Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

I'm very excited--because I thought I was innovative and cute...so comment away!!

I wanted to do a 50s poodle skirt thing...but to change it up a bit--I bought black felt with sparkles for the skirt, some pumpkin appliques to go where the poodle usually would (like a pumpkin patch), an orange shirt and a black scarf. I have orange socks--and thought I had black keds, but evidently I got rid of them since I never wear them. So aside from the shoe snaffu, what do you think of this idea?

That sounds cute Lisa loves Pooh. And if you have a guy going with you it should be very easy to match him up - jeans, white T-shirt, etc.

Originally posted by lenshanem
That sounds cute Lisa loves Pooh. And if you have a guy going with you it should be very easy to match him up - jeans, white T-shirt, etc.

I do have a guy--but he'll be Captain Hook--DD wanted him to be a villain. Oh well!

I could not find the answer to if we can start picking up the mnsshp tickets at the will call window at 4pm? or do we have to wait til 7?

Originally posted by Lisa S
We loved MNSSHP and would recommend it for anyone! We saw some people dressed up as Fast passes! They were so , so cool. It looked like they took an actual fast past and blew it up huge and had it laminated. They then wore the front of the pass on the front of them and the back of the pass on the back of them. Great costume whoever you were.

Have fun for all of you going to MNSSHP!:jester:

We were the FastPasses!...and thanks for the compliment!
Yes, I took an actual fastpass and enlarged it at Kinko's.
We went to the parties on 10/14 and 10/17. I was surprised
at the number of people who thought we worked for Disney and
stopped to ask us if were either distributing fastpasses or advertising for them. However, most knew they were our costumes. A Supervisor stopped us on Main Street and
asked to take our pictures for the Disney Archives.
A lot of people asked to have their pictures taken with us, and many CMs commented on them. Characters in the parade stopped in their tracks and either came over and commented on them, such as Jasmine and Alice, or they gestured, such as Minnie, Lilo, Etc. We had an absolute blast!! :earsgirl:

Lisa Loves Pooh,

Is there a dance supply store nearby? You can get a pair of black canvas dance sneakers (Capezio - usually cheapest) and they would work. Plus as an added bonus, great support and very comfortable.

Here is a picture of some like I have that I LOVE!
Canvas Dance Sneaker

I have a pair of black ones and absolutely LOVE them. I wear them all the time.

Originally posted by Maridw
Lisa Loves Pooh,

Is there a dance supply store nearby? You can get a pair of black canvas dance sneakers (Capezio - usually cheapest) and they would work. Plus as an added bonus, great support and very comfortable.

Here is a picture of some like I have that I LOVE!
Canvas Dance Sneaker

I have a pair of black ones and absolutely LOVE them. I wear them all the time.

Alas--buying shoes is not an option--I do have "character" shoes--sold in dance stores and used in plays and musicals and such. I might just wear those with my orange socks. They lasted several hours in musicals and such--I should not have a problem in them. I can pack my black flip flops (quite comfy) just in case my feet wear out.

WDWDeb, Welcome to the DIS.

Please, please, please share a photo!The fastpass costume sounds great!

My whole family can go!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

DH, who loves me very much, bought a ticket on ebay today while I was out! Trust me when I tell you that it was very painful for him!!!:scared1:

That was the last ticket we needed and now the whole family can go for my BIRTHDAY!!!!:cheer2: :bday: :cheer2:

Disneygrl36 (soon to be 37) and Luigi's Girl, thanks to both of you who sent me pixie dust and best wishes. I hope to meet you both there on the 31st!!!! And special thanks to DCrockett who let me have a ticket for face value when it could have gone for significantly more on Ebay!

Oh wait, I have to go get a tinkerbell costume! It's very fitting considering how I got the magic I needed and it's even DIS green! I'll see you all there next week! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!:jumping1: :thewave:

(I'm not at all excited):rolleyes:

Oh wait! I forgot!

Do you think I'll still get a gift from DH?????

Ok, I'm going to pack, and read all 93 pages of this thread, and get my costume and oh my gosh, how many days left.'

And I thought I was out of things about which to obsess!

Bye!

Congrats on that extra ticket!!!!!

Found out this week that my brother is going--my mom kept saying on the 30th which sounded odd as that is Saturday, but he will be there on the 29th with our cousin--so a nice family affair :)

Too exciting!

I FINALLY found white leggings and long sleeve top (which is HARD to do in Michigan in the month of October!!) Mrs. Potts will be shipped to POFQ, along with DS's Captain Hook outfit... I can't WAIT!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

See everyone in front of Haunted Mansion at 7:30!!! GO DISer's, GO DISer's, GO DISer's.... :cheer2: :cheer2:

P1000542.jpg
P1000565.jpg
P1000492.jpg

Here are a couple of Party Pics! It was really fun!

forgetyourtroubles,

The pictures are wicked cool! Looks like you had a blast! The Incredibles is a great idea and I'm sure lots of fun!

Thanks for sharing!

WDWDeb...WELCOME to the DIS!!!
:earsboy:
Ya GOTTA post pictures of the Fastpass costumes...that is too funny!!!

forgetyourtroubles...love your picture...dying to see this movie!

Jobomom...congratulations and have a frightfully good time!!!
frankie.gif

i am so happy your whole family is going to the party!!! your heart must have wished very very hard for your dream to come true! have a magical birthday and i hope to see you there!!!

Originally posted by Kimmielee
I FINALLY found white leggings and long sleeve top (which is HARD to do in Michigan in the month of October!!) Mrs. Potts will be shipped to POFQ, along with DS's Captain Hook outfit... I can't WAIT!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

See everyone in front of Haunted Mansion at 7:30!!! GO DISer's, GO DISer's, GO DISer's.... :cheer2: :cheer2:

Are you at the party on the 29th or 31st?

I'm going on the 29th, but don't think our thread dedicated to that came up with a meet time.

Thanks!

Lisa

What a fab idea for The Incredibles - just mask and shirt. I saw the costumes in The Disney Catalog and I was like OK... How many women could really go around wearing just those tights?!? NOT ME! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter