Nikki and Tom take on F&W and MNSSHP-Take 2! LINK TO TR pg. 55

Such a cute bag Nikki! I was watching the special on the travel channel too tonight and got sooooo "homesick" !

Hi, I just found your PTR and read the entire thing. I'm subbing!

I am enjoying reading about your planning. It sounds like you will have a great time.

We too love WS. I could spend days and days there!

I love your D&B Bags. Last year for our anniversary DH went into Trend D and got me an entire set with all the pieces. I nearly fainted. I don't know the name of the bag (isn't that terrible) but it's the brown one with Mickey's all over it. I can so understand how hard it is not to be obsessed with these bags!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans.

There is something seriously wrong with me!

Just started watching the travel channel disney special....like 10 mins in, she says something to the effect of, "but one of my favorite places to be is in world showcase" and I kid you not, i start crying! Like i just can't suck back the tears! It's just so awesome that my body doesn't know how to control how much I love it!

Haha, it's funny because I was watching that special last night too and I thought to myself, "I wonder if Nikki is watching because she would love this!" I was teary eyed myself... but when it comes to Disney, what else is new?! :rotfl:

I haven't been on here in a while. Sorry! But during spring break, I'll catch up ;) I promise.

Hi Nikki! I know I'm 14 pages behind, but I just read them all!!! :goodvibes

Your plans sound great so far! I've never done a Disney race but really hope to someday! I think it would be such a great experience!

I can't wait to read more about your plans & hear more about POR. We are going to Disney in September but probably more towards the beginning or middle. Right now we are considering staying at either POR or POFQ so I'd love to hear your opinions...especially since you have stayed there multiple times & are such an expert!!! :goodvibes

Please feel free to join my PTR as well...I just started it the other day & its slightly boring so far because I'm still working on my TR from June (yeah, I know I'm really slow with my report...lol)

Love the 40th WDW Dooney!!!! :lovestruc I knew they would make one for WDW since they made one last year for DL! I really want one, but I'm hoping they come out with a bunch of different styles. I love the one you got but for some reason, I need really long straps or else my purse drives me crazy! :lmao: I really watch money too...but my weakness is Dooneys! I have been obsessed with them for about 5 years now! It all started when I got a Christmas bonus at work one year...I used half of it to buy my first Dooney with a matching wallet & wristlet. It actually was one of the cheaper Dooneys & it was during a sale so I got a great deal on the purse & accessories!!! I have purchased a few over the years (usually through QVC) but I ended up selling them all at some point. The only current Dooney that I own is the Disney Wonder (the large black one with the silouette Mickeys!) I absolutely love it!!! Its the BEST purse I've ever owned & I can look at it everyday & think of the greatest place in the world! ;)

So, enough about my Dooney obsession! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I'm going to go back through your other reports to get more info on Port Orleans! I've read/followed along before, but I think I need a refresher since we're planning to stay there this trip!

I really loved seeing all of your old Disney pictures from past trips!!! Isn't it great to look through those pics & remember all the memories? I need to get mine out & maybe I will post some on my PTR. Mine are especially special to me because my 1st trip to Disney was the last time my grandpa ever walked (he had back surgery that went wrong a few weeks after we got back from our trip & never walked again). I'm not positive but I think we were there for Disney's 25th Anniversary! I have a picture of my dad & I in front of the sign! Its so great to remember those old memories!!! :goodvibes

Going to read some of your past reports now & get some tips on PO!!! :surfweb:

I know how you feel. Last year walking around Disney with my kids I spontaneously cried 3 different times. I have such wonderful memories of Disney as a child that sometimes things just hit me. The first time I smelled the orange smell on Soarin' I cried simply because it reminded me of Horizons and that was my favorite ride as a child. I cried watching the beginning of the Move it, Shake it... parade. Why? Have no idea. Cried after Illuminations was over one night. Oh I am so emotional too.

Oh, when I bring my kids to disney for the first time...forget it!! I'm going to be a sobbing mess!! So glad you understand!

Such a cute bag Nikki! I was watching the special on the travel channel too tonight and got sooooo "homesick" !

Thanks Wendy! I'm so happy with it! Yes, homesick is a good word for it!

Hi, I just found your PTR and read the entire thing. I'm subbing!

I am enjoying reading about your planning. It sounds like you will have a great time.

We too love WS. I could spend days and days there!

I love your D&B Bags. Last year for our anniversary DH went into Trend D and got me an entire set with all the pieces. I nearly fainted. I don't know the name of the bag (isn't that terrible) but it's the brown one with Mickey's all over it. I can so understand how hard it is not to be obsessed with these bags!

I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans.

Thanks for joining! If you want to see lots of World Showcase fun, go back and read my past TRs! Loads of World Shocase!

I think I know what bag you are talking about. I liked that one too.

Haha, it's funny because I was watching that special last night too and I thought to myself, "I wonder if Nikki is watching because she would love this!" I was teary eyed myself... but when it comes to Disney, what else is new?! :rotfl:

Haha! Of course I was watching! It was so good, wasn't it?

Loving your D&B bags, great choices :thumsbup2

Thanks Stef!

I haven't been on here in a while. Sorry! But during spring break, I'll catch up ;) I promise.

Glad you're still hear!

Hi Nikki! I know I'm 14 pages behind, but I just read them all!!! :goodvibes

Your plans sound great so far! I've never done a Disney race but really hope to someday! I think it would be such a great experience!

I can't wait to read more about your plans & hear more about POR. We are going to Disney in September but probably more towards the beginning or middle. Right now we are considering staying at either POR or POFQ so I'd love to hear your opinions...especially since you have stayed there multiple times & are such an expert!!! :goodvibes

Please feel free to join my PTR as well...I just started it the other day & its slightly boring so far because I'm still working on my TR from June (yeah, I know I'm really slow with my report...lol)

Love the 40th WDW Dooney!!!! :lovestruc I knew they would make one for WDW since they made one last year for DL! I really want one, but I'm hoping they come out with a bunch of different styles. I love the one you got but for some reason, I need really long straps or else my purse drives me crazy! :lmao: I really watch money too...but my weakness is Dooneys! I have been obsessed with them for about 5 years now! It all started when I got a Christmas bonus at work one year...I used half of it to buy my first Dooney with a matching wallet & wristlet. It actually was one of the cheaper Dooneys & it was during a sale so I got a great deal on the purse & accessories!!! I have purchased a few over the years (usually through QVC) but I ended up selling them all at some point. The only current Dooney that I own is the Disney Wonder (the large black one with the silouette Mickeys!) I absolutely love it!!! Its the BEST purse I've ever owned & I can look at it everyday & think of the greatest place in the world! ;)

So, enough about my Dooney obsession! I can't wait to hear more about your trip! I'm going to go back through your other reports to get more info on Port Orleans! I've read/followed along before, but I think I need a refresher since we're planning to stay there this trip!

I really loved seeing all of your old Disney pictures from past trips!!! Isn't it great to look through those pics & remember all the memories? I need to get mine out & maybe I will post some on my PTR. Mine are especially special to me because my 1st trip to Disney was the last time my grandpa ever walked (he had back surgery that went wrong a few weeks after we got back from our trip & never walked again). I'm not positive but I think we were there for Disney's 25th Anniversary! I have a picture of my dad & I in front of the sign! Its so great to remember those old memories!!! :goodvibes

Going to read some of your past reports now & get some tips on PO!!! :surfweb:

Yay!! So glad you joined!! Okay, first of all, if you want to hear more about POR, I'm sure I talked about it a little in my last TR, July 2010. I've also stayed there a bunch of other times (not in any other TRs) so if you have any specific questions, I'll try to help!

Glad you understand the Dooney obsession! It really came out of nowhere!! Funny, because I am the total opposite...the handles on the bucket bag style seem so long to me, I'd rather have the bag right under my arm or at my elbow so this Kristen was perfect.

I'll definitely check out your PTR and you should totally find those old pictures! Sorry to hear about your grandfather. That's awful but what a nice Disney memory! Was the castle pink???? That was for the 25th! I can't believe I was there for the 25th and now it's going to be the 40th!! Makes me feel so old!

Just started watching the travel channel disney special....like 10 mins in, she says something to the effect of, "but one of my favorite places to be is in world showcase" and I kid you not, i start crying! Like i just can't suck back the tears! It's just so awesome that my body doesn't know how to control how much I love it!

If there is something wrong with you...there is something wrong with all of us! :laughing: I cry at people's TRs!

So they aren't offerring the MNSSHP ticket at all? That's disappointing. I hope the cost is lower for the race then!

I am thinking about ordering a 40th anniversary wristlet, did you say your mom called and ordered them? Did they tell her anything about the pattern placement or was it just luck of the draw? Do you have the number? :thumbsup2 Since Jack is potty trained now I am going to avoid taking a backpack into the parks at least some of the time, so a wristlet would be perfect! I mean I could always use my Vera mini hipster, but if there is the option to buy something new...

If there is something wrong with you...there is something wrong with all of us! :laughing: I cry at people's TRs!

:thumbsup2

So they aren't offerring the MNSSHP ticket at all? That's disappointing. I hope the cost is lower for the race then!

I am thinking about ordering a 40th anniversary wristlet, did you say your mom called and ordered them? Did they tell her anything about the pattern placement or was it just luck of the draw? Do you have the number? :thumbsup2 Since Jack is potty trained now I am going to avoid taking a backpack into the parks at least some of the time, so a wristlet would be perfect! I mean I could always use my Vera mini hipster, but if there is the option to buy something new...

That's what they said! No ticket at all. I was so excited to register today but all that is available to register for right now is the actual 1/2 marathon. :(

No, my mom got the Lucy, a friend who was in Disney got me the 40th. Mom tried to call but they told her they aren't selling them through merchandising right now.

I am alll about the hipster but I'm with you on an excuse to buy something new! :thumbsup2

Jumping in late...I have to read your plans still, but I needed to get in on the teacher talk.

I teach 11th graders...I have terrible grades for homework, but the fact that they can't bring a pencil/pen to class is shocking. Each week since the beginning of the year, I put out 12 for students to borrow. Each week, they disappear. I have a cup of Disney pencils, markers, etc on my desk for me and the kids think I am ridiculous that I don't lend them! :lmao: I said today, "People don't return the boring ones, you think they will give back the cute ones?" (And my daughter last year sharpened pencils at home in order to be prepared for her second grade class.)

At the same time, I have amazing kids who do the right thing everyday!

Rant over!

I LOVE YOUR BAG! I didn't see them when I was there. I will be window shopping online!

It is just good to know that you are trying! It's when the parents don't care either that is the worst. I'm sure just being a good example is helpful! And having a relationship between school and home, as in, there are consequences at home if he does not carry out his responsibilities in school.

Thanks! That means a lot!

I turned on the TV and 'Walt - the man behind the myth' was playing and I had never seen it before. It had home video footage and interviews with his family an friends!!! I got so emotional and was just sucked in. I can't turn the channel either if they show WDW either. LOVE IT!

Jumping in late...I have to read your plans still, but I needed to get in on the teacher talk.

I teach 11th graders...I have terrible grades for homework, but the fact that they can't bring a pencil/pen to class is shocking. Each week since the beginning of the year, I put out 12 for students to borrow. Each week, they disappear. I have a cup of Disney pencils, markers, etc on my desk for me and the kids think I am ridiculous that I don't lend them! :lmao: I said today, "People don't return the boring ones, you think they will give back the cute ones?" (And my daughter last year sharpened pencils at home in order to be prepared for her second grade class.)

At the same time, I have amazing kids who do the right thing everyday!

Rant over!

I LOVE YOUR BAG! I didn't see them when I was there. I will be window shopping online!

Oh neither of my bags are online...yet! I had to get them through other means! :lmao: Glad you understand the teacher issues! It really is a job that most people don't understand unless you do it.

I turned on the TV and 'Walt - the man behind the myth' was playing and I had never seen it before. It had home video footage and interviews with his family an friends!!! I got so emotional and was just sucked in. I can't turn the channel either if they show WDW either. LOVE IT!

Oh I watched that too! Bawled like a baby, of course!

So registration for the 1/2 marathon opened on Monday, which I thought included all of the events but apparently the 5K was not part of it! Still says "coming soon," which drives me crazy because at least when it said February 14, I knew that I didn't have to check 18 times a day like I'm going to be doing now!!

In other news, I had a bit of an 'Ohana scare with all the talk of them taking the wings and pot stickers off the menu. Those are the two best things!! We are so excited to take Gary, Erin and Conor there the night of our MNSSHP because we loved it sooooo much. But not only are people reporting they are still being served, AllEars now has them back on the menu so we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

So registration for the 1/2 marathon opened on Monday, which I thought included all of the events but apparently the 5K was not part of it! Still says "coming soon," which drives me crazy because at least when it said February 14, I knew that I didn't have to check 18 times a day like I'm going to be doing now!!

In other news, I had a bit of an 'Ohana scare with all the talk of them taking the wings and pot stickers off the menu. Those are the two best things!! We are so excited to take Gary, Erin and Conor there the night of our MNSSHP because we loved it sooooo much. But not only are people reporting they are still being served, AllEars now has them back on the menu so we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

I know.... I was so glad to hear that the menu for 'Ohana's was not changing. I couldn't imagine dinner without the pot stickers. We love the potstickers. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to change my reservation to something else. This is always our first meal at disney. I am such a creature of habit.

Whew! That is good news about 'Ohana! I had read those rumors too. Glad it was just a mistake.

How frustrating with the 5k. And how strange! I hope it opens up soon for ya.

I know.... I was so glad to hear that the menu for 'Ohana's was not changing. I couldn't imagine dinner without the pot stickers. We love the potstickers. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to change my reservation to something else. This is always our first meal at disney. I am such a creature of habit.

Whew! That is good news about 'Ohana! I had read those rumors too. Glad it was just a mistake.

How frustrating with the 5k. And how strange! I hope it opens up soon for ya.

The 'Ohana news is such a relief, right?! It still made me nervous so I will be keeping a very close eye on the menus and the boards for any word of change.

Checking the website for the 5K like 12 times a day.... :rolleyes1

Hi Nikki! I thought I had subscribed just after I found out that we were TAT twins. Now I know that I did for sure!

We have a four day weekend from school so I'll get all caught up on your pre-trip planning! :goodvibes
Our fall trips have all been done on conference comp days and personal days too, short trips, but they are so much fun!

I almost mentioned the matching tattoo to you Anita, but I couldn't remember that it was Nikki for sure with it! You both have great taste! :goodvibes

So excited about the 40th anni merch. Looks so cool. I might buy a mug hehe

Did you get the new DVD? It feels like I ordered it months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter