always "add on" to any package without penalty!

Hope you can save some $$$$.:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you SO MUCH JerseyGal! I will definitely be calling in the morning! Looks like we may save $600 + if it works out :)

Those are discounts on certain dates..I believe from August 10th through Sept....You can either book room or click on package..

On a deluxe resort like Boardwalk, rates are I believe $249...about 23% off of regular rack rack for that time period of $325...

You can add MYW tickets and also either regular disney dining or deluxe Disney dining.

Hope this was helpful and you get a % off your trip! Once you see it is available, call Disney Travel Company immediately and tell them the package worked for your dates...If they say they can't apply it, hang up and call someone else..You may have to try that because alot of CM's are not exactly
"knowledgable"...

Help!!! :surfweb: I now it's after lunch, but I must be still asleep or having a really blond moment...I'm not seeing the "Plan your Summer Getaway Now".. Maybe I'm going to the wrong place?

NEVERMIND...I FOUND THIS....STILL CURIOUS ABOUT MY QUESTION IN THE NEXT POST THOUGH!

"knowledgable"...

Also, my trip is Aug 7 to 13th...would i be able to apply a discount towards the 10th through 13th? Or do I not qualify since I'll arrive before the 10th?

Also, my trip is Aug 7 to 13th...would i be able to apply a discount towards the 10th through 13th? Or do I not qualify since I'll arrive before the 10th?

You would have to do a split reservation in order to apply the discount from the 10th on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter