Nikki and Tom take on F&W and MNSSHP-Take 2! LINK TO TR pg. 55

So those of you who have read my TRs before may remember that I wear nothing but Reefs all summer long...well on my feet at least! I even go so far as to have 'rain' Reefs to put on so not to ruin any new Reefs. On the last trip they came especially in handy since it rained practically every day. If it would start raining, I would literally move off to the side somewhere and change my flips!! They form to your feet and after a while, they loose "squishy-ness," especially if they get wet. Trust me...there is a method behind all of my madness. DH doesn't try to understand, he just accepts it!

So being that it is the worst winter we've had in a long time, I decided to shop for some new Reefs and was delighted to see a new color this year in the style that I like. (I only buy Lily or Sandy, btw.) They are dark gray and have yellow, pink and a little blue in them. So cute!!

Oh it felt soooooo good to put these on! I hate having to actually put on shoes and I wanted to cry when I slipped into these! Anyway, now that you all know that I'm certifiable, here's what they look like! Cute, right?

ry%3D400

p.s. I think I might do my toes this color on my next trip! I think it looks good with Reefs. Usually, I do a french manicure but I think this will be cute! I always do clear on my fingernails because colors chip and look bad and I can't have that mid-trip! See...certifiable! These are all things that are part of my planning, that I obsess over in the weeks and days before leaving. :sad2:

Love the reefs and the nail polish! I would like to find something to wear other than sneakers - might try looking this spring, only problem is at my age I need a little more ankle support.

Love the Reefs.

I want to wear flip flops for my next trip, but I'm afraid I won't be comfortable walking a whole day in them... Any advice?

love the Lucy bag Nikki... and good choice about getting the 40 year anni one too! :thumbsup2

I actually didn't know that each bag had different placements .. until I was buying my wristlet at World of Disney - and the Cast Member brought over 10-12 bags for me to pick one! :goodvibes

Hope you are ok & the snow is melting finally... the weather seems to have been so crazy for you the last month or so! :eek:

Emma princess: x

ps - flip-flops with bottle-openers underneath?! I better research those for DF... ;)

Love the reefs and the nail polish! I would like to find something to wear other than sneakers - might try looking this spring, only problem is at my age I need a little more ankle support.

Thanks Wendy! I can't help you with footwear...like I said it's Reefs and only Reefs for me! :thumbsup2

Cute Reef's :thumbsup2

Thanks Stef!

Love the Reefs.

I want to wear flip flops for my next trip, but I'm afraid I won't be comfortable walking a whole day in them... Any advice?

Hmm, that's tough. What do you usually wear, sneakers? I didn't become a flip flop fan until college when a friend bought me my first pair of Reefs and I never looked back! It's so much cooler having your feet free! I wear them all the time so I really am used to them. There are times when I get pains around my ankles and bottom of my legs, just from walking around all day. Not sure if it has to do with footwear or just the fact that I don't usually stand/walk for that long but I just pop an asprin and I'm good to go! :thumbsup2

love the Lucy bag Nikki... and good choice about getting the 40 year anni one too! :thumbsup2

I actually didn't know that each bag had different placements .. until I was buying my wristlet at World of Disney - and the Cast Member brought over 10-12 bags for me to pick one! :goodvibes

Hope you are ok & the snow is melting finally... the weather seems to have been so crazy for you the last month or so! :eek:

Emma princess: x

ps - flip-flops with bottle-openers underneath?! I better research those for DF... ;)

Thanks Emma! That was really nice of the CM to bring you a bunch to choose from. I guess she was used to people asking for more!

Oh yes, the snow is finally just starting to melt. We had a crazy ice storm last week and had off of school again for that. Then yesterday it rained and rained so that started melting the snow and today the sun is finally out!!! It's really nice to see the sun! It's also around 45 degrees so I'm hoping a lot will melt today. But the piles are like 8 feet high so it's not ALL going to be gone but it will help! The craziest part is that the snow is filling up about half of the streets on either side so where two cars could easily pass each other with cars also parked on both sides, now one car has to move to the side so another car can pass. It's annoying and I can't wait for the streets to widen again!!!

Hmm, that's tough. What do you usually wear, sneakers? I didn't become a flip flop fan until college when a friend bought me my first pair of Reefs and I never looked back! It's so much cooler having your feet free! I wear them all the time so I really am used to them. There are times when I get pains around my ankles and bottom of my legs, just from walking around all day. Not sure if it has to do with footwear or just the fact that I don't usually stand/walk for that long but I just pop an asprin and I'm good to go! :thumbsup2

I actually wear flip flops all the time in the summer, just afraid of walking a full day in them. For long walking days I wear sneakers, but I agree with you, I like having my feet free! It's so hot in Florida in August, not to mention the possibility of getting rained on.

I'll just have to go try better flip flops as soon as spring comes around, and practice walking in them. :)

Where do they sell Reefs? Any big stores, or just special places?

I actually wear flip flops all the time in the summer, just afraid of walking a full day in them. For long walking days I wear sneakers, but I agree with you, I like having my feet free! It's so hot in Florida in August, not to mention the possibility of getting rained on.

I'll just have to go try better flip flops as soon as spring comes around, and practice walking in them. :)

Where do they sell Reefs? Any big stores, or just special places?

I've seen them in Lord and Taylor and in Bob's. You can get them at a lot of places online too. That's where I usually get them...

OK....I finally made it through all 12 pages!!! :thumbsup2 I LOVE the 40th Anniversary bag!!!! I might have to get one of those!!!!! I am hoping to go back to WDW in Oct....keeping my fingers crossed that a good deal comes out for the end of the month...so far they all end b4 our travel dates!!!! Loving your report so far!!!

I love reef's too! I am going to order a couple pairs for this summer too. Do you have a specific website you order from?

:thumbsup2

OK....I finally made it through all 12 pages!!! :thumbsup2 I LOVE the 40th Anniversary bag!!!! I might have to get one of those!!!!! I am hoping to go back to WDW in Oct....keeping my fingers crossed that a good deal comes out for the end of the month...so far they all end b4 our travel dates!!!! Loving your report so far!!!

Yay!! Thanks for joining in! Glad you are enjoying my PTR!

I love reef's too! I am going to order a couple pairs for this summer too. Do you have a specific website you order from?

Yes, I order from islandsurf.com. Not sure how I found it...probably just googled "reefs" but I've never had a problem ordering from them before.

Lovin the new Reef design!! I got my first pair of Reef's last summer (was previously a total Teva girl) and became obsessed! Still love my Teva's, but I will say I think the Reef's are way more comfortable for long term walking. I can't stand wearing anything other than flip-flops during the summer, tennis shoes kill my feet. It's funny because IslandSurf is where I order mine from too. They are great about emailing coupon codes after you place your first order. I guess it's time to start shopping cause you know if we wait until warm weather they will all be picked over. :rotfl:

Lovin the new Reef design!! I got my first pair of Reef's last summer (was previously a total Teva girl) and became obsessed! Still love my Teva's, but I will say I think the Reef's are way more comfortable for long term walking. I can't stand wearing anything other than flip-flops during the summer, tennis shoes kill my feet. It's funny because IslandSurf is where I order mine from too. They are great about emailing coupon codes after you place your first order. I guess it's time to start shopping cause you know if we wait until warm weather they will all be picked over. :rotfl:

They are cute right? Oh I'm so glad you feel that way about Reefs too because, to be honest, I haven't tried any other flips and I would hate to find out that I've been preaching the wrong ones all these years!! Funny about islandsurf! I must have unsubscribed or something because I never get coupons!!

I need some help! Every year I vow I'm not going to sign up for secret valentine at work because I always have such a hard time coming up with clues! I have to give my person one clue each day, three days in a row, about me. They should start vague and should be able to solve by the third day.

In the past I have done some pretty good ones. Last year I did all car related pictures. The first day, I took a picture of my keys in the ignition. The second day, I took a picture of my license plate and DH scrambled the letters and numbers on photoshop. The third day I left a picture of my Mickey head valentine's antenna topper and that was the give-away since everyone knows I'm the disney girl!

I've done other disney stuff in the past. One clue, I google-mapped a satellite image of disney world, written a poem about my love for disney (my first year there before anyone know that about me).

Oooh, on year I was getting married the following summer so I did a "this day in history" of my wedding date. Put the year and what happened, then put 2009 and showed a picture of the church I was getting married at.

Anyway, again I'm stumped! The only thing I've come up with so far is doing one with my middle school, high school and college mascots. Just the picture with the year above each and they have to figure out that they are mascots and the year is when I graduated from each.

I think I'm going to do that all as one clue so I need two more! Like I said, they know I'm the disney girl so it can be disney but not too obvious at first.

Any help would be appreciated!

I was pages behind!

Adorable!!! I love this pattern!!

So what arrives in the mail today but the third Lucy. Might as well take a look at it...and what do you know......it's freaking perfect!!

OF COURSE IT IS! SERIOUSLY!!!!! :headache::headache::headache:

How annoying!!!!

But, sounds like you found a perfect solution, get both bags! :thumbsup2 It looks adorable on you, btw - and I didn't think your arm looked freakishly skinny. :goodvibes

I've never heard of Reefs, they looks kinda like Teva Mush, which I love. I will need a new pair of flip flops very soon--I'm going to check these out I think! Thanks for the recommendation!

And I totally put quite a bit of thought into what color my toes will be for each trip as well. :laughing: I really like this color you have in the pic!!

I need some help! Every year I vow I'm not going to sign up for secret valentine at work because I always have such a hard time coming up with clues! I have to give my person one clue each day, three days in a row, about me. They should start vague and should be able to solve by the third day.

In the past I have done some pretty good ones. Last year I did all car related pictures. The first day, I took a picture of my keys in the ignition. The second day, I took a picture of my license plate and DH scrambled the letters and numbers on photoshop. The third day I left a picture of my Mickey head valentine's antenna topper and that was the give-away since everyone knows I'm the disney girl!

I've done other disney stuff in the past. One clue, I google-mapped a satellite image of disney world, written a poem about my love for disney (my first year there before anyone know that about me).

Oooh, on year I was getting married the following summer so I did a "this day in history" of my wedding date. Put the year and what happened, then put 2009 and showed a picture of the church I was getting married at.

Anyway, again I'm stumped! The only thing I've come up with so far is doing one with my middle school, high school and college mascots. Just the picture with the year above each and they have to figure out that they are mascots and the year is when I graduated from each.

I think I'm going to do that all as one clue so I need two more! Like I said, they know I'm the disney girl so it can be disney but not too obvious at first.

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh man....I stink at this kind of stuff. I like your mascot idea, that gives a hint to your age, but it's not obvious exactly who it is.

Maybe the next clue could be a hint as to what color your hair or eyes are - so it narrows the possible pool of people a bit more. Then do the Disney clue, which will be more obvious. Maybe you could give a picture of part of your new Dooney! :goodvibes

Wow, that is a cool game!

Maybe you could stick with mascots for each clue...maybe clue 2 could be your family emblem or coat of arms for your surname, both yours and Tom's if you could find them?

and for the third clue you could make a coat of arms for yourself on photo shop, a shield divided into 4 with 4 images representing you... and I know what at least one of them could be?!:yay:

That does sound complicated! I am all for the idea of using a picture of the new bag for the 3rd clue.

I checked out Island Surf and they look awesome. I also checked out Zappos and they have a lot of 2 pack deals, like 2 pairs of Sandy's for $48 (or maybe $44, I can't remember). I am not sure if that is necessarily a great price, but it's convenient. All the ones I wanted on Island Surf were $20 or so. They have great sales, but I have small feet, and none of the sale ones were my size :confused3 Figures!

But, sounds like you found a perfect solution, get both bags! :thumbsup2 It looks adorable on you, btw - and I didn't think your arm looked freakishly skinny. :goodvibes

I've never heard of Reefs, they looks kinda like Teva Mush, which I love. I will need a new pair of flip flops very soon--I'm going to check these out I think! Thanks for the recommendation!

And I totally put quite a bit of thought into what color my toes will be for each trip as well. :laughing: I really like this color you have in the pic!!

Oh man....I stink at this kind of stuff. I like your mascot idea, that gives a hint to your age, but it's not obvious exactly who it is.

Maybe the next clue could be a hint as to what color your hair or eyes are - so it narrows the possible pool of people a bit more. Then do the Disney clue, which will be more obvious. Maybe you could give a picture of part of your new Dooney! :goodvibes

So glad you agree that getting both bags was the right thing to do!:lmao: Can't believe you never heard of Reefs! You definitely should try them. They are super comf! Haha, glad you understand about the polish! Thanks for trying with the clues! I finally figured it out....

Wow, that is a cool game!

Maybe you could stick with mascots for each clue...maybe clue 2 could be your family emblem or coat of arms for your surname, both yours and Tom's if you could find them?

and for the third clue you could make a coat of arms for yourself on photo shop, a shield divided into 4 with 4 images representing you... and I know what at least one of them could be?!:yay:

Okay, okay....I'm getting some where with that....

That does sound complicated! I am all for the idea of using a picture of the new bag for the 3rd clue.

I checked out Island Surf and they look awesome. I also checked out Zappos and they have a lot of 2 pack deals, like 2 pairs of Sandy's for $48 (or maybe $44, I can't remember). I am not sure if that is necessarily a great price, but it's convenient. All the ones I wanted on Island Surf were $20 or so. They have great sales, but I have small feet, and none of the sale ones were my size :confused3 Figures!

Haha! I have been talking about my new bag to anyone who will listen so that would be a dead give-away! :lmao: Lucky! I wish I had your problem....I have giant feet!!! I have heard of Zappos but never ordered from them. Maybe I'll look there next.

Figured out my clues!!

Clue #1
I went with the mascot idea BUT I added a picture of a cardinal (which is OUR school's mascot) and then eliminated the years. Figured the cardinal would give it away that they other pics were mascots so didn't want the years to give too much away.

Clue #2
The same pictures but added the years and the names of the mascots PLUS I wrote in the middle, "My School Mascots." If they try, they'll be able to figure out it's me.

Clue #3 (Thanks Cathy!)
I found a blank coat of arms and put in a bunch of obscure pictures from my Disney trips with ALLLLLL the dates that I've been to WDW and in the spot where you put your family name, I wrote "My True Mascot!"

I don't really care for the woman who I'm giving the clues to so it's really not a big deal that I"m not thrilled with the clues. I'm just glad I have them done.

Thanks for all your help! :thumbsup2

Oooh, I was soooo excited when I opened my email and up popped a pin code!! It was for 35% off mods and the code I got was 30% off mods. I did the math and would save exactly $37.47! Not a big deal, I know...but hey, that's at least a few margaritas!!

Well unfortunately, I couldn't get the discount :( They only had king rooms available and they cost extra so even with the bigger discount, it was still more money. BUT, I'm so glad I got this wonderful woman on the phone! She seriously just wanted to keep talking to me, it was great! Very productive phone call, even though I didn't save money.

I gave her my flight info for magical express, so that's one less thing to do. Since the three buildings I requested at POR are now "preferred," I put in a request for two other buildings in the mansion section (80-Acadia, 85-Magnolia). AND lastly, although it was noted that my reservation was linked to my in-laws', it was NOT listed that we requested connecting rooms so she added that for me too! :)

YAY! It's so fun to talk to Disney! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter