Nikki and Tom take on F&W and MNSSHP-Take 2! LINK TO TR pg. 55

I sooo needed that call to Disney because my class has been really frustrating me lately!! So many students are "forgetting" their homework and I can tell when someone truly forgets and is upset but there are those few who either "forget" all the time or just don't seem to care! I've been making such a bid deal about how important it is to make sure you have your work done and don't say your mom forgot it, it's your homework, you have to be responsible for it! Make sure you write it down and that your homework is IN your folder before you pack up. When I was in school, I would NEVER dare not bring in my homework and if I did, I was soooo upset about it....blah blah....seriously, this has been going on for WEEKS!

So today, totally my fault, but I forgot to hand out their math homework. BUT, they all wrote down in their homework logs what the math homework is. You would think ONE of them would realize they didn't have their math homework in their folder!!! I take total responsibility and of course, will not penalize them for it but sheesh!! You wrote it down! Does NO ONE notice it's missing from your folder?

Oh and PLEASE parents!! If your child is going somewhere other than with who they have permission to go home with after school PLEASE write the teacher a note! I will NOT send your child to Brownies unless you give me written permission THAT DAY! It is my responsibility your child goes with the person who is assigned to pick them up.

Arg....rough week. :teacher:

And it doesn't get better when they get to 6th grade. Then, they just hope that we forget and NO, they will never say anything to you, because they secretly hope that you will forget everyday so they never have to do homework. lol. I have the same struggles everyday with 145 different kids. My kids this year are really good, but last year... I ran faster for the door on the last day then the kids did. It was a frustrating year overall. We have to post our homework online each night though so if the kids forget it, they can download it from the internet. Do kids have any responsibility anymore or do we need to do everything? I know we are bridging the gap between home and school communication, but sheesh...it's a lot of extra work each day to scan homework, post it, all for the two kids out of 145 that many look at it each night. I completely understand Nikki! Sorry. :sad2:

Sorry your new PIN didn't wotk out!!! I actually got an email myslef today...our trip is not booked yet but we are hoping to go the end of Oct so no deals are out as of yet....but today I got a PIN for $94 a night at the Values which is where we are hoping to stay....going to call tomorrow and see what they say!!!
On another note....I was a teacher in my former life (read before I had my kids).....and I TOTALLY get where you are coming from...some days it can be very demanding!!!! Hang in there!!!:goodvibes

Sorry about not being able to use the new pin AND about the rough day (weeks) at work. :hug:

I totally understand the *forgetting* to do homework part. I teach triplets, two in one group and the other in the other group. How is it that the one always does her homework, gets things signed, etc. while the other two forget? If she can do it, so can they. But also, where is the mom in that, signing for one girl but not the others????? :confused: Hopefully for you it's just a rough year, and you'll have a better batch of students next year. I know I won't, so I'm hoping to get pregnant and go on preventive leave. :laughing:

And it doesn't get better when they get to 6th grade. Then, they just hope that we forget and NO, they will never say anything to you, because they secretly hope that you will forget everyday so they never have to do homework. lol. I have the same struggles everyday with 145 different kids. My kids this year are really good, but last year... I ran faster for the door on the last day then the kids did. It was a frustrating year overall. We have to post our homework online each night though so if the kids forget it, they can download it from the internet. Do kids have any responsibility anymore or do we need to do everything? I know we are bridging the gap between home and school communication, but sheesh...it's a lot of extra work each day to scan homework, post it, all for the two kids out of 145 that many look at it each night. I completely understand Nikki! Sorry. :sad2:

Sorry your new PIN didn't wotk out!!! I actually got an email myslef today...our trip is not booked yet but we are hoping to go the end of Oct so no deals are out as of yet....but today I got a PIN for $94 a night at the Values which is where we are hoping to stay....going to call tomorrow and see what they say!!!
On another note....I was a teacher in my former life (read before I had my kids).....and I TOTALLY get where you are coming from...some days it can be very demanding!!!! Hang in there!!!:goodvibes

Sorry about not being able to use the new pin AND about the rough day (weeks) at work. :hug:

I totally understand the *forgetting* to do homework part. I teach triplets, two in one group and the other in the other group. How is it that the one always does her homework, gets things signed, etc. while the other two forget? If she can do it, so can they. But also, where is the mom in that, signing for one girl but not the others????? :confused: Hopefully for you it's just a rough year, and you'll have a better batch of students next year. I know I won't, so I'm hoping to get pregnant and go on preventive leave. :laughing:

Thanks guys! Glad I can vent to people who understand!

Email I just sent to Disney Sports:

Hi! I am so excited to register on Monday for the Halloween 5K. I know it will be an amazing experience! Anyway, just going on the information I could find on the website from last year's event, I have a question. I see that a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party ticket is included with registration BUT it is for the party the following day (Sunday). I was planning on attending the party on Thursday or Friday (depending which night has it), as I am leaving to come home Sunday afternoon. Considering the ticket is nontransferable, it seem rather silly that I would pay (around $60!) for my Thursday or Friday ticket and then let this other ticket go to waste! Is there any way that this year we will be given a choice of which night to use our ticket? OR will there be a less expensive registration option that does NOT include this ticket?

Thanks so much for your consideration!

Gosh you've been a busy bee with updates.

Glad you came up with your clues, they sound really good :thumbsup2

Hi Nikki!

Sorry to hear about work, it must be so frustrating at times :hug:

and yay for phoning Disney.. even if the pin code didn't work out! I love speaking to CMs, doesn't matter what it's about! :wizard:

Emma princess: x

So remember my concerns about the 5K MNSSHP ticket begin for Sunday night when we'll already by gone and we plan on going on Friday night? I decided to e-mail Disney and this is what I found out....

Hi! I am so excited to register on Monday for the Halloween 5K. I know it will be an amazing experience! Anyway, just going on the information I could find on the website from last year's event, I have a question. I see that a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party ticket is included with registration BUT it is for the party the following day (Sunday). I was planning on attending the party on Thursday or Friday (depending which night has it), as I am leaving to come home Sunday afternoon. Considering the ticket is nontransferable, it seem rather silly that I would pay (around $60!) for my Thursday or Friday ticket and then let this other ticket go to waste! Is there any way that this year we will be given a choice of which night to use our ticket? OR will there be a less expensive registration option that does NOT include this ticket?

Thanks so much for your consideration!

Nikki-

More information on the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend events will be available on our web site in the upcoming weeks.

We will NOT be offering a Mickey's Not So Scary Party Ticket this year as part of registration for any of the events, however.

Thanks,

Run Disney

OMG - a bottle opener??? That is soooo cool.

I sooo needed that call to Disney because my class has been really frustrating me lately!! So many students are "forgetting" their homework and I can tell when someone truly forgets and is upset but there are those few who either "forget" all the time or just don't seem to care! I've been making such a bid deal about how important it is to make sure you have your work done and don't say your mom forgot it, it's your homework, you have to be responsible for it! Make sure you write it down and that your homework is IN your folder before you pack up. When I was in school, I would NEVER dare not bring in my homework and if I did, I was soooo upset about it....blah blah....seriously, this has been going on for WEEKS!

So today, totally my fault, but I forgot to hand out their math homework. BUT, they all wrote down in their homework logs what the math homework is. You would think ONE of them would realize they didn't have their math homework in their folder!!! I take total responsibility and of course, will not penalize them for it but sheesh!! You wrote it down! Does NO ONE notice it's missing from your folder?

I swear, that's just the last thing....I don't know if I'm just losing my patience over the years but it seems these kids just don't care to take responsibility for anything!

Oh and PLEASE parents!! If your child is going somewhere other than with who they have permission to go home with after school PLEASE write the teacher a note! I will NOT send your child to Brownies unless you give me written permission THAT DAY! It is my responsibility your child goes with the person who is assigned to pick them up.

Arg....rough week. :teacher:

As a parent, I'm just mortified by my 3rd grade son who consistently forgets, well, everything. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do homework and we end up spending 2 or 3 hours a night making he sure he gets it done and done right. Yet my daughter remembers everything and holds you to it :laughing:

My husband will surprise visit the school and shock our son into doing things without our nagging but it only lasts a couple weeks. I have heard my husband was the same way in school and it sounds like my daughter takes after me (i loved school and homework).

If you have any suggestions on how to make kids feel responsible for their own homework, please let me know because I could use it!! Oh, and maybe cleaning their rooms too? :lmao:

40th anniversary Kristen Tote came today!!! I am so excited and I don't know what to do with myself! Now I have the Lucy and the Kristen! I want to switch to the Kristen immediately but I think I'm going to just put it away for a while, since I just got the Lucy. Anyway, here are some pics. I took them with me holding it, and next to the Lucy, for some perspective.

On the elbow..
ry%3D400

And on my arm (sorry for the glare!)
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As a parent, I'm just mortified by my 3rd grade son who consistently forgets, well, everything. It's like pulling teeth to get him to do homework and we end up spending 2 or 3 hours a night making he sure he gets it done and done right. Yet my daughter remembers everything and holds you to it :laughing:

My husband will surprise visit the school and shock our son into doing things without our nagging but it only lasts a couple weeks. I have heard my husband was the same way in school and it sounds like my daughter takes after me (i loved school and homework).

If you have any suggestions on how to make kids feel responsible for their own homework, please let me know because I could use it!! Oh, and maybe cleaning their rooms too? :lmao:

It is just good to know that you are trying! It's when the parents don't care either that is the worst. I'm sure just being a good example is helpful! And having a relationship between school and home, as in, there are consequences at home if he does not carry out his responsibilities in school.

Ugh, sorry to hear about your students. :sad2: I was the same way as you - I'd get sick to my stomach if I knew I had disappointed one of my teachers! I could never EVER lie to them and "forget". You teachers are seriously heroes and incredibly underpaid and under-appreciated! :hug:

Your new bag looks very cute on you! I wonder if they will have them at the World in a couple weeks? I want to see it in person...it really looks adorable!!

I am in LOVE with the 40th Anniversary bag!!!!! It is GREAT!!!! I have never gotten an expensive bag but this may be the one!!! I don't think you said it...or maybe you did and I missed it.....but how did you get it???? They are not for sale online yet....maybe you called???

Ugh, sorry to hear about your students. :sad2: I was the same way as you - I'd get sick to my stomach if I knew I had disappointed one of my teachers! I could never EVER lie to them and "forget". You teachers are seriously heroes and incredibly underpaid and under-appreciated! :hug:

Your new bag looks very cute on you! I wonder if they will have them at the World in a couple weeks? I want to see it in person...it really looks adorable!!

Thanks Brook. I guess kids are just different nowadays. And I can't tell you how much your comment about teachers means to me! Being a teacher has a lot of perks but it really is a hard job. I mean, I can't even go pee when I want to! :rotfl:

They should definitely have the bags. My friend said this was the last one at MouseGear but on the Dooney thread, they are supposedly showing up all over the parks.

LOVE the 40th anniversary bag! Looks great on you. :)

I know, right!? Haha, thanks!

I am in LOVE with the 40th Anniversary bag!!!!! It is GREAT!!!! I have never gotten an expensive bag but this may be the one!!! I don't think you said it...or maybe you did and I missed it.....but how did you get it???? They are not for sale online yet....maybe you called???

I have never, ever, in my LIFE bought an expensive bag! Seriously, all the bags I bought were from Target for no more than like 30 bucks! I don't know what's gotten into me!

This bag was actually purchased by a friend who was in WDW last week. They JUST came out before he went so he picked it up for me at MouseGear. Said it was the last one but I'm sure they will be restocking all year! :thumbsup2

The 40th looks great! Nice of your friend to pick it up for you. I also know what you mean about school and going to the bathroom. Somedays I get to the afternoon and realized that I never went all day. :eek: Being a teacher is great, but at the same time, it's so hard to just go to the bathroom or take a five minute break for yourself or take off for the day. It's not as easy as some people think. Enjoy your new bags.

The 40th looks great! Nice of your friend to pick it up for you. I also know what you mean about school and going to the bathroom. Somedays I get to the afternoon and realized that I never went all day. :eek: Being a teacher is great, but at the same time, it's so hard to just go to the bathroom or take a five minute break for yourself or take off for the day. It's not as easy as some people think. Enjoy your new bags.

I'm so glad you understand! It's not just the bathroom thing, that is really nothing but just a small example of what teachers have to deal with on a daily basis.

There is something seriously wrong with me!

Just started watching the travel channel disney special....like 10 mins in, she says something to the effect of, "but one of my favorite places to be is in world showcase" and I kid you not, i start crying! Like i just can't suck back the tears! It's just so awesome that my body doesn't know how to control how much I love it!

There is something seriously wrong with me!

Just started watching the travel channel disney special....like 10 mins in, she says something to the effect of, "but one of my favorite places to be is in world showcase" and I kid you not, i start crying! Like i just can't suck back the tears! It's just so awesome that my body doesn't know how to control how much I love it!

I know how you feel. Last year walking around Disney with my kids I spontaneously cried 3 different times. I have such wonderful memories of Disney as a child that sometimes things just hit me. The first time I smelled the orange smell on Soarin' I cried simply because it reminded me of Horizons and that was my favorite ride as a child. I cried watching the beginning of the Move it, Shake it... parade. Why? Have no idea. Cried after Illuminations was over one night. Oh I am so emotional too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter